The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 16th, 2015
Prices: £21.75 (Amazon UK) - £20.99 (Zavvi)
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Zavvi.com

02.jpg

03.jpg 04.jpg
00.jpg 01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The spine fiasco, has me baffled.

It looks odd. especially with it having LIONSGATE on there.

Hopefully It will be available for under a tenner, in the not too distant future, as I need it to go with the other 2

Email just sent to Lionsgate UK

Hi

Can someone advise what is going to be happening in relation to the steelbook just released today of MOCKINGJAY Part 1 on blu ray ?

I have the previous 2 films in steelbook and I have just got this today and noticed the title missing from the spine of the steelbook ... this totally spoils the full set when lined up on my shelf.
You have been consistent with the design so they all match but this is unacceptable as you have printed the lionsgate logo on the spine !
The issue is also creating a stir with steelbook collectors on the forums.
This will be returned for a full refund until corrected and the mind boggles how this got past Q&A.

Many thanks

Email just sent to Lionsgate UK

Hi

Can someone advise what is going to be happening in relation to the steelbook just released today of MOCKINGJAY Part 1 on blu ray ?

I have the previous 2 films in steelbook and I have just got this today and noticed the title missing from the spine of the steelbook ... this totally spoils the full set when lined up on my shelf.
You have been consistent with the design so they all match but this is unacceptable as you have printed the lionsgate logo on the spine !
The issue is also creating a stir with steelbook collectors on the forums.
This will be returned for a full refund until corrected and the mind boggles how this got past Q&A.

Many thanks

Thanks. You should have also asked them what are they going to do when part 2 comes out?

Definitely an error, but whether it's a cock-up by Lionsgate for not sending the correct artwork into production, or whether Scanavo screwed up during production I don't know. Certainly it wouldn't have been intentional, especially as the designs thus far have been so consistent. It's not like Disney with their reluctance in titles as a cost-cutting exercise.

I wonder if anything can be done about it. Personally I'd like some exchange program or something where you can send proof of purchase and Lionsgate will send out a naked steelbook with just the spine on it (put on your own front and back). I consider all of these incredibly unlikely though.

Popped into HMV to have a look at it and low and behold-an untitled spine. Hunger Games set now ruined.

Think this is the moment where I just concentrate on the Marvel/DC stuff and just sell off everything else.

If the spine had been completely blank (e.g. no lionsgate & the blu ray logo) I'd have assumed they'd just sent the mockup as the final design and forgotten to add the title.
But the fact that there's the lionsgate & blu ray logo on it but no title means someone really cocked this up, because they realised the spine was blank but still didn't add the title.

Well, someone has dropped the ball on this big time...Lionsgate is at fault for not checking the sent production Steel BEFORE distribution....

Did the other UK releases have the title on the side of the J-Card like this? I can't remember.

If they didn't I'm wondering if they amended the J-Card after realising the spine wasn't right.

Edit: Someone was asking about the audio tracks earlier. So here's that info:

Last edited:
The only ways that we can 'protest' this release is by sending it back for a full refund *and* by logging into amazon.co.uk and give this release a 1-star rating with the 'no title on spine' explanation.

Reactions: Butz2k