Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal

Attachments

• laststand-firstposter-full.jpg
    laststand-firstposter-full.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 190
Last edited by a moderator:
I saw it and thought it was great. It's a shame it's absolutely tanking, but I hink it'll make it's budget back with international sales.

Last edited:
Very surprised it's not doing so well at the BO. Will be interesting to see what it makes when it opens up in Europe

As with most of Arnie's films though, this'll find it's market on home video rather than theatrical

As with most of Arnie's films though, this'll find it's market on home video rather than theatrical

I'm sure The Last Stand will do well on BR, but Arnold was the premier box office draw back in the day hence the great disappointment that is The Last Stand.

The Tomb will be his next box office smash, and then King Conan.

I don't know, the action genre seems dead to me. No one wants to see bloody violence anymore. If it doesn't have a superhero or isn't safe for the whole family, no one goes to see it. The people who actually do watch these movies wait for video now, like with Dredd.

Yeah, Dredd was a huge shame as that was a great action movie.

You are right though, movie goers have changed

I don't know, the action genre seems dead to me. No one wants to see bloody violence anymore. If it doesn't have a superhero or isn't safe for the whole family, no one goes to see it. The people who actually do watch these movies wait for video now, like with Dredd.

well the Expendables series makes money like crazy so i don't think that's the case.i just don't think the cast around him was all that great.Every commercial showed him or Johnny Knoxville, and let's face it he doesn't make me wanna go see a movie.

well the Expendables series makes money like crazy so i don't think that's the case.i just don't think the cast around him was all that great.Every commercial showed him or Johnny Knoxville, and let's face it he doesn't make me wanna go see a movie.

Expendables did huge box office because action fans from the 80's & 90's actually went to the theater to see it and they took their boys along with them. Expendables 2 didn't do as well, but people went to it.

In the coming weeks we'll see the current status of the genre. Last Stand was an utter failure. Bullet to the Head is next, and I don't see it fairing much better. There is hope with Die Hard 5, but even if it does well, that doesn't mean anything for original ideas.

And if Knoxville is keeping people from seeing Arnold's return, that's a telling tale about the current status of Arnold & the genre.

Box Office flop or not, I for one cannot wait to see Arnold back on the big screen properly. Even if this is a flop in box office takings, it's not gonna stop Arnie coming back for more on the big screen.

Perhaps his last hurrah will be King Conan and Terminator 5

I feel old now that the new generations don't give a crap about Arnold!

For Arnold's next films to be successful, he should always team up with Stallone and/or get Kate Upton to be the female lead with him.

just gonna give my 2 cents, the movie was pretty good, but it could have been better if it had been more of a serious movie than a comedic one.
i am sorry, but johnny knoxville and louis guzman kinda ruined the experience for me.
again, just my 2 cents lol :D

I think being the governator got to him cause he just looks too damn old now compared to all his buddies from his haydays.

Really? I think he looks very good for his age. Stallone's face is a mess due to all of the work he's had done and Willis just doesn't age full stop :D