Release date: May 23, 2016
Purchase link: The Mist
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11243880-8494363308095367.jpg

11243880-1234363308586173.jpg

11243880-1754363308401841.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Artwork looks just fine to me with that pale colouring throughout, partly shrouded in that creeping creepy mist.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"NEW STORE HOURS 7AM - 8PM" - not today I'm afraid to say !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE READ NO FURTHER IF NOT SEEN THE FILM
Decent enough film with a thoroughly downbeat, shocking and controversial ending giving me a similar vibe to the admittedly less shocking but still downbeat ending of "The Night of the Living Dead" (1968). The ending of this film made more powerful by the music playing over the unfolding events ("The Host of Seraphim" by The Dead Can Dance) as against the absence of music and the general background chatter on the soundtrack during the last few minutes of "T N o t L D" - something I found incredibly chilling in its casual ordinariness and matter of factness.
It has been said about the closing music for this film "Mute the haunting soundtrack and lose a lot of the emotional punch" or words to that effect.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For sure, a TOTALLY DIFFERENT ENDING to that in the Stephen King 1984 novel where the passengers hear faint voices on the car radio meaning there are other survivors out there - basically an open-ended and hopeful finish unlike that of the film.
It should be mentioned though that the King hisself liked Frank Darabont's ending and said at the time "Frank wrote a new ending that I loved. It is the most shocking ending ever and there should be a law passed stating that anybody who reveals the last 5 minutes of this film should be hanged from the neck until dead".
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INTERESTING pointing down lettering of the title on the spine unlike the usual facing to the left lettering - unique on a U.K. steelbook ?
No idea, until I check later . . .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is apparently one (of four) of a new range of steelbooks with "COLLECTOR'S EDITION BLU-RAY MOVIE ART" printed on the back of the j-card.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
So the link in the price drop thread didn't work for me. Maybe wrong link.
Can someone post the correct one here please.

LINK + ZAVWEL54 for 10% off - just used it and working fine

If it doesn't work first time - leave the item in your basket and shut the zavvi page down, click on the link and go back to your basket, the code should now work.

• Informative
Reactions: tridon
Thanks for the reply, but no luck for me. Tried several times.

LINK + ZAVWEL54 for 10% off - just used it and working fine

If it doesn't work first time - leave the item in your basket and shut the zavvi page down, click on the link and go back to your basket, the code should now work.

Reactions: MerlinT
Byzantium did, but then it was written the same way on the front too.

Oldboy too
Well spotted, guys, and I've just had a glance at my shelves too and only spotted one other with downward facing lettering - DEAD MAN.

Another thing I spotted was "wrong way round" lettering where the title on the spine starts from the bottom and faces to the right (instead of from the top facing to the left like all of the others) - only spotted four of those - THEATRE OF BLOOD, THE THING, INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS and ROBOCOP(1987 Re-mastered Director's Cut) - and am reminded of those Studio Canal digibooks which have the titles facing the same way on the spines.

Last edited:
I really want to pre-order this (along with Amelie) to show my support for the effort that's been put into the artwork for once, but the £15 price tag is a joke. (n)
Well spotted, guys, and I've just had a glance at my shelves too and only spotted one other with downward facing lettering - DEAD MAN.

Another thing I spotted was "wrong way round" lettering where the title on the spine starts from the bottom and faces to the right (instead of from the top facing to the left like all of the others) - only spotted four of those - THEATRE OF BLOOD, THE THING, INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS and ROBOCOP(1987 Re-mastered Director's Cut).
Are they all French steels by any chance?

Reactions: Flloydo
Non, monsieur, tous sont steelbooks Royaume-Uni.

Totally empathise with you regarding the pre-order prices of these catalogue titles and I'd much rather they started cheaper at pre-order (under 11 quid before discount, say) and then the prices could be increased after going live - this would give the collector a fair chance to pick up the desired item at a sensible price and at the same time not feel guilty about over-paying.
Apart from showing respect to existing customers it will encourage newbies to pre-order and keep the hobby going longer than it might do otherwise.
The current highish pre-order prices for catalogue steels followed by massive reductions on most sometimes only weeks after release (or a few days later as in the infamous Disney BOGOF last year) is a BIG DOWNER and is something that has REALLY ANNOYED some people and caused a lot of bad blood vis-a-vis the retailer.

Last edited:
I love The Mist... I own it twice on Blu-ray already... and I may have to get it for a third time because this artwork is amazing! I don't usually care for a lot of the Pop Art, but this artwork suits the film perfectly. It's atmospheric and creepy... and the massive creature in the background looks great! Not sure why people are hating on this one so bad because I think it's great. Don't forget that in the film, Thomas Jane's character was an artist, so art like this is fitting in my opinion. The only thing I don't care for is the spine, but whatever.

• Informative
Reactions: Flloydo
I love The Mist... I own it twice on Blu-ray already... and I may have to get it for a third time because this artwork is amazing! I don't usually care for a lot of the Pop Art, but this artwork suits the film perfectly. It's atmospheric and creepy... and the massive creature in the background looks great! Not sure why people are hating on this one so bad because I think it's great. Don't forget that in the film, Thomas Jane's character was an artist, so art like this is fitting in my opinion. The only thing I don't care for is the spine, but whatever.
NOT a Project Pop Art steelbook and I quote from the back of the j-card/slip:-
"COLLECTOR'S EDITION BLU-RAY MOVIE ART"
Same print on the back of the BRONSON, AMELIE and GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE slips.

Last edited: