The Rocketeer (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition) [UK]

Mar 7, 2014
Tatooine
Release date: November 28th , 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99

11369739-3574436649145740.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got to say the original steelbook was poor. I think the re-release will be just as poor. But the Lenti is the only thing that will spice this up.

£17.99, much cheaper than I thought. Was expecting the standard £24.99 like all the others.

(@satanclaus is gonna like my post count :rofl: Won't post for now until he thanks my post.
Will let you know when it reaches 6666 :D)

Reactions: satanclaus
I feel a bit guilty for selling mine on auction and it went for a bit of a silly price. Now this pops out! Not sure what the buyer is going to think.

For all those that are buying this that missed out, do have some respect for those that paid double the price. Re-releases goes both ways. Yes you get it cheap, but others are not so lucky who will be mighty pissed off.

I have the original release and I will no longer support all these rereleases that make no sense. This is the same Steelbook and only because they add a Lenticular we`re supposed to buy this :confused:

I have the original release and I will no longer support all these rereleases that make no sense. This is the same Steelbook and only because they add a Lenticular we`re supposed to buy this :confused:

Yes. Around 75-80 % of people who bought the first release of this film from Zavvi, will buy this one as well.
Some of them even go so far that they say they will never buy this and they'll actually order two copies :)

I for one will wait it out. If the price goes down, I'll snatch a copy, if not, they can shove it up their ka-ka.

This is without doubt one of my favorite movies. Still waiting on a steelbook for the Shadow (1994).

I have the original release but have no intention of buying this one.

Knowing Disney it will just go toward funding the upcoming reboot which they've Ghostbustered.

If they used re-releases to satisfy different tastes then I could accept it. For example I hate the steelbook for The Mist, so if they released a poster art version of that I'd have no problem. But this is just a cynical cash in because they knew it sold so well the first time around.

That is a good point... I can see them doing this. Especially with The Rocketeer joining the schedule... Maybe even Dick Tracy or a 3rd release of Roger Rabbit which will certainly gets people goat up lol. :dunno::arghh: lol

Well I guess nothing from Zavvi is ever going to be rare. Well some will for the first few years until the re-release. The fact they are releasing the Rocketeer, I can just see the whole complete Disney line up being released again (except for the less profitable titles). I expect Oz Great and Powerful and Alice in the Wonderland as well. Beauty and the Beast next year might have a straight Lenti release, if not it is the standard following a re-release again with Lenti.

So in otherwords if you missed on pretty much any rare Disney title just wait for a re-release.

I feel a bit guilty for selling mine on auction and it went for a bit of a silly price. Now this pops out! Not sure what the buyer is going to think.

For all those that are buying this that missed out, do have some respect for those that paid double the price. Re-releases goes both ways. Yes you get it cheap, but others are not so lucky who will be mighty pissed off.

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think you should feel bad for anyone who bought this at a higher price. That is the game, win, lose, or draw.

Personally, I have two copies of the original ROCKETEER SteelBook. One I was saving for trade value. Of course this re-release means my trade value lowered, but that was a risk I was willing to take when I originally bought two. I love the movie, by the way, so I am not upset.

I think if you bought this (or any SteelBook) as investment only, you are taking a huge risk because no one can stop a re-release of a title.

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think you should feel bad for anyone who bought this at a higher price. That is the game, win, lose, or draw.

Personally, I have two copies of the original ROCKETEER SteelBook. One I was saving for trade value. Of course this re-release means my trade value lowered, but that was a risk I was willing to take when I originally bought two. I love the movie, by the way, so I am not upset.

I think if you bought this (or any SteelBook) as investment only, you are taking a huge risk because no one can stop a re-release of a title.

I didn't have two. The one I sold was my only copy. The steelbook was crap so I got rid of it to make room for better steelbooks expecting a loss which surprisingly it didn't come.