The Tumbler - 1/6 Vehicle (The Dark Knight) [Hot Toys]

ash333

s'Mod
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mar 3, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA
Sideshow Toys have done it. They have convinced Hot Toys to re-open the line for Batman's Tumbler. I missed it the last time it was released and went out of stock within days I believe. But back again (this time it is not available to customers in select Asian countries and territories), this one belongs in the personal collections of fans of Nolan's Batman and the Tumbler. :scat:

The second link is to Amazon's product page of the first edition where resellers are asking for over USD$1999. EEK!
Personally I have suspended my pursuit of Optimus Prime in favor of The Tumbler. It is one of my dreams come true to own one of this! :oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah:

Batmobile Tumbler SideShow
Product Size: 11" H (279.4mm) x 18.5" W (469.9mm) x 29" L (736.6mm)
Product Weight: 29.00 lbs (13.15 kg)

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Toys-Dark-Knight-Batmobile/dp/B001GICQD4/

Some pics taken off that Amazon page -

51iQzjDnVmL.jpg

51JWH-yESwL.jpg

Batman figurine is NOT included in this edition

51hPhHdSvsL.jpg

51h-XwlS-RL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
you know sometimes you see things you really really want, but just don't have anywhere to put it?

THIS is one of those times!....

This is absolutely awesome! But waaayyy out of my price range and more importantly I don't have the space for it! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:D i found here
i think it is same one! release on May 2012 price is $469.99 isn't cheap?

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

In talking with tiger about collectibles, I checked Amazon.com for the price of this Tumbler, hoping to see a drop but lo and behold, the price has gone UP! What? It's now close to USD$3000 EEK! This is an even better investment than Apple stock :hilarious:

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Toys-Dark-Knight-Batmobile/dp/B001GICQD4/ref=sr_1_47?ie=UTF8&qid=1329999842&sr=8-47

what the hell! black man's muscle! in photo LOL:hilarious:

:D i found here

i think it is same one! release on May 2012 price is $469.99 isn't cheap?

Yes this is the one of which this thread was started. Now you see why these things are very speculative. I ordered the Tumbler for what it means to me - Batman is my hero ever since I was a kid and Christopher Nolan's Tumbler, IMO, is the best super hero vehicle ever designed.

In talking with tiger about collectibles, I checked Amazon.com for the price of this Tumbler, hoping to see a drop but lo and behold, the price has gone UP! What? It's now close to USD$3000 EEK! This is an even better investment than Apple stock :hilarious:

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Toys-Dark-Knight-Batmobile/dp/B001GICQD4/ref=sr_1_47?ie=UTF8&qid=1329999842&sr=8-47

Yeah, but those are third party sellers. and that price was obviously based on the fact it used to be no longer available. The re-release obviously helps that.

Apparently way back when, WBShop got some of these and people were able to get them (relatively) cheap. Not sure that will happen again, but it could be avenue for those hoping for a better priced option.

is the sixth scale Batman figure from Sideshow that could sit inside it still available btw?

Maybe as there is a wait list on Sideshowtoy.com - here.

Unfortunately the Tumbler has been delayed until August. :angry: I suspect they are trying to accommodate as many orders as they can which sucks since it is supposed to limited.

Reactions: Rockafella
Maybe as there is a wait list on Sideshowtoy.com - here.

Unfortunately the Tumbler has been delayed until August. :angry: I suspect they are trying to accommodate as many orders as they can which sucks since it is supposed to limited.

Must be nice to have a money printing machine and basically lie about the limited part. How can anything be limited if they just remake it again? :angry:

wholy, wow. this thing is amazing. man i really want this and the Thor hammer, lol. Looks like a good investment too.

Hey steelbook, didn't realize you haven't seen this. Yes so far it has been a very good investment for those who have it now. But with this re-release, and now the delay, I suspect the investment angle might not be as lucrative as before.

is the sixth scale Batman figure from Sideshow that could sit inside it still available btw?

No. And the version ash333 posted is actually a different one. The version in the table is from The Dark Knight. The recent release is from Batman Begins. But this is Batman we're talking about. Worst case is there's a third release for the Dark Knight Rises.

Reactions: Rockafella
Hey steelbook, didn't realize you haven't seen this. Yes so far it has been a very good investment for those who have it now. But with this re-release, and now the delay, I suspect the investment angle might not be as lucrative as before.

ahhh i see. Thanks for the info. Regardless that thing is pretty bad ass.

You gonna pair up the Tumbler with the 89 style Batmobile? :) The retro one's even more expensive, if that's at all possible. Still would love to figure out a way to work one of these into my room. That in the coffee table idea still intrigues me.