Live 12pm UK time Black Friday 11/28

Release date: March 9, 2015
Purchase link: The Imitation game
Price: £19.99
Notes: Matte finish

11048000-1417112585-881497.jpg

11048000-1417112611-751436.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Enema more like, as it looks like shite.

A delightful post as always. I personally don't think this is that bad. If it drops below a tenner and is only a couple of quid more than the amaray, then it is worth a purchase. It always pays to wait for actual pictures though if there is little chance of the title selling out before the release date.

Reactions: Paperinukke
Woah, apparently only under 100 left of this according to a Zavvi email.......:LOL:

Somehow I don't think so..,

And over the last 4 weeks I've been getting the same (Steels under 100 left) email and everytime I click on it it's the same selection of bloody steels....

• Informative
Reactions: WKRP and lolwut
Still haven't seen the steel in hand does it need a gloss finish or is it a low quality picture too

Yep, it feels and looks very dull, you know what I mean when you see it. Not worth £20 at all. £14.99 at best as its a new release. Other than that I wait till it drops to £9.99 but it looks like it will be sold out before it can.

Possibly a classic zavvi scare tactic. I've also noticed the same steels on the less than 100 page plus the fast and furious which has already sold out!

I was thinking about the poor quality of this Steel and then the F-up with Mocking Jay. It may well be that SC & LG are locked in battle with the manufacturer.
I really hope that this is the reason, I tried to get hold of my contact who does PR for them but not had a response yet, if I hear something I will let you all know asap

Sent an email to Zavvi, I still haven't received mine. The longest time it is has ever taken for me to receive something from them is 8 days and we are passed that now, hopefully it arrives soon.

Despite the matte finish, still looking forward to receiving it. None of the regular blu-ray releases for this film look good.
Worried about pulling off the J-card though after seeing the picture from @Kaka1888 . I HATE when that happens. Reminds me of the German 'Cloud Atlas' steelbook, that was really bad.

Can't wait to see the movie again, I saw it last September at TIFF and it won the audience choice prize. When I stood in the rush line for it, I had no idea about it at all. The fun of film festivals, going in blind not knowing what to expect.
Turned out being one of the best from 2014, definitely wish PA had the rights for a PROPER release.

Sent an email to Zavvi, I still haven't received mine. The longest time it is has ever taken for me to receive something from them is 8 days and we are passed that now, hopefully it arrives soon.

Despite the matte finish, still looking forward to receiving it. None of the regular blu-ray releases for this film look good.
Worried about pulling off the J-card though after seeing the picture from @Kaka1888 . I HATE when that happens. Reminds me of the German 'Cloud Atlas' steelbook, that was really bad.

Can't wait to see the movie again, I saw it last September at TIFF and it won the audience choice prize. When I stood in the rush line for it, I had no idea about it at all. The fun of film festivals, going in blind not knowing what to expect.
Turned out being one of the best from 2014, definitely wish PA had the rights for a PROPER release.
In all fairness, think you'd be better off grabbing the amaray of this if you want to own the film- The artwork might of been better on the steelbook if Studio Canal and their partners took their time on this release, but the quality is that terrible and low res, you'd be better off with the standard release..Cheaper, and at least the print on the artwork isn't a half arsed job like this is. One of the biggest letdowns on a steelbook I've had since ive started collecting...