• Poll closed .

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 16, 2016
Purchase links: Lenti - Full Slip - Leather Slip - One Click - (Pre-order on August 5, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip - Lenti) - $46.99 (Leather Slip) - $129.97 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv (July 24 at 4 PM & ends on July 28 4 PM - CST) - Details HERE

Note: WEA. SteelBook will be glossy with a debossed title. Full Slip will feature effects like hot stamping and embossing.

13879262_1115215458588561_4060771494795804621_n.jpg 13872888_1115215461921894_6206329115611281653_n.jpg 13782142_1115215498588557_6209990557357345205_n.jpg 13882424_1115215465255227_2372774172179960357_n.jpg

Group Buy Live Time - Manta Lab Pre-order Time

13814405_10154418118606789_1958081194_n.png.jpeg 13710020_1110687725708001_4535818257980011083_n.png

Print Run (Total 4000, Both Domestic and International):
- Leather Slips, 1000 Copies
- Full Slips, 500 Copies
- Lenticular Slips, 400 Copies
- One Click Numbered 1 to 700 (Limited to 1 Copy)
Goodies: Booklet, Postcards (5ea), Character Cards (5ea), Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker (Faux Leather with Pyrography), Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker (Loose)
Actual pics of the leather slip can be seen HERE
13007384_1059772064132901_9094109559658413561_n.jpg
View attachment 249933
13580434_1102769339833173_4715554341086492000_o.jpg
Revenant_LS_Lenti_1024x1024.gif

Last edited:
you just blew my mind dude in more ways than one :confused: But yea damn good point, I really hope this does not happen!

HMRC has today published its official exchange rates for the month of August. As I suspected would be the case, the £15 threshold for Customs charges has now fallen below (USD) $20.

(GBP) £1 = (USD) $1.3178 therefore (GBP) £15 = (USD) $19.77.

Since Manta, along with HDzeta and Blufans, regularly complete the Customs Declarations with a value of (USD) $20, henceforth, those of us in the UK can look forward to our packages being surcharged by a further 20% Import VAT, plus an additional, extortionate Handling Charge, ranging from £8 (Royal Mail) to £13.50 (Parcel Force).

If there were to be an improvement in the value of Sterling over the next few weeks, then that would be reflected in a better HMRC official exchange rate for September, the month when this title is scheduled for release. That would certainly spare UK residents the extra charges but I think that a rise in the value of Sterling in the current economic climate is being unduly optimistic.

In the long term, the best solution would be for Manta, and the other retailers named above, to reduce the declared value on the Customs Declarations for UK customers to (USD) $17 or $18. This would give some leeway for further falls in the value of Sterling over the next few months. Otherwise, Steelbook collecting is going to cost so much more in future for those of us in the UK.

Well, with all due respect, if you want to add your two cents, you really should read those posts first ;)
No one was moaning about forgetting, too late, or system too slow, but that the GB started few minutes earlier. I was there accidentally and was also surprised to see that there was already a page full of posts.

I can understand that many were upset. It's like catching a train, you are there on time but the train left already.
But I also understand that the mods only started earlier because they saw that the HDN server became slow.
So if we really need a scapegoat, it's those who were pressing F5 like crazy before that!

I did say 'or whatever other excuse there was' and also the GB starting earlier DOES also mean people were too late and therefore surely common sense prevails here and you start checking before the time it goes live due to people who host the GB's having lives of their own? I don't think a scapegoat is needed but common sense really. Having a Group Buy that starts early is still better than having no group buy at all and so you are still being done a favour regardless.

HMRC has today published its official exchange rates for the month of August. As I suspected would be the case, the £15 threshold for Customs charges has now fallen below (USD) $20.

Since Manta, along with HDzeta and Blufans, regularly complete the Customs Declarations with a value of (USD) $20, henceforth, those of us in the UK can look forward to our packages being surcharged by a further 20% Import VAT, plus an additional, extortionate Handling Charge, ranging from £8 (Royal Mail) to £13.50 (Parcel Force).

If there were to be an improvement in the value of Sterling over the next few weeks, then that would be reflected in a better HMRC official exchange rate for September, the month when this title is scheduled for release. That would certainly spare UK residents the extra charges but I think that a rise in the value of Sterling in the current economic climate is being unduly optimistic.

In the long term, the best solution would be for Manta, and the other retailers named above, to reduce the declared value on the Customs Declarations for UK customers to (USD) $17 or $18. This would give some leeway for further falls in the value of Sterling over the next few months. Otherwise, Steelbook collecting is going to cost so much more in future for those of us in the UK.

So is there likely to be roughly an additional £50! custom fees ??? :0

You also have to take into account lot more countries in EU beside the UK
It's different Customs threshold in some EU countries before Vat on imports is considered for VAT but most EU countries is €22
In Ireland for example it's €22
Customs in Ireland if price on label is over €22.00 and Vat is calculated less than €6.00 customs don't look for payment but if Vat works out above €6.00 they then can decide to look for VAT payment
If marked to low customs in some EU countries might starting to question the prices on the customs label

If UK customers want marked lower it might be better if that was done separate to rest of EU countries
If lot of parcels start getting lowered to $17/$18 for other EU countries it might end up causing more customers to get hit for VAT
$17 in Euro is €15.48 and that might not be believed by some EU customs especially when previous parcels have been marked $20.00

$20.00 works fine for majority of EU customers whose currency is the Euro

Last edited:
I did say 'or whatever other excuse there was' and also the GB starting earlier DOES also mean people were too late and therefore surely common sense prevails here and you start checking before the time it goes live due to people who host the GB's having lives of their own? I don't think a scapegoat is needed but common sense really. Having a Group Buy that starts early is still better than having no group buy at all and so you are still being done a favour regardless.

It has nothing to do with common sense. Most times GBs start at the announced times. And like myself and many others who have been involved in many GBs but who didn't make this confirmed list, we were on here before scheduled time. As the mod said the site slowed to a crawl because of constant page reloads by too many people. If you were attempting the GB you would know that 5minutes before the start time the site wouldn't load anything for many of us. I would be careful about the whole common sense point you are attempting to get across. It does not hold any water in this case.

You also have to take into account lot more countries in EU beside the UK
It's different Customs threshold in some EU countries before Vat on imports is considered for VAT but most is EU countries €22
If marked to low customs in some EU countries might starting to question the prices on the customs label

If UK customers want marked lower it might be better if that was done separate to rest of EU countries
If lot of parcels start getting lowered to $17/$18 for other EU countries it might end up causing more customers to get hit for VAT

$20.00 works fine for majority of EU customers whose currency is the Euro

You haven't read my post properly before rushing into print. If you were to do so, you will see that I specifically refer to proposed changes in the declared value for UK packages only. Nowhere have I suggested this being applicable to all EU wide shipments.

Most of your posts are helpful and informative. It's a shame that you can't resist grandstanding when you see the opportunity of scoring some points at other people's expense.

Does anybody know what day they are going to release pics/video of the leather slip ?

It's funny that there is so much hype around it and we actually haven't seen what it looks like :0

I'm curious to. I hope it lives up, but from my past knowing what FAUX leather is like on paper ... its nice , but probably not what all the hype commands. So I hope its more premium ... however if not folks who own Dances with the Wolves blu-ray with slip USA first edition can get a good idea. It does however look like that little square Manta Lab piece that will be in the package (see pic in OP spoiler) will be either leather or partial leather as its showing true brand debossing on that. A nice touch...

You haven't read my post properly before rushing into print. If you were to do so, you will see that I specifically refer to proposed changes in the declared value for UK packages only. Nowhere have I suggested this being applicable to all EU wide shipments.

Most of your posts are helpful and informative. It's a shame that you can't resist grandstanding when you see the opportunity of scoring some points at other people's expense.
I did in my post say might be better if that was done separate to rest of EU countries as in separate arrangement for the UK customers so they can try avoid paying VAT
If that's not made clear to Manta they might mark all down in price lower than previous by using $17/$18
Very easy to happen and easier for them by having a standard mark value you get my point now

Last edited:
I'm curious to. I hope it lives up, but from my past knowing what FAUX leather is like on paper ... its nice , but probably not what all the hype commands. So I hope its more premium ... however if not folks who own Dances with the Wolves blu-ray with slip USA first edition can get a good idea. It does however look like that little square Manta Lab piece that will be in the package (see pic in OP spoiler) will be either leather or partial leather as its showing true brand debossing on that. A nice touch...

If the faux leather slip is similar to the Dances with Wolves slip then I think the regular slip or lenti will better.

Now that the UK has exited the EU, does this mean it will apply to all countries for you guys then? Not just Asia and the U.S. imports but eventually even from importing from say Amazon Italy or Germany??

Are you serious mate? Now you are punning.
I used the example of catching a train. GB opening later is NOT THE SAME like earlier. In first case people are on standby and waiting. In second case people already missed it.
Also, "the definition of on time" and "gratefulness towards the HDN staff/GB host" are two different pairs of shoes. Don't mix them.
And for me showing sympathy for both sides, you think I don't have "common sense"? As a new member, I think you should take it slow.
For further discussions, feel free to PM me.

If the faux leather slip is similar to the Dances with Wolves slip then I think the regular slip or lenti will better.

I've never seen that edition before so I just had a look. From the teaser pic it looks like it will be a lot more substantial compared to that slip. I'm hoping for some thick card like what's used for the Harry Potter hog warts collection slip wrapped in some good quality Faux leather.

If it turned out to be like the dances with Wolves slip (leather effect printed on card ) I think the majority of people would be bitterly disappointed

• Thanks
Reactions: Wreck
Now that the UK has exited the EU, dies thus mean it will apply to all countries fir you guys then? Not just Asia and the U.S. imports but eventually even from importing from say Amazon Italy or Germany??
UK not left the EU yet they have to activate article 50 and will take at least 2 years to complete
UK have to negotiate a single deal with the 27 remaining EU states under the EU’s common commercial policy

If no trade agreements that cover imports/exports then yes when UK leave the EU any imports from EU countries Vat and Customs Tax will apply over £15.00 or whatever UK government and UK customs decide the threshold is if they decide to change it

Now that the UK has exited the EU, does this mean it will apply to all countries for you guys then? Not just Asia and the U.S. imports but eventually even from importing from say Amazon Italy or Germany??

Eventually, yes, it will apply to all imports including those from other EU countries.

You are, however, a little premature. We haven't actually left the EU yet, merely voted in the Referendum to secede from that body in due course. Until a final date is fixed, the UK remains a full member of the EU.

Eventually, yes, it will apply to all imports including those from other EU countries.

You are, however, a little premature. We haven't actually left the EU yet, merely voted in the Referendum to secede from that body in due course. Until a final date is fixed, the UK remains a full member of the EU.
Well, yes of course. I meant eventually, down the line, if and when!

I would've loved to join the GB since it went so well with MoS. But I still couldn't made my decision which Full Slip I want to get :ohno:

The leather sounds exciting but the regular Full Slip looks so beautiful. I really hope for some more shots of each before it goes live at Manta.

I've never seen that edition before so I just had a look. From the teaser pic it looks like it will be a lot more substantial compared to that slip. I'm hoping for some thick card like what's used for the Harry Potter hog warts collection slip wrapped in some good quality Faux leather.

If it turned out to be like the dances with Wolves slip (leather effect printed on card ) I think the majority of people would be bitterly disappointed
I'm thinking it will look more like the old Evil Dead DVD 'Necromicon Book' cover!!

s-l1600.jpg

:D

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and augustus