The UGLIEST Blu-Ray SteelBook thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
This should be a fun topic ...

What is the ugliest steelbook you've come across?

Post a pic while your at it. (google search is your friend)

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Here's my pick.
pic removed to remove thumbnail

Awesome movie, and maybe my decision to this is that the other 2 editions just looked much better. Oddly enough, its the only version of Kick Ass I even own.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I'm also not a fan of the Star Trek steel, I think something better could have been done with both of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
And the winner of worst Steelbook release is.....

*Drumroll*

spidey_FS_zps4c35bc5f.jpg

Yeah, that Play.com Thing really pisses me off every time I see it. How could they butcher such a classic with that goddamn artwork.
They put the original poster art on the back with this ridiculously stupid green tint and place it horizontally???? How hard is it to just give us this Struzan masterpiece http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/Mondo-The-Thing-Screenprint-Drew-Struzan.jpg on the front and some original good art on the back.

I'm waiting patiently for a great one along with The Fly, I think these would look great together, well they do in amaray form (I organise by genre)

Reactions: ABjerg
The ugliest in my collection would have to be lock stock and two smoking barrels

Has the potential to be so good yet so poor

:drool:

Yeah, that Play.com Thing really pisses me off every time I see it. How could they butcher such a classic with that goddamn artwork.
They put the original poster art on the back with this ridiculously stupid green tint and place it horizontally???? How hard is it to just give us this Struzan masterpiece http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/Mondo-The-Thing-Screenprint-Drew-Struzan.jpg on the front and some original good art on the back.

I'm waiting patiently for a great one along with The Fly, I think these would look great together, well they do in amaray form (I organise by genre)
I'm really waiting on The Fly too! I hope it will hit the steel soon!