Release date: December 9th, 2013
Price: £22.99
Buy link: The Lone Ranger
Notes: Matte finish, inside artwork, 1-disc edition

lone1.jpg

lone2.jpg

lone3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost ordered this based on all the acclaim this film has on here telling film buffs to avoid the critics, but I've got say I agree with the critics after subsequently watching it. I've seen far worse, but it's a very poor film IMO, given the steelbook looks fine. But even with the voucher, it's not £16 fine.

I almost ordered this based on all the acclaim this film has on here telling film buffs to avoid the critics, but I've got say I agree with the critics after subsequently watching it. I've seen far worse, but it's a very poor film IMO, given the steelbook looks fine. But even with the voucher, it's not £16 fine.

It's not great, the editor on this film didn't help anybody. I think there's about an hour's worth of fighting on trains which is brain-numbing, 50% of it could have gone.

Reactions: vurt
I ordered one a few days ago on the low - £17-99 price.

I haven't see it, and know the critics slaughtered it.

That said, my mate's dad described it as 'Absolute rubbish; but enjoyable rubbish'.

Was that as low as it got? I bought at that price too, but still felt it was high.
I thought maybe I missed out on an earlier sale or something.

I ordered one a few days ago on the low - £17-99 price.

I haven't see it, and know the critics slaughtered it.

That said, my mate's dad described it as 'Absolute rubbish; but enjoyable rubbish'.

It's good fun. The train section at the end of the film is great. William Tell Overture blasting away....
Switch your brain off and you'll be entertained!!

Received my copy today. Luckily, I am an opener as someone went crazy with the heatgun when sealing mine. There were three big holes in the front of the wrap leaving about 40% of the front uncovered. LOL

No damage to the steelbook, but man, someone got quite overzealous!

As for the steel itself, I am going to agree with some earlier poster that said the paint job looks amazing. Quite a nice quality steel in hand IMO.

Received this today for the discounted prize, amazingly the steelbook is flawless :)

Really liked the movie, dont know why there was so much criticism about it and the steel itself is lovely. Cant complain about anything this time :scat:

It's good fun. The train section at the end of the film is great. William Tell Overture blasting away....
Switch your brain off and you'll be entertained!!

I have to agree, even if I did also feel that it did go on a bit too long and that they could have cut it down a bit! The music certainly stirred childhood memories of watching endless re-runs of the original TV series! Now to be had on the "bonanzabonanza" channel, by the way (when they are not showing Bonanza, that is!).

I have to agree, even if I did also feel that it did go on a bit too long and that they could have cut it down a bit! The music certainly stirred childhood memories of watching endless re-runs of the original TV series! Now to be had on the "bonanzabonanza" channel, by the way (when they are not showing Bonanza, that is!).

Now there was another stirring theme tune!!
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine arrived the other day. I feared the worst when I saw the state the box was in but thankfully the steelbook survived!

P1050660.jpg

Steelbook aint too bad really, don't like the missing titles but the artwork looks really good and matte finish isn't the worst out there. Still wish Disney would use more gloss though.

Last edited by a moderator: