Release date: December 9th, 2013
Price: £22.99
Buy link: The Lone Ranger
Notes: Matte finish, inside artwork, 1-disc edition

lone1.jpg

lone2.jpg

lone3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Steelbook has quality artwork and high quality production, which lately is not often. :thumbs:
And I loved the movie, not paying attention to his low score the movie critics.

Agree with you buddy. I caved in and bought this last week (never saw the movie) and I really enjoyed it. Johnny Depp makes it. Again!

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Ding Ding, last orders!

Is this down to the last few copies? It never really dropped in price.

Reactions: Georgiy2000
Not forgetting, this is now classified as an ultra limited edition with only 2,500 of the original 4,000 copies ever made available due to production issues.

Less than 60 remaining, I'm sure ninjas can finish this one off for good tonight.

I was happy to oblige :) :

Jumuxi.png

Never seen the film, but I was looking at the trailer a few hours ago (I don't think I had even seen a trailer for this until now) : it seems lush and spectacular with a good cinematography and Ruth Wilson, and I'm all for Pirates Of The Caribbean in the West - now that I'm looking at it, French critics reviewed this film quite positively, especially compared to their US counterparts.

I love the look of this steelbook and I meant to buy it when I felt the price was right : £15.50 sounds about right, given that it was £23 a few days ago, and also if there are only 59 left.

For some reason I never found the FNAC version in store over the past 3 months (I was in the US when it was released on Dec. 11, could only try to find it starting in early January). Well, even though the Zavvi version doesn't have French subs (or even regular English subs, just those for Hard of Hearing) I saved ~€11 in the end (it was €29.99 in FNAC stores, with the 72-page booklet).

I was happy to oblige :) :

Jumuxi.png

Never seen the film, but I was looking at the trailer a few hours ago (I don't think I had even seen a trailer for this until now) : it seems lush and spectacular with a good cinematography and Ruth Wilson, and I'm all for Pirates Of The Caribbean in the West - now that I'm looking at it, French critics reviewed this film quite positively, especially compared to their US counterparts.

I love the look of this steelbook and I meant to buy it when I felt the price was right : £15.50 sounds about right, given that it was £23 a few days ago, and also if there are only 59 left.

For some reason I never found the FNAC version in store over the past 3 months (I was in the US when it was released on Dec. 11, could only try to find it starting in early January). Well, even though the Zavvi version doesn't have French subs (or even regular English subs, just those for Hard of Hearing) I saved ~€11 in the end (it was €29.99 in FNAC stores, with the 72-page booklet).

How did you get the additional money off?

I wonder how many of us are now refreshing this thread to try and get one of the last copies at 10% off. LOL, I know I am!

mostly americans, because it's 3:29 in the UK and 4:29 a.m. in europe.

i ordered a copy earlier this night @zavvi.es with 10% code, first time ever i got an e-mail from zavvi telling me there are payment problems. dunno why

and if somebody asks, why is this guy awake all night; i am working as sound engineer at quite a boring party, so constantly refreshing HDN to prevent myself from falling asleep.

Last edited:
I ordered this one! I haven't seen the movie, so this is one of, if not THE only SB that I've bought for the movie alone. What a bonus..."Hey, there's a movie in this case! A movie that I didn't have before....weird." :D

"62 copies" available on wednesday, then a flash sale, discount code and price drop, but still not sold out days later. zavvi please don't fool around with us. :giggle: