The Voices (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Arrow Films) [UK]

Apr 1, 2013
London
Release: 13 July, 2015 (Live Thurs May 21 mid-day)
Purchase link:
Zavvi,
Amazon.
Price: £17.99

steel.jpg

Confirmed earlier today via Arrow's twitter feed:

Watch out for a strictly limited edition #TheVoices Fridge #Steelbook coming to the UK on July 13

https://twitter.com/ArrowFilms/status/592978657943101440

Maybe something like this?

the-voices-poster03.jpg

My favourite film of last year - I am so in for this one!

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 353
Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi exclusive?
A short lived exclusive apparently, it's been available in stock from Amazon as of today :)
(I ordered it earlier as part of the spend £50 get £10 off deal, so should have it tomorrow).

A new film that I haven't seen yet in an interesting looking steelbook at a decent price - sorely tempted, though I feel there could be more in it as it's no longer a Zavvi exclusive.
Will keep a close eye on this over the next few weeks.

Decided to jump in finally today at the price of GBP 11.99.
For anybody interested, Arrow's 'The Long Good Friday + Mona Lisa' Dual Format Boxset is available from Amazon for GBP 17.99 which compares well to the GBP 33.99 that Zavvi are asking.

EDIT: GBP 11.39 (ZVC5 still good to go).

Last edited:
Decided to jump in finally today at the price of GBP 11.99.
For anybody interested, Arrow's 'The Long Good Friday + Mona Lisa' Dual Format Boxset is available from Amazon for GBP 17.99 which compares well to the GBP 33.99 that Zavvi are asking.

EDIT: GBP 11.39 (ZVC5 still good to go).

Thank you so much buddy :thumbs::thumbs: Just ordered the Long Good friday Boxset along with Videodrome from amazon. Awesome price :thumbs::thumbs:

Annoyed as always zavvi screwing loyal customers who preorder and then they keep reducing stuff,

Reactions: Jay37
^^^^^ it was reduced merely 3 weeks after release. That sucks.

3 days, 3 weeks or 3 months - it makes no difference.

As I know from bitter experience it's not incredibly smart to order steelbooks when they 'go live' UNLESS they are high-demand items (and we can make an educated guess as to which ones are likely to sell out at pre-order) and, even then, the big ones from Disney can take ages to sell out and that's notwithstanding Zavvi's "Only 500 / 200 remaining' message nonsense.

You can probably count on the fingers of one hand - OK both hands, maybe - the number of releases truthfully 'Sold out' at pre-order out of the approx. 750 steelbooks released in the U.K. since 2008.

I take your point though, as nobody likes to pre-order a steel and see it reduced in price so soon after release but more often than not it pays to play the waiting game on most in the expectation of saving up to a fiver or more on the pre-order price but of course the risk is there :)

Last edited: