• Poll closed .

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 16, 2016
Purchase links: Lenti - Full Slip - Leather Slip - One Click - (Pre-order on August 5, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip - Lenti) - $46.99 (Leather Slip) - $129.97 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv (July 24 at 4 PM & ends on July 28 4 PM - CST) - Details HERE

Note: WEA. SteelBook will be glossy with a debossed title. Full Slip will feature effects like hot stamping and embossing.

13879262_1115215458588561_4060771494795804621_n.jpg 13872888_1115215461921894_6206329115611281653_n.jpg 13782142_1115215498588557_6209990557357345205_n.jpg 13882424_1115215465255227_2372774172179960357_n.jpg

Group Buy Live Time - Manta Lab Pre-order Time

13814405_10154418118606789_1958081194_n.png.jpeg 13710020_1110687725708001_4535818257980011083_n.png

Print Run (Total 4000, Both Domestic and International):
- Leather Slips, 1000 Copies
- Full Slips, 500 Copies
- Lenticular Slips, 400 Copies
- One Click Numbered 1 to 700 (Limited to 1 Copy)
Goodies: Booklet, Postcards (5ea), Character Cards (5ea), Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker (Faux Leather with Pyrography), Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker (Loose)
Actual pics of the leather slip can be seen HERE
13007384_1059772064132901_9094109559658413561_n.jpg
View attachment 249933
13580434_1102769339833173_4715554341086492000_o.jpg
Revenant_LS_Lenti_1024x1024.gif

Last edited:
10.58 pm (paristime) posts had already lost the posibility of getting the leather slip, and perhaps, only perhaps some of those people stopped doing things as watching a movie or attending their work in order to be able to attend the 11pm live time as announced.

Besides the work performed by mods, I think those people don't deserve a: stop complaining, that's life, we're already doing you a favour answer, with all due respect

I did say 'or whatever other excuse there was' and also the GB starting earlier DOES also mean people were too late and therefore surely common sense prevails here and you start checking before the time it goes live due to people who host the GB's having lives of their own? I don't think a scapegoat is needed but common sense really. Having a Group Buy that starts early is still better than having no group buy at all and so you are still being done a favour regardless.

How much earlier should one be expected to check that a group buy hasn't started sooner than anticipated? I think everyone understands that people have lives outside of the forum but that applies to group buy participants as equally as it does to group buy hosts and mods/staff of the forum. I don't entirely agree that group buys are a favour to collectors because ultimately money is made off the back of group buys, first and foremost by retailers of course but also by group buy hosts and the forum as well (not only through GB fees but also the potential advertising revenue from having a large user base that the group buy forum helps to attract). I think that the forum does have a responsibility to its members for that reason, it isn't a one-way street.

When i saw that only 30 leather slip editions i knew it would be a lottery trying to get 1 an alot would be disappointed.
If i was after leather only i would of not expected to get one on GB with such a low count.Manta's site all the way for that bad boy.
I decided on one click before i knew about leather slip edition.So bonus for me all the way:thumbs:

HMRC has today published its official exchange rates for the month of August. As I suspected would be the case, the £15 threshold for Customs charges has now fallen below (USD) $20.

(GBP) £1 = (USD) $1.3178 therefore (GBP) £15 = (USD) $19.77.

Since Manta, along with HDzeta and Blufans, regularly complete the Customs Declarations with a value of (USD) $20, henceforth, those of us in the UK can look forward to our packages being surcharged by a further 20% Import VAT, plus an additional, extortionate Handling Charge, ranging from £8 (Royal Mail) to £13.50 (Parcel Force).

If there were to be an improvement in the value of Sterling over the next few weeks, then that would be reflected in a better HMRC official exchange rate for September, the month when this title is scheduled for release. That would certainly spare UK residents the extra charges but I think that a rise in the value of Sterling in the current economic climate is being unduly optimistic.

In the long term, the best solution would be for Manta, and the other retailers named above, to reduce the declared value on the Customs Declarations for UK customers to (USD) $17 or $18. This would give some leeway for further falls in the value of Sterling over the next few months. Otherwise, Steelbook collecting is going to cost so much more in future for those of us in the UK.

Thanks for the info Augustus

Looks like I'll just get kimchi, manta, nova, PA, Zeta etc to mark my packages to $18 from now on

I sometimes do $19 anyway

• Thanks
Reactions: augustus
This is my first one click i have ever gone for and after the wife kills me, will be the last!:rofl: Don't think I'm going to be able to go for a one click ever again after the wife breaks my fingers! And in case anybody is wondering, I haven't told her yet, I value my family jewels!:LOL:

Just told the wife about buying the one click..... I think she took it rather well!

LOL dude just don't tell the misses. It works for me, my shelf just keeps growing and she doesn't notice:smug:...oorrr tell her that one day these releases will be worth $$$ and you can sell them off and make a fortune :naughty: Then when that day comes you can just make something else up :woot::hilarious:

• Thanks
Reactions: Hawesy
How much earlier should one be expected to check that a group buy hasn't started sooner than anticipated? I think everyone understands that people have lives outside of the forum but that applies to group buy participants as equally as it does to group buy hosts and mods/staff of the forum. I don't entirely agree that group buys are a favour to collectors because ultimately money is made off the back of group buys, first and foremost by retailers of course but also by group buy hosts and the forum as well (not only through GB fees but also the potential advertising revenue from having a large user base that the group buy forum helps to attract). I think that the forum does have a responsibility to its members for that reason, it isn't a one-way street.

Group buys absolutely are a favour to collectors, otherwise what is the point of them existing and people wanting to join them in the first place?
Even if you don't want to be a part of a GB it is still a favour to collectors because the option is there. Just because there is some gain out of it doesn't make it any less of a favour if people want to join one. It's a positive for everybody is it not?

Let me go find a brick wall to explain this to. :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: HOBBS and Hawesy
No these were early samples. There will be only version and more accurate with some special touches that were not on this sample set.

"If Manta Lab is watching all I have to say is I had to give something out to keep the natives from message flooding me :D"
Wow the leather slip is going to be something special. :woot:

Thanks for the teaser @Aniv !! Manta are ssssooo tight with their reveals, they like to keep us waiting to get people more excited, tbh I don't know if people would be more or less excited if they revealed more earlier on?!?

@Aniv is there any possibility that Manta will increase quantity of Leather Slips for the GB? Maybe at least of total 80 or 100. For them it's not too much, but for some of here its the matter of life and death:whistle::whistle::whistle:. Please ask them for the chance to increase it, maybe we can decrease other editions in the favor of Leather. For me to count in needs 67 limit as far as i remember. Pleassssssssssseeeeeeee:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

• Thanks
Reactions: Collecta
It still comes down to common sense whichever way you look at it. A group buy goes ahead a little earlier than planned by minutes... why would you not think "actually I had better check a littler earlier just incase?"
It is called being prepared and is a part of everyday life.

Yes I am serious and no I don't need to take anything slow, but I appreciate your input. :thumbs:

It's good to be prepared. But there is also absolutely nothing wrong with being on time.
And to be able to take part of a a discussion, you need to read the posts of others first.

These are two normal things of everyday life, which don't need to be questioned ;).
If you still think we really need further discussions about this, I'm out. Thank you :thumbs:

Yeah, feel it too.... I basically went for the 1click to secure a leather, but on the bright side I'll open one to rewatch this film as I don't have any form of this movie.

Wow! You couldn't open an Amaray version to watch? Or if that's not good enough, one of the European plain steelbooks?

And give someone who missed out on a leather slip one of your copies?

I would really like to see common sense prevail here that and people who ordered a leather with the one click have it revoked.

• Thanks
Reactions: dLux
It's Region Free?
JOHN YU of Manta Lab

Thanks for the wait.

We were informed that the disc is Region A so we are not sure if it will be playable on your player because we've received products before that were Region A from our studio and still playable on other region's players.

Thank you very much for your enquiry!

Best regards,
Manta Lab