The UGLIEST Blu-Ray SteelBook thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
This should be a fun topic ...

What is the ugliest steelbook you've come across?

Post a pic while your at it. (google search is your friend)

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Here's my pick.
pic removed to remove thumbnail

Awesome movie, and maybe my decision to this is that the other 2 editions just looked much better. Oddly enough, its the only version of Kick Ass I even own.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I'm also not a fan of the Star Trek steel, I think something better could have been done with both of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
People have done a pretty good job of listing of some truly ugly steelbooks in this thread for sure with the exception of a few I disagree with but thats bound to happen with subjectivity in the house. Had a good laugh reading this whole thread again. :thumbs:

How about The king of new york - FR release

Not only fugly but a stickerbook as well EEK!

Picture from Marty mcfly

I have to say thats bad, if you are going to do a stickerbook at least make it a nice vibrant picture. That is so dull, I think it's the worst stickerbook I've ever seen!:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely this:

$(KGrHqV,!lsE8FbzwPMnBPRmbOlRJQ~~60_35.JPG
Agree! EEK!

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Every steelbook with the blue (printed/unremovable) BD top is a no go for me :(

This one takes the cake : it is ugly for sure, it has a printed blue banner, is region B locked, has only a french audio without any foreign subs, and is a not so funny one-man show. Moreover, the data sheet is printed on the back.

It is probably the less valuable steelbook ever. And it is a french release.
Vive la France ! :drool:

Last edited:
Definitely Battle: Los Angeles in my collection, it's mostly the awful font on the front cover. Don't agree with Kick Ass, I have that steelbook and it's one of my favourites, gorgeous yellow font on a black background, simple but still fantastic.

Hi to all members, i am back !!! ;) and HAPPY NEW YEAR :scat:

Ha Ha Ha !!! The red is just ... horrible :D and the pics in front side are just an excellent exemple of bad taste :LOL:

Perfect for garbage can :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:... Hmmm, i keep the discs for the movies :movie: