The UGLIEST Blu-Ray SteelBook thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
This should be a fun topic ...

What is the ugliest steelbook you've come across?

Post a pic while your at it. (google search is your friend)

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Here's my pick.
pic removed to remove thumbnail

Awesome movie, and maybe my decision to this is that the other 2 editions just looked much better. Oddly enough, its the only version of Kick Ass I even own.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I'm also not a fan of the Star Trek steel, I think something better could have been done with both of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
In my opinion, the ones with the plain backs are really bad, maybe not so much ugly, but definitely boring.
pestretch.jpg

Spiderman trilogy from futureshop is the champ of this tread.

Attachments

• spide.jpeg
    spide.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 120
  • spide2.jpeg
    spide2.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 124
I don't think it's the ugliest, just one of the corniest. To me it looks like Liam is posing for some kind of new wave gun magazine. Modeling the latest dusters & medium-sized shirts.

30894443_300x300_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Blu-ray banner isn't the worst thing on those steels..

..Saving private ryan is in with a shout but AVP Germany makes me a bit sick in my mouth whenever I see it.

One of the ugliest are the new releases of the Spiderman Futureshop steelbooks. I was very shocked about the artworks (back looks good, but the front is terrible) and that's the first steelbook of FS that I don't want to have in my collection.

I agree with you. These are terrible, but God help me, I'm gonna have to get them. I hate it when they have the blue banner across the top...

Why do you have to get them? There will be other spidey steelbooks - it's all about patience. I would never buy a ugly steelbook even if it's of a film i love. I buy the steelbooks based on the artwork.

Reactions: csirules