The Tumbler - 1/6 Vehicle (The Dark Knight) [Hot Toys]

ash333

s'Mod
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mar 3, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA
Sideshow Toys have done it. They have convinced Hot Toys to re-open the line for Batman's Tumbler. I missed it the last time it was released and went out of stock within days I believe. But back again (this time it is not available to customers in select Asian countries and territories), this one belongs in the personal collections of fans of Nolan's Batman and the Tumbler. :scat:

The second link is to Amazon's product page of the first edition where resellers are asking for over USD$1999. EEK!
Personally I have suspended my pursuit of Optimus Prime in favor of The Tumbler. It is one of my dreams come true to own one of this! :oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah:

Batmobile Tumbler SideShow
Product Size: 11" H (279.4mm) x 18.5" W (469.9mm) x 29" L (736.6mm)
Product Weight: 29.00 lbs (13.15 kg)

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Toys-Dark-Knight-Batmobile/dp/B001GICQD4/

Some pics taken off that Amazon page -

51iQzjDnVmL.jpg

51JWH-yESwL.jpg

Batman figurine is NOT included in this edition

51hPhHdSvsL.jpg

51h-XwlS-RL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maaaaaan! You can't show me stuff like this!!!

My only question now is: will I sell my kidney for this? Hmmmm....... :hilarious:

I think they've done bat-pod too right? And I don't even want to think about the new flying thing 'The Bat' - I bet they will do that one too....

Maaaaaan! You can't show me stuff like this!!!

My only question now is: will I sell my kidney for this? Hmmmm....... :hilarious:

I think they've done bat-pod too right? And I don't even want to think about the new flying thing 'The Bat' - I bet they will do that one too....

Hahaha, I have not seen anything about the Bat or the pod to this scale. But this one is a limited run and at an "affordable" price too. When it was released back in 2009, I think it went for USD$399 worldwide and before long, it went out of stock until now :naughty: I thought I will never ever get to own it and decided to hunt for Optimus Prime at a cheaper price of USD$1200 EEK!

I am sure WB and Sideshow timed it to coincide with the release of the new movie. I guess USD$500 is about right for a kidney these days :hilarious:

LOL....Yeah, I would love to own one of these but with all the Nolan releases which I want to have its impossible even for the more 'affordable' price.

Anyway, if you will get it, expect a curious visitor soon ;)

I went crazy, and pre-ordered the Thor hammer ... I hope it turns out pretty cool. This tumbler looks awesome tho, but I made my decision. This will be my first purchase from side show site.

I noticed there was a bale Batman on their site now too.

I went crazy, and pre-ordered the Thor hammer ... I hope it turns out pretty cool. This tumbler looks awesome tho, but I made my decision. This will be my first purchase from side show site.

Hot Toys is re-releasing a lot of stuff lately - I got in on the Iron Mark I re-release. That's probably the only collectible I'll get this year.

This thing is huge and when I first saw it, I was very interested. Not sure if you guys saw this, but I was very impressed to see a custom case a collector made for the first one.

tumbler1.jpg

Last edited:
Hot Toys is re-releasing a lot of stuff lately - I got in on the Iron Mark I re-release. That's probably the only collectible I'll get this year.

This thing is huge and when I first saw it, I was very interested. Not sure if you guys saw this, but I was very impressed to see a custom case a collector made for the first one.
Wow, that is very nice. I hope Sideshow decides to move ahead with re-release of the Batpod :)

Yup, crazy is the right for me as well and when I saw the Thor hammer last night, I had to stop. Thor's Hammer is detachable from the stand and I thought it could be used for an awesome workout. :hilarious: The Bale Batman is a wait list item and will make a great complement to the Tumbler. Hot Toys has really come a long way in improving the quality of their art. Check this picture of the Bale Batman - simply awesome and yet freaky too :D
260384_10150228139392344_58690437343_7555652_1131881_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's awesome, But I believe it is all done with computers. I saw a special a while ago on what rich people do with there money for one. One guy had an action figure done of himself. It looked just like him. I think that went for around 5K.

Reactions: ash333
It's awesome, But I believe it is all done with computers. I saw a special a while ago on what rich people do with there money for one. One guy had an action figure done of himself. It looked just like him. I think that went for around 5K.

Yes, they use computers and lasers to assist in the molding and sculpting. I just wish they did a better job with Babydoll in the upcoming statue. This Bale Batman figure head is way more accurate and detailed than the Browning Babydoll figure head. Oh well.

I've seen the Batmobile in the flesh and it's bloody huge!! I'm just pleased I could never get into the whole Hot Toys thing

I've seen the Batmobile in the flesh and it's bloody huge!! I'm just pleased I could never get into the whole Hot Toys thing

Oh yes. I have a ton of Hot Toys figures (including a Dark Knight Batman), but this thing is freaking huge. There's only one place in my entire room that I could use to display it. For now I'm passing since I'm supposed to be saving money and the size is just so big. But it is damned tempting...

Can anyone give comparison as to how huge this will be?

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

nevermind, holy crap

11" H (279.4mm) x 18.5" W (469.9mm) x 29" L (736.6mm)*

29 inches LONG? 18.5 WIDE? Thats like bigger than some huge rc toy. Makes me feel like I should get this instead of Thor hammer ... but then I would lose my $40 deposit. ;p

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

And, I really dont know where I would display this :p

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Holy CRAP ... look at this LOL ...

I dont know what's bigger ... the tumbler or this guy!!! haha.

41a2M97XwOL._AA300_.jpg

41hYjoak8NL._AA300_.jpg

That's the best part! The picture I showed up above? Dude used a cheap Ikea coffee table and customized the rest. BAM. :D

You are right my friend ... displaying it INSIDE a coffee table would be total Man Cave awesome sauce. As of right now, I cant even fit a coffee table in my cave lol ... but envisioning the future ... that would be total tits for people to see when they walk in.

But storing it in a closet until that day ... which is not yet determined ... is kinda hard to do when dropping close to $500 on it. EEK! Even if with monthly payments ... however, like Ash has pointed out ... once this thing is gone ... you really are never ever gonna get it again. I mean then it sky rockets to 1k plus price range.