The UGLIEST Blu-Ray SteelBook thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
This should be a fun topic ...

What is the ugliest steelbook you've come across?

Post a pic while your at it. (google search is your friend)

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Here's my pick.
pic removed to remove thumbnail

Awesome movie, and maybe my decision to this is that the other 2 editions just looked much better. Oddly enough, its the only version of Kick Ass I even own.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I'm also not a fan of the Star Trek steel, I think something better could have been done with both of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
I hate when the j-card text and features and credits and blah is actually printed ON the steelbook. That's what the j-card is for. Don't ruin my little metal piece of art.
o26g.png

and all of the *backs of* comic book style Reel Heroes.

Last edited:
Reactions: PKAVFC and Asopp
I hate when the j-card text and features and credits and blah is actually printed ON the steelbook. That's what the j-card is for. Don't ruin my little metal piece of art.
o26g.png

and all of the comic book style Reel Heroes.

+1 Except for the Reel Heroes part i kinda like those.

Reactions: dfoles
Sorry but anything that combines two unrelated movies into one package should never get the steelbook special treatment....

7xfl.jpg

I'm cool with those bargain sets that packages two or more movies together for a low price but when they put them inside an expensive steelbook it defeats the whole damn purpose and is just UGly with a capital UG!!!

Reactions: bigducknfish
Sorry but anything that combines two unrelated movies into one package should never get the steelbook special treatment....

7xfl.jpg

I'm cool with those bargain sets that packages two or more movies together for a low price but when they put them inside an expensive steelbook it defeats the whole damn purpose and is just UGly with a capital UG!!!

Damn! I want a Moon steelbook, but that crap is not going on my shelf.

Thought not terrible from a technical standpoint, I was never a fan of the choice of this artwork, especially from a movie with such great choices.

41sf9q6eXnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

7xfl.jpg

Definitely not unrelated. Both Duncan Jones movies. Agree that the artwork is terrible though.

Same director is not enough of a connective thread in my book. Has to be at least part of the same film series. I stand by my claim that they are two unrelated films.

I agree with the Moon / Source Code Steelbook.
I hate double packs especially when they are 2 unrelated films!

Exactly, i think when peope collects steelbooks, they dont like some bargain bluray like double packs, except if the movie comes to trilogy..

The rock steelbook is the ugliest steelbook in my opinion.