The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Extended Edition (3D +2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

morfeusz

Premium Supporter
Jun 23, 2013
Colnbrook UK
Release date: November 3rd, 2014
Buy link:
Amazon UK £24.99
Zavvi.com £24.99
Play.com £21.99
WowHD £28.99
Base £24.99

01.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
me to mate . i didn't make same mistake and this time I was waiting for extended edition .

Yes same here, was upset with The Hobbit, bout the Amaray combo 3D + 2D + DVD which was not cheap, after I bought the AMARAY 3D + 2D (I think it was a five disk set cost 50$ US so for the movie it cost me 100 just in Amaray... so this time read reviews and they were talking that every movie gets an extended version so this time didn't buy the first one, I did as the reviews suggested and waited for the EXTENDED EDITION to be released. This is cool !

Omg can't wait for this hopefully the artwork is better than just gandalf standing there.

I agree with you the artwork of the Smaug was pretty Awful... also I find that the artwork for all the Hobbit versions are not that great, steels and amaray... they should/could do something so much better with all the amazing footage the movie has.

Reactions: Narg
I to waited for extended version this time as I got digibook for unexpected jourmey and then picked up extended version amaray in amazons sales for £10.50.

Might go for steelbook this time if artwork is better this time.

Chant with me: No jumbo! No jumbo! No jumbo!

It's not released until November 3 and details on Amazon mention only 1 disc, so we know it's wrong and that it'll change.

The question is, will they manage to get it down to 4 discs — two 3D Blu-rays (can't they do put the entire 3D gimmick on one disc?), one Blu-ray for the film and one Blu-ray where they'd cram all the bonuses would suit me just fine.

Reactions: bradipolpo
Chant with me: No jumbo! No jumbo! No jumbo!

It's not released until November 3 and details on Amazon mention only 1 disc, so we know it's wrong and that it'll change.

The question is, will they manage to get it down to 4 discs — two 3D Blu-rays (can't they do put the entire 3D gimmick on one disc?), one Blu-ray for the film and one Blu-ray where they'd cram all the bonuses would suit me just fine.
No. You chant with me: Consistency! Consistency! Consistency!

LOTR 1 extended steel is jumbo. Hobbit 1 extended steel is jumbo. Lets keep it going, yeah?

It will be something in the likes of the first movie a 4 to 5 disc set, the 3D Extended Version will be like of the first Hobbit on 2 separate blu-ray

3D part 1 (Disc 1) + 3D part 2 (Disc 2)
Blu-ray disc Full Extended version
bonus feature discs (so it's a 4 or 5 disc set)

no sorry bunk this will be a jumbo but it stays in the same size as the first one which isn't a bad thing on this occasion tbh.
hopefully the art will be good and personally without a huge
3D
all over the middle like on gravity will do just on the spine and the j-card for me

well done morfeusz good spot mate glad i held off for this one money well saved on this occasion :thumbs:

basil :thumbs:

p.s. mods we need some lotr smilies don't you think?????

Reactions: morfeusz