Release date: May 23, 2016
Purchase link: The Mist
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11243880-8494363308095367.jpg

11243880-1234363308586173.jpg

11243880-1754363308401841.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't tag you @Flloydo because I didn't know if you were still waiting for the price drop!!

I think it's very clear a price drop won't happen lol

Yeah still after this and Amelie and didn't even know both came in stock this morning

I'll get them next time gadget!

I think it's very clear a price drop won't happen lol

Yeah still after this and Amelie and didn't even know both came in stock this morning

I'll get them next time gadget!

So, have you conceded!!? For the very few occasions that you are willing to pay full bucks for once from Zavvi? :rofl: I mean you gotta get owned by Zavvi one day. :joy: Makes a little more fun.

Only if it's the same art but with actual spot glossing this time

Slap a lenti on it and reprint it

God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Guys, some of us don't like this pop art crap and would like a completely different style if they were to do another one. Even if you do like this style, why would you want the same thing again - everyone is bitching in the Rocketeer thread about them doing that - but for The Mist it's ok for them to do it?! WTF?!

• Thanks
Reactions: Starling
God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Guys, some of us don't like this pop art crap and would like a completely different style if they were to do another one. Even if you do like this style, why would you want the same thing again - everyone is bitching in the Rocketeer thread about them doing that - but for The Mist it's ok for them to do it?! WTF?!
i was joking lol

Reactions: Flloydo
So, have you conceded!!? For the very few occasions that you are willing to pay full bucks for once from Zavvi? :rofl: I mean you gotta get owned by Zavvi one day. :joy: Makes a little more fun.

I do pay full bucks on a lot of things from them. Recently the space jam steel, luke cage mondo vinyl, ant man and age of ultron lentis.
I even shamefully have the awful new Ghostbuster steel on its way to me but purley on that art. The only reason I've bought it

But with most catalogue titles i do wait for price drops. Nothing wrong with that. 90% of the time that works and I end up getting ridiculous deals on most my collection

I didn't have my crystal ball at the time and didn't realise even when most complain about pop art that the mist and Amelie were going to be so popular

And I was owned by zavvi for my first year or 2 of collecting and I decided to turn the tables and own them lol

When's there's no decent art for a film and I think the creative "pop" art is much better (like new ghostbusters for example) then I'll take that any day. I thought the art was beautiful for the mist but they lied to us on the finish telling us it would be spot glossed.

So I want a copy with the correct finish, just like I want a maleificent with the White art that I thought I was getting until it landed on my door step. It's not that I want re releases but if I was promised a certain finish or art on a steel and then when it arrives it's completely different and/or worse then I still want what was origianlly promised

I believe Levi was taking the p*ss because of the lenti re releases but I've come to learn that nothing is collectable or rare on steels and accepted that when lion king and toy store was first announced.
A year ago it might of annoyed me more but I've accepted it now especially with eveyone banging out marvels

so who really gives a **** if they re release titles. Studios and retailers clearly don't give a sh*t and I've excepted this which is my my reactions in the new Disney lenti threads is that of laughing and actually saying if they have done better with the art or not. Pointless maybe but not for those who missed out.
I'll be picking up monsters inc because I think with the new back art smashes the original release now

And possibly nemo for the 3D and new art. But I may not because I don't agree with downgrading from the original with gloss to that with matte

Monsters inc is a different situation because the original is matte and the new will be matte. Plus I love the front art - but I agree it's weird it's the same art but hey ho

The rocketeer is pointless (just like this would be if re released with same art) but if they did decide to re release it with the same art and the spot glossing we was promised it wouldn't stop me from ordering because I originally missed out

One thing I've always said about re releases is its good for the ones who missed out

It's also a reason why I don't spend stupid money on the bay on certain releases because it will get re released or WEA along the line.
I kinda half agree and don't agree with what @sunnyx mentioned in the rocketeer thread yesterday.
If people want the new version at that price then shout from the hill
Tops if your happy, it's not their fault others paid silly money for a rare or sold out steel. If they want it that much and paid silly prices then that's their fault. Plus some people have more money than sense and that's incredibly noticeable on eBay plus humans are impatient. Wait a little and you may be surprised

It's also a reason why I don't spend stupid money on the bay on certain releases because it will get re released or WEA along the line.
I kinda half agree and don't agree with what @sunnyx mentioned in the rocketeer thread yesterday.
If people want the new version at that price then shout from the hill
Tops if your happy, it's not their fault others paid silly money for a rare or sold out steel. If they want it that much and paid silly prices then that's their fault. Plus some people have more money than sense and that's incredibly noticeable on eBay plus humans are impatient. Wait a little and you may be surprised

I agree and don't agree as well with half of what you said lol. I think that is why we go back and forth with our discussions.

Let's be honest here with the Disney releases. We all know re-releases are inevitable, it will come at some point. But the fact is no one really expected Disney to re-release all their movies again when they haven't finished the rest of the Disney line up which cheesed off most collectors that supported the original. Why they done this has been discussed in loads of other threads which is all due to financial profit for the company, nothing more.

When someone pays a premium for sold out steel, I wouldn't necessary say they have more money than sense. If you were late in the game then that is the only option is to pay the premium unless someone is kind enough to give it at cost price. But I would say it is the buyer's fault to pay the premium knowing or anticipating that a re-release is coming out very soon. For example if someone is going to pay a premium for say Aladdin although there is no official release date yet, then a few weeks later or months Disney release this again, then I will quite rightly say you got owned and it is your fault!

With the Rocketeer, honestly this release took me by complete surprise so I wouldn't say they have more money than sense or should know better for this steel. Now anyone wanting Disney steels you have all been warned re-releases are just around the corner so if you paid silly money then I agree with Flloydo on this one, it is your own fault.

Humans are impatient, especially if you have the weapon (money) at your disposal. But if you are skint and short of cash then you will have no option to wait for a re-release unless you wanna sell a kidney :rofl:.

To summarise, if they are going to re-release the Rocketeer, they are pretty much going to release the whole Disney wave (except a few).

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I agree and don't agree as well with half of what you said lol. I think that is why we go back and forth with our discussions.

Let's be honest here with the Disney releases. We all know re-releases are inevitable, it will come at some point. But the fact is no one really expected Disney to re-release all their movies again when they haven't finished the rest of the Disney line up which cheesed off most collectors that supported the original. Why they done this has been discussed in loads of other threads which is all due to financial profit for the company, nothing more.

When someone pays a premium for sold out steel, I wouldn't necessary say they have more money than sense. If you were late in the game then that is the only option is to pay the premium unless someone is kind enough to give it at cost price. But I would say it is the buyer's fault to pay the premium knowing or anticipating that a re-release is coming out very soon. For example if someone is going to pay a premium for say Aladdin although there is no official release date yet, then a few weeks later or months Disney release this again, then I will quite rightly say you got owned and it is your fault!

With the Rocketeer, honestly this release took me by complete surprise so I wouldn't say they have more money than sense or should know better for this steel. Now anyone wanting Disney steels you have all been warned re-releases are just around the corner so if you paid silly money then I agree with Flloydo on this one, it is your own fault.

Humans are impatient, especially if you have the weapon (money) at your disposal. But if you are skint and short of cash then you will have no option to wait for a re-release unless you wanna sell a kidney :rofl:.

To summarise, if they are going to re-release the Rocketeer, they are pretty much going to release the whole Disney wave (except a few).

With the agree and don't agree I mentioned I mean I agree it's harsh on the person but also if your happy you paid for the item cheaper then don't hide that.

Yeah I agree, I was expecting the Disney re releases in maybe another year after they finsh the current line. And all at once which some of us should of seen coming because they did the exact same last year with marvel. They should space and stagger them about but they won't because of Christmas

No I mean when when they can still get the steel from the retailer for less than half the price. I see it all the time. It's really odd but then I see sellers lying about some items being OPP or OOS which really grinds on me.
And my point was patience. It pretty much always works for me, if a seller is has a £14.99 steel for £50 then wait it out. Or shop around.
I use eBay mainly as a bargain site and I only really bid to get a bargain, so I see a steel still avalibale at zavvi for £9.99, on the bay it's open so I think £5/£6 for a open steel that's mint is about right but then bidders come in and bid more than it is sealed at retail aswel as shipping and it drives me crazy (zavvi was an example aswel as price) but that's what I mean

Also I know peeps in other countires will bid and possibly pay more because they can't order direct to our Hmv or zoom for example but some of these listing only ship to uk so it's actualy uk residents paying far more than it's worth on the listing.

But yeah also when a steel sells out at pre order and people pay silly money on the bay for say IT when we all know cancellations will go up and payment problems and you might have another chance to get it at cost. That to me is impatience and more money than sense. Sorry but that's how I've always seen it.

Yeah like we said yeatersay the rocketeer re release has taken me by surprise but it's not bad for anyone who missed out considering its the same price as before and you will get a crappy lenti lol

Reactions: sunnyx
Agree or not, I want the re-release because I didn't get it the first time around. Simple as that.

This art looks way better than the German art too. Hopefully Zavvi is reading this.

Agree or not, I want the re-release because I didn't get it the first time around. Simple as that.

This art looks way better than the German art too. Hopefully Zavvi is reading this.

Zavvi's Head of Evil Schemes must be cackling madly to himself if he is reading this.

Sorry if I sound unsympathetic, but...
a) it's not like this went out of stock within a few days so you had plenty of opportunity to buy it. Why should people who chose not to buy because they didn't like it miss out on an alternative design just because you didn't take your chance?
b) Also there are some people that like to buy multiple versions of steelbook art who would also like to see a different version entirely.
c) People that did buy it would presumably like to preserve the rarity of their item. Flooding the market with another 2-3 thousand copies is not going to please them.
d) We should be strongly opposed to re-releases in general, it's very bad for the hobby and promotes even more laziness in the supplier.

I agree that the German "bloodied hand" art was crap, but the original poster art for The Mist was one of the best I've ever seen and I went and saw the film the very same day on the strength of that poster. A version of that (with English text) all glossed up would make my year :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: Starling