The Princess And The Frog (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Collection #??) [UK]

Ultron96

Premium Supporter
Sep 2, 2014
Kent, UK
Release date: 12th October, 2015
Purchase Link: Zavvi (Live)
Price: £19.99

11146506-1484309134167748.jpg

11146506-3064309134173862.jpg

Last edited:
^ they always screw us on the discs. (& now the rewards)
Inside getting a bonus disc is rare!

Probably not if other recent titles in steelbook are anything to go by. When I enquired about this, I was advised that steelbook editions are no longer qualifying titles, even though the cheaper Amaray ones are! Go figure!!!
How that is stupid! So we buy premium edition of a blu ray worth £10 more and get nothing back. That's annoying

Mine arrived today and truth to tell it's just a bit disappointing.
A shade or two too dark and falls short of being magical.
The coral colouring of the spine matching the water lilies IS a nice touch though.
8/10

Ordered with Brother bear Steelbook
I just ordered my copy of princess frog and it cost me nothing
:rofl::LOL:
Disney promotion buy one get one free

I feel for those who pre ordered and already paid its sometimes best to wait for special offers like this
Wow! Realy surprised they've included the steelbook editions in this promotion! Too late for me, as I had already pre-ordered these two titles, but at least I got 10% off, so better than nothing.

Reactions: paulboland
To those asking about whether it is region locked, can you suggest a way that we can check for you? Living within region B, everything I own that plays Blu-rays is region B. I presume you are hoping for someone who has a different regional player and has got a hold of this and can test it for you?

Fantastic Photos

View attachment 192559
Its embossed not debossed
The border is a circle and within the circle it has areas that are embossed

Embossing is a raised design
Debossing is the opposite of embossing.
Debossing, the imprinted design causes depressions in the material leaving a depressed (debossed) imprint

How you can tell more easily is the inside of a steelbook
If Embossed on the outside becomes debossed on the inside
If Debossed on the outside becomes embossed on the inside
Paul, it's debossed. The debossing is done in a way as to make Tiana and the title appear embossed, where as they are actually level with the rest of the cover. You'll see when your copy arrives.

Reactions: paulboland
Glad I cancelled both this and Cinderella just before release... I was waiting for a price drop, but getting one FREE? Even better! :D

Reactions: Norwichlad
Ordered this today with Sword and the Stone.
You would be be pig sick , if you had pre ordered this, and its on offer just after pre orders are despatched.

Learned a long time, never pre order from Zavvi... unless its a Marvel or Pixar release!

Reactions: Norwichlad
Well done those lucky customers that got this on a 'Buy One Get One Free' promotion . . . and that's how it crumbles cookie-wise.

Ordered this today with Sword and the Stone.
You would be be pig sick , if you had pre ordered this, and its on offer just after pre orders are despatched.

Learned a long time, never pre order from Zavvi... unless its a Marvel or Pixar release!
I wouldn't say pig sick. As virkia said:
Well done those lucky customers that got this on a 'Buy One Get One Free' promotion . . . and that's how it crumbles cookie-wise.
My philosophy is if you really want something and be sure of getting it, then you're prepared to pay the price for doing so in the knowledge that it might be available at a lower price at some point in the future.

If it's something that you're not quite so worried about then you are prepared to take that chance in the knowledge that if the price doesn't drop or it sells out then you are not going to be too bothered about it.

If you manage to take advantage of a good deal on something you really want, then I just see that as a welcome bonus.

I recently picked up both AVPs for £9.49 each as I wasn't bothered about them enough to pay full price when they were released. Neither would I have been too bothered had I never been able to get hold of then, but happy I picked them up cheap.

Reactions: rj531
Dispatched yesterday arrived today .
On unwrapping and first look the steel is oddly dark its hard to make what the shapes in the dark are and seems to spoil the embossing a bit hides it.
As virkia said seems a few shades too dark
if you put it out on show people will be putting there noses up against it to try and check it out
Got to be honest thou i am starting to think its actually not too dark.
different and actually liking it more and more after a few hours with it !!

Can anyone confirm if this disc is in fact Region B locked as it expressly states? Thanks!

Unfortunately I can't confirm the region by testing the disc as my player is a basic region B player.

What I can state is that all 3 of my copies of this film just have a "B" for the region on the back (the steelbook 2015 and the 3-disc Superset & the Combi Pack both from 2010).

The limited testing done on this product on another site reveals that it is "Region B locked" - when tested on the single disc release - but there is no further information on any other release regarding region coding unfortunately and the other editions come up with "Untested".

If you so wish I can post pics tomorrow of the slip backs of my editions if that's of any use ?

Unfortunately I can't confirm the region by testing the disc as my player is a basic region B player.

What I can state is that all 3 of my copies of this film just have a "B" for the region on the back (the steelbook 2015 and the 3-disc Superset & the Combi Pack both from 2010).

The limited testing done on this product on another site reveals that it is "Region B locked" - when tested on the single disc release - but there is no further information on any other release regarding region coding unfortunately and the other editions come up with "Untested".

If you so wish I can post pics tomorrow of the slip backs of my editions if that's of any use ?

Hey, mate! Thanks for the thorough answer. I guess I can deduce that this particular disc included inside the Steelbook - albeit with new disc art - is most likely coded Region B as well. The whole reason I ask is so I know that I will have to keep my Region A disc now. Thanks again!

With discount code and multibuy offer I ordered The Princess And The Frog, Brother Bear, Into The Woods and Cinderella around 12 euros each. :thumbs:.