Horror-Arrow-Limited Ed The Thing (Blu-ray) (Arrow Video) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release Date: October 23rd , 2017
Purchase Links: Arrow Films (Sold Out) - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMVhttps://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-thing-limited-edition/11515183.html
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £19.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - Hmv)
Notes: Limited to 6,000

20106440_1625831920784129_6312207597767063424_n.jpg

Last edited:
If Arrow have any sense they will do a deluxe Steelbook full slip with a 4k and blu-ray disc. It would be one of the biggest sellers of all time. Since it's a UK only release I can see maybe a group buy happening IF a steelbook is planned....... Why 4k?. Simple Shout didn't do one and that would be a big big seller even among us who haven't upgraded to 4k yet.

If Arrow have any sense they will do a deluxe Steelbook full slip with a 4k and blu-ray disc. It would be one of the biggest sellers of all time. Since it's a UK only release I can see maybe a group buy happening IF a steelbook is planned....... Why 4k?. Simple Shout didn't do one and that would be a big big seller even among us who haven't upgraded to 4k yet.
Arrow Films Store ship worldwide and most UK releases are from all UK retailers no need for a Group Buy has never been a need :rofl:

4K UHD Disc not in a Arrow Video Release you will be waiting a good while before that happens

Video only had a remaster done in 2K

This will have most if not all the scream factory extras and video master would be the same with possible slight tweaks to the video encode
Arrow Video release also possible something new in extras as they had done this before but more than likely will be the same as scream factory

Last edited:
Biggest no-brainer purchase of the year right here!

Missed the SF release but I can live with it knowing Arrow are taking it on. Kinda hope if they go the chunky box route a la DD/Videodrome etc that they use the original poster art. Often really like their newly commissioned work but I don't think I've seen a blu release (except maybe Germany?) with that classic art on the front.

Also please avoid the sh!tty Donnie Darko disc holder style if you go with digipacks, guys! :D

O.k. That was just MEAN.:rofl:
That is so NOT fair!:LOL:
That is just...AWESOME.
Sabbern2.gif

My jealousy knows no bounds....View attachment 288738
I didn't get your address, by the way....:angel::p

Haha! Yes sorry that was a bit mean.

But yes, it is awesome. JC toured with the band last year and I got to meet and greet and had him sign the print. Was the highlight for me for a long time. Had the print for a couple of years and when I heard he was touring locally it was just too good an opportunity to miss!

Reactions: C.C. 95
Haha! Yes sorry that was a bit mean.

But yes, it is awesome. JC toured with the band last year and I got to meet and greet and had him sign the print. Was the highlight for me for a long time. Had the print for a couple of years and when I heard he was touring locally it was just too good an opportunity to miss!
Here's hoping you can run down Drew Struzan and Kurt Russell at some convention to finish it off!!:thumbs:

Reactions: Deleted member 9789
It came signed by Struzan!

KR would be awesome though. And Keith David :D
Oh I misunderstood! Ok. So maybe you can run down Kurt Russell, Keith David and Wilford Brimley! (Brimley might sign it "Sincerely, DIABEETUS"!!:LOL:
But, man - what an awesome collectable to own!:thumbs:
That's like having Blade Runner signed by John Alvin and Ridley Scott!

Reactions: Deleted member 9789
It looks like Arrow Video release of the Thing will be a 4K scan
Director of Arrow Films posted a reply on twitter

Amazing news! So Arrow is doing what I hoped for, 4K scan of the original negatives :woot:
Remember all the haters on Facebook saying Arrow only re-release Scream Factory :rolleyes:
Now these people will have to double dip or sell their average 2K scan Scream factory disc :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Amazing news! So Arrow is doing what I hoped for, 4K scan of the original negatives :woot:
Remember all the haters on Facebook saying Arrow only re-release Scream Factory :rolleyes:
Now these people will have to double dip or sell their average 2K scan Scream factory disc :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Live reactions to the news from Salty SF whiners coming in now!:

CDJUTa.gif

:rofl:

Reactions: dan8885
Steelbook with 4k and blu-ray. That would be beyond amazing!
It's a 4K scan of the original negatives
It's not a 4K UHD

The scream Factory was a 2K Scan

You will have to wait a while before you see arrow films get in to providing 4K UHD Blu-ray it will happen yes but not yet

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95