Release date: May 23, 2016
Purchase link: The Mist
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11243880-8494363308095367.jpg

11243880-1234363308586173.jpg

11243880-1754363308401841.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks exactly like a supermarket sign, I've seen many supermarkets and department stores with similar sign designs throughout my life. And it clearly is supposed to look like that. And it's very cool done that way. Your intense dislike for it and reasons for disliking it are rather bizarre (how is it "pretentious"?), and I think you are probably in the microscopic minority in this.

Jeez, alright so it looks like a supermarket sign :rolleyes:. At least I've given reasons why I dislike it. Just saying "it's very cool" doesn't explain anything. I mean why would a supermarket have the name of the film in which it appears?! It just doesn't make any sense!!! You people are fricking crazy.... :ohno:!!!

I can imagine them patting themselves on the back for incorporating the title into the actual artwork itself, that's why I think it's pretentious. Clearly they think it's extremely clever because they do exactly the same thing every. single. time :rolleyes:. I'm sorry for having a different opinion to you but personally I think it looks bloody stupid and I'd rather it just said the name of the supermarket in the film with a separate title elsewhere. However I'm clearly the only person on the planet that thinks that way I guess I'll just shut up. Did I mention that I'm not buying this...

Jeez, alright so it looks like a supermarket sign :rolleyes:. At least I've given reasons why I dislike it. Just saying "it's very cool" doesn't explain anything. I mean why would a supermarket have the name of the film in which it appears?! It just doesn't make any sense!!! You people are fricking crazy.... :ohno:!!!

I can imagine them patting themselves on the back for incorporating the title into the actual artwork itself, that's why I think it's pretentious. Clearly they think it's extremely clever because they do exactly the same thing every. single. time :rolleyes:. I'm sorry for having a different opinion to you but personally I think it looks bloody stupid and I'd rather it just said the name of the supermarket in the film with a separate title elsewhere. However I'm clearly the only person on the planet that thinks that way I guess I'll just shut up. Did I mention that I'm not buying this...

It's there so that it dont ruin the art so you don't have a title randomly slapped on it. It's part of the art. I can't work out what you don't get (you said it don't make sense)

It's creative

It's no different to other certain films incorporating the title into the poster art to fit the image or theme they have gone for

Absolutely! I wish all matt steels were like that, I think they should just have a standard matt finish, so when our pre order states 'matt' we know, it might not be gloss but it's still gonna look awesome:) you just never know what you're gonna get when it arrives. Thinking about all the matt Arrow steelbook's I've bought, they were all solid matt perfection, they never look cheap. So fingers crossed, the mist comes out well.. the tones have got to pop for this type of artwork, the blacks (on the car and creature in the foreground) have to be solid to allow the art to be what it's meant to. I say, do it like the arrow releases and they'll be awesome:)

They used to sometimes specify full gloss or matte etc but thy don't seem to anymore (or do with the odd title)

Reactions: chunk
It's there so that it dont ruin the art so you don't have a title randomly slapped on it. It's part of the art. I can't work out what you don't get (you said it don't make sense)

It's creative

It's no different to other certain films incorporating the title into the poster art to fit the image or theme they have gone for

Exactly that^

Makes me think of the begining of panic room, where they put the titles and actors names at angles to make it look like they're building signs.. I remember liking that little extra when I first saw it, being creative there, just like with this steelbook. Also, misery put the title on the type writer keys.. just a little thing that can make things a bit more interesting to look at:happy:

Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
I like a good matt finish if it's done exactly like 'big trouble' :Dnice solid colours,with no disappearing images when tilted:cigar: I just tried a few discount codes, but none are working on this.. I put an order in but might have to wait for a discount nearer release date. I bought this on dvd, watched it.. later they released the BD with the black and white version that I still haven't got around to watching, so I should skip this but I really love the artwork, the style, the tittle and placement, colours, I also like the cars beaming lights.. I hope the steelbook does the art justice. I would prefer £12.99 when double dipping though.. this is a tough one.. Guess it will come down to :greedy: flow in may:D
Good example! I'd completely forgotten about the Big Trouble steelbook... we can only hope that the matte finish is similar to that. If they were £13 (which is still pushing it slightly IMO), then along with the discount code that was active at the time, I probably would've stuck in an order... but £15 for a catalogue title is asking too much. These will definitely drop in price if enough people are patient and vote with their wallets. I don't own this film in any format, so I definitely hope to pick this up at some point. :)

For everyone asking about Lost In Translation and Eternal Sunshine, we couldn't get the artwork approved. We mocked these up in the same style artwork which looked amazing, sadly the production company would not approve it....we tried several times we different concepts, including a straight theatrical adapt and they wouldn't let us produce it. We are gutted! :(

Thank you for addressing my question regarding the possibility of Lost in Translation and Eternal Sunshine steelbook releases. I'm gutted that your efforts were rebuffed. Are the people making the decision firmly against the idea or were they just looking for something specific?

Can we, as a community, do anything to help you get these made? I'm happy to assist in anyway I can!

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
Whilst I agree that the title treatment on the front is pretty cool I'd go along with ChrisIW and suggest that it would have looked equally fine if TOM'S MARKET was on the supermarket frontage and the title was just on the spine with no title on the front - the same style of title on the front and on the spine is quite unusual on a steelbook . . .
Given the choice, however, I gather people prefer a title on the front (as well as on the spine, of course) and as there's nowhere else/no dead space with this artwork on the front to put the title I feel it's clever what they did and a good example of "thinking outside the box".
After all, most of the background in the top half is taken up by the Behemoth aka "The Impossibly Tall creature" (in the book with an estimated height of 240 ft.) and the bottom half is busy enough already so where they put the title was clearly in the right place . . . IMO.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The colour of this steelbook, which looks very nice in aqua, must be a very rare colour for a U.K. steelbook as it will be my very first in that colour . . . if I buy it.
In fact the only other Blu-ray metal case I own in a similar colour is the futurepak for "500 Days of Summer"

Last edited:
The colour of this steelbook, which looks very nice in aqua, must be a very rare colour for a U.K. steelbook as it will be my very first in that colour . . . if I buy it.
In fact the only other Blu-ray metal case I own in a similar colour is the futurepak for "500 Days of Summer"

Arrow's 'Time Bandits' is a similar colour, and was actually the steelbook I thought of when I first saw this mock-up. I do like the colour.

Reactions: chunk and Flloydo
Arrow's 'Time Bandits' is a similar colour, and was actually the steelbook I thought of when I first saw this mock-up. I do like the colour.

Yes, I did look at TIME BANDITS first of all and looking at it again I think your choice might be a better one than 500 DAYS as it's certainly more dull green-blue/aqua than the lovely vibrant pale blue of the futurepak.
I also considered the second SCOTT PILGRIM release but discounted as being maybe slightly too dark.
Closest I can find to THE MIST (I think) after having another look is DAY OF THE DEAD - the lower two-thirds.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bit concerned about THE MIST, reportedly being a matte steelbook, in that it will look as dull as TB instead of vibrant like 500 DAYS.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C'mon ladies and gents have a quick rummage through your U.K. steelbooks when you have a moment and let me know of any examples I may have missed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course, comparing in-hand steels with mock-up pics is not really fair and an accurate judgement concerning the shade of blue, or green, used on this will need to wait until some kind soul posts "live" pix on this thread :)

Last edited:
Good example! I'd completely forgotten about the Big Trouble steelbook... we can only hope that the matte finish is similar to that. If they were £13 (which is still pushing it slightly IMO), then along with the discount code that was active at the time, I probably would've stuck in an order... but £15 for a catalogue title is asking too much. These will definitely drop in price if enough people are patient and vote with their wallets. I don't own this film in any format, so I definitely hope to pick this up at some point. :)

Since the day I saw the artwork I've been going back and forth about whether to pre order or not.. today I pre ordered, but it's likely that I'll wait for a price drop too. I've bought a lot of zavvi titles over the last few months at their sale prices.. I like those prices:naughty:
On one hand I want to support uk steelbook retailers with pre orders but on the other hand catalogue titles should be much cheaper than £15, and honestly, some of the cheap steelbook's I've picked up are only worth what I paid £6-7.99, and a few have been worth a little more than what I've paid:joy:
It might be wise for me to wait and see in hand pic's for this.. I do have a good feeling for this one though.. hope it's right:happy:

Reactions: Flloydo
Damn right! I love that steelbook. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's my favorite matte steelbook. The entire package with the star-map on the inside -- it's the perfect example of how great a matte steelbook can be.

Like most arrow to be fair.
TB and Big troubles are my fav arrow steels that I own (don't own all of arrows current releases)

One of my favourites is touch of evil (masters of cinema) too good

Sorry, but regarding outside art, I can't possibly agree with anybody that considers TIME BANDITS one of the U.K.'s better matte steelbooks - it's one of the least satisfactory IMO and one of my least favourite of all.
I could list many "better" examples of U.K. matte steelbooks but of course I won't as it's not relevant to this thread - unless they are of an aqua colour (which of course they are not).

Regarding this one having a matte varnish finish (along with the other three) it appears to fit the description on Scanavo's own website of the type of artwork that would suit this finish :-
"The matte finish mutes colours to produce a soft look that works well to enhance dramatic appeal - PARTICULARLY EFFECTIVE WITH SMOKY BACKGROUNDS OR ARTWORK THAT EVOKES AN AIR OF MYSTERY! . . . "

Last edited:
I said it was one of arrows better releases not my favourite matte steelbook and it was being compared to the colour of this Steelbook which as you mention there are not many to compare to with this colour.

Unfortunately it is too late to change the artwork. We will do what is best for the title. The Walking Deads are being done by Jock, and new releases will be considered on a title by title basis. We will have a new release next week which I will share, it isn't in the same style. We felt these titles looked good in this format, personal opinion though!
i would love to know what the new release is :angel:
Triple 9 maybe :naughty: