• Poll closed .

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 16, 2016
Purchase links: Lenti - Full Slip - Leather Slip - One Click - (Pre-order on August 5, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip - Lenti) - $46.99 (Leather Slip) - $129.97 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv (July 24 at 4 PM & ends on July 28 4 PM - CST) - Details HERE

Note: WEA. SteelBook will be glossy with a debossed title. Full Slip will feature effects like hot stamping and embossing.

13879262_1115215458588561_4060771494795804621_n.jpg 13872888_1115215461921894_6206329115611281653_n.jpg 13782142_1115215498588557_6209990557357345205_n.jpg 13882424_1115215465255227_2372774172179960357_n.jpg

Group Buy Live Time - Manta Lab Pre-order Time

13814405_10154418118606789_1958081194_n.png.jpeg 13710020_1110687725708001_4535818257980011083_n.png

Print Run (Total 4000, Both Domestic and International):
- Leather Slips, 1000 Copies
- Full Slips, 500 Copies
- Lenticular Slips, 400 Copies
- One Click Numbered 1 to 700 (Limited to 1 Copy)
Goodies: Booklet, Postcards (5ea), Character Cards (5ea), Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker (Faux Leather with Pyrography), Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker (Loose)
Actual pics of the leather slip can be seen HERE
13007384_1059772064132901_9094109559658413561_n.jpg
View attachment 249933
13580434_1102769339833173_4715554341086492000_o.jpg
Revenant_LS_Lenti_1024x1024.gif

Last edited:
Isn't that what most of us just did to get into the GB?
I really don't see the difference between a GB and a webstore preorder..

Site was slowing down, many missed out, GB opened too early, lots of negative comments. What's exactly the service we pay for? ;)
There have been maybe 3 GBs on this site that have had a land rush like this one. Otherwise, 98% of GBs are open for weeks.

Decided to refresh early. The site was really bogged down and then I see a thread with 15 posts and 14 replies. It was hard to get that page to load. When the "quick reply" box finally shows up, I paste and hit "post reply." I thought everything was OK but either I missed the button or the site did not take it. So after hitting it again I was in the 40s for a leather slip. Wish me luck!

I'll wait for the GB OP to update to see if I made it. If Aniv cancels the "ninjas" to took both a one click and leather, I should be OK. Let them keep their one-clicks of course. These ninjas can thank me later.
Good Luck ;)

Reactions: WKRP
What doesn't seem fair is one click buyers being able to get a additional leather version, It'd be ok if there were 100 copies but 30? Let's not be greedy and give others a chance, Anyways congrats to those who got one,

After all that I'm second on the waiting list. I'd have one if the Post Reply button worked the first time. : /

I think Aniv will find a way to help out a few more ninjas. He has connections @ manta.

Last edited:
GB should not have been open early, however from experience I checked a few minutes early. Maybe others that this effected will learn from this :naughty: even if it does not happen again in the future :thumbs:

Agreed that people who went for the 1-click should not have been allowed to secure another leather slip. This was not the point of allowing the slip to be sold separately! @Aniv honestly I would remove those that have a 1-click and additional slip from leather list and offer it to those that were next on the list, it's just not fair. Or at the least take this feedback on for mantas next release :thumbs:

@Steelselecta yup my wife's gona beat the sheet out of me too :thumbs:

Each steel is $3 or $4 more than buying direct off manta.To me thats a small price to pay to secure what you want.
Rather pay that than extra $25 or $30 on ebay when this sells out.Look how fast kimchi's edition went out of stock.And that was WWA and nothing much else in full slip.
If it wasnt for this forum then alot of us would not have certain steels in our collection.Small price to pay for the service we receive and steels you want.
And that small fee is what keeps this going

Each steel is $3 or $4 more than buying direct off manta.To me thats a small price to pay to secure what you want.
Rather pay that than extra $25 or $30 on ebay when this sells out.Look how fast kimchi's edition went out of stock.And that was WWA and nothing much else in full slip.
If it wasnt for this forum then alot of us would not have certain steels in our collection.Small price to pay for the service we receive and steels you want.
And that small fee is what keeps this going
...and you're probably being conservative with saying $25 or $30 markup on ebay. I think it will be much higher than that. (I have been on the wrong end of that decision before....)

• Thanks
Reactions: Ibfear
...and you're probably being conservative with saying $25 or $30 markup on ebay. I think it will be much higher than that. (I have been on the wrong end of that decision before....)
Your probably right.Kimchi's edition is on the rise.
Im glad i've gone 1 click on this.Love the film so im happy with my choices:thumbs:

Reactions: C.C. 95
Agreed that people who went for the 1-click should not have been allowed to secure another leather slip. This was not the point of allowing the slip to be sold separately! @Aniv honestly I would remove those that have a 1-click and additional slip from leather list and offer it to those that were next on the list, it's just not fair. Or at the least take this feedback on for mantas next release :thumbs:

Shouldn't and won't happen this time but you're right, they should think about changing it for future GBs.

I understand the frustration of the GB opening early but i knew this was a very high demand Steel. I was ready ten minutes before the GB. Remember this site is run by people who have jobs and families. I secured a one click as i am at work on the day it goes live at Manta.The additional $ per steel is a small price to pay to secure a copy and not have the stress/disappointment of missing out on the day. Not everyone is going to be happy. Even if the GB was open on time there would have been ninjas who would have missed out due to server slow down because of the increased traffic.

Didn't ordered that one but read all comments with interest. One opinion from a innocent bystander: opening the GB minutes before told is a no go. Totally unfair. There are people who havn't got the time (work, family, partner,...) to sit in front their computer half an hour before the opening and hammer F5. I think some scalpers which earn money with selling items from the GBs are happy the way this GB went online.
The leather slip had a very low stock. So there shouldn't be the possibility to buy a One Click and a second leather slip. I think the second FS will subsidise the One Click.

One thing I've noticed on this latest discussion about the Group buy is the members from the USA think they are great as it really doesn't cost a lot more in fees, postage etc but members from other countries are becoming increasingly more unhappy/frustrated due to higer costs.
I don't participate in GB's a lot on this site (other than FAC) as they are generally more expensive than anywhere else and when there is no option for direct shipping the costs can be astronomical.

For this release there have been many group buys open via different sources, here and social media.

I'm going to try my luck direct as I'm not interested in paying someone else to ship my item(s) when Manta Lab can do it perfectly well enough themselves. I won't be upset or blame anyone else if I don't get a copy (even though a group buy isn't necessary for this release) as this film was only OK in my opinion.
I might be wrong but I think we all pay the same HDN/Paypal/postage fees regardless of what country we live in.

U.S. members only gain if the host is from the U.S. as they woulnd't be forking out for international shipping on top (and that's only when NOT shipped directly from retailer)

But, agree with you. There's so many GB's now that it's getting as stressful as ordering direct IMO!

More GB's (and I'm not just talking about here, I'm talking other places also) means more of the print run is being used up each time. Meaning every attempt is getting harder and harder to get what you want.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: cooey