The Martian (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #28) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: March 29, 2016 (FAC) - April 1, 2016 (Unnumbered)
Purchase link: FAC - Unnumbered
Price: 899 CZK
Notes: Numbered FAC edition limited to 1000 copies - Unnumbered edition limited to 396 copies
Group buy: FAC (CLOSED - FULL), Unnumbered (CLOSED - FULL)

PLEASE USE THIS TIMEZONE CONVERTER.

M1.jpg12735875_1284658674884017_238350934_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for the next FAC to arrive so I can get this one on combined shipping TT

Love the movie and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love this release even more.

Can't wait for the next FAC to arrive so I can get this one on combined shipping TT

Love the movie and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love this release even more.
It's a nice package for sure. The best parts of the numbered edition is clearly the fullslip, which has great embossed Matt Damon with shiny helmet, something you'll sure love when you have it in your hands. Fantastic work with the fullslip once again. The overall content is nice as usual, booklets and all, but the lenticular magnet is something I don't like.

Last edited:
Got my numbered slip in the states today. Beautiful package as always, but i went to watch it and strangely the regular blu ray is region b locked but the 3d disc is region free. I was able to turn the 3d off and watch the 3d disc normally. Just seems strange because every other fac i own is region free.

• Informative
Reactions: Actarus and harry
It has been seen before, but here are my little Gems :drool: ...In Hands they are spectacular, the pictures of sealed copies do not do the editions justice. This is one to appreciate in hands, like LOOPER.... or From Karel's AMAZING PICTURES of the opened copy.

The Martian Numbered and UnNumbered.jpg

The Martian Numbered and UnNumbered 2.jpg
The Martian Numbered and UnNumbered 3.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, no problem. The 3D disc is A/B/C

Thanks for the info, this is what I figured. When I will have more time I will open them but will wait so I can appreciate the process fully.

No Biggy for me for the Blu-ray being Region B Locked as I had already pre-ordered the north American release, the 3D Amaray with Slipcover. Not that it matters, watched it in 3D and would not watch it any other way :rofl:

Reactions: Hamill82
Are those bonus features on the regular disc??? Is every regular disc b locked or is it just random...?? I thought they were all region free:bored: I still haven't got mine. It's been two weeks and I'm anxious tk check mine...

Are those bonus features on the regular disc??? Is every regular disc b locked or is it just random...?? I thought they were all region free:bored: I still haven't got mine. It's been two weeks and I'm anxious tk check mine...

Yes the Blu-ray is Region B Locked for Everyone. Usually it is not the case, but for this time they actually are region coded for Czech Republic. The 3D Blu-ray is Region Free(A,B,C). Also for the Bonus features are usually on the Regular Blu-ray, but not 100% certain.
It is not unusual when we buy internationally to have disks that are Region coded, usually they are mostly Region Free. But this have happened to me several times. What I usually do as others do as well, we buy a regular Blu-ray edition and swap the Disks. So for The Martian I had already upon its north american release bought it to get the 3D and 2D Region A Disks(bought it honestly as I could not wait to watch it).

This is my point of view, but when I collect fullslip packages, I don't mind if ever a disk is locked as it is an easy fix to get the ''special Collectible Fullslip Package''. Ideally it would be all region Free, but nothing is ever perfect and I am sure there is a reason as to why FA has its blu-ray Disk Region coded B.

Yes the Blu-ray is Region B Locked for Everyone. Usually it is not the case, but for this time they actually are region coded for Czech Republic. The 3D Blu-ray is Region Free(A,B,C). Also for the Bonus features are usually on the Regular Blu-ray, but not 100% certain.
It is not unusual when we buy internationally to have disks that are Region coded, usually they are mostly Region Free. But this have happened to me several times. What I usually do as others do as well, we buy a regular Blu-ray edition and swap the Disks. So for The Martian I had already upon its north american release bought it to get the 3D and 2D Region A Disks(bought it honestly as I could not wait to watch it).

This is my point of view, but when I collect fullslip packages, I don't mind if ever a disk is locked as it is an easy fix to get the ''special Collectible Fullslip Package''. Ideally it would be all region Free, but nothing is ever perfect and I am sure there is a reason as to why FA has its blu-ray Disk Region coded B.

I also swap the discs, but for the me the reason is the subtitles. Filmarena releases hardly ever include subtitles for my country. Ofcourse english subtitles is not a problem for me, but wife has lousy language skills and we almost always watch movies together.