The Walking Dead Action Figures - Insider Chat

Antman

Steelbook Avenger
Premium Supporter
Feb 26, 2011
Lincolnshire, UK
This thread is dedicated to talking about the McFarlane "The Walking Dead" figures (and statues). There's someone very well connected in this thread. ;)

Purchase here

Intro.jpg

This Fall The Walking Dead comes to the toy store with McFarlane Toys action figures of Rick Grimes, Daryl Dixon, Zombie Biter and Zombie Walker. Available for purchase November 2011.

http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleries/the-walking-dead-mcfarlane-action-figures/intro.php

Last edited by a moderator:
@spawnshop I am warming more the idea of the 7" figures due to the detail etc. I don't play with my figures or mess about with the poses to much. So will Madison be released at the same time as Travis, Rick and Michonne?

No doubt, they DO look nice and detail WILL BE awesome, but IMHO its still the wrong way to sacrifice the 5" for the 7" and the BHMinis.

Image following scenario.
You have a big LEGO collection and suddenly LEGO would invent something new with slightly bigger bricks and start all over again... you get the idea ?

Reactions: shanerd
@Real Scooby Yes I fully appreciate this side of the argument having seen it both here and on a FB Memorabilia page and have followed the argument for the last couple of months. I too was frustrated back in February and felt like McFarlane was throwing us under the bus so to speak. However, my opinion has now changed in that I feel more detail and likeness would be a good thing. As I said I just display my figures nothing more so its not taking a whole lot from me just a slightly larger size.

Tbh Mcfarlane have seemed to hint that exclusives in 5" form could be a possibility so they are not ruling out a 5" Negan or Jesus and if they do so I will buy it. I would also by a 7" Jesus or Negan of which Im sure McFarlane will release. @spawnshop do you know if a Jesus/Negan figure is on the cards?

Reactions: spawnshop
@Real Scooby Yes I fully appreciate this side of the argument having seen it both here and on a FB Memorabilia page and have followed the argument for the last couple of months. I too was frustrated back in February and felt like McFarlane was throwing us under the bus so to speak. However, my opinion has now changed in that I feel more detail and likeness would be a good thing. As I said I just display my figures nothing more so its not taking a whole lot from me just a slightly larger size...

As mentioned above, I really DO appretiate mire detail and likeness and I really think they WILL be awesome for everyone who starts collecting NOW.

As for me, basicly its the same reason that stoped me from collecting Star Wars figures. I swear, I had EVERY single figure from the very first POTF-steroid wave up to deep into the black series. I quitted collecting when Hasbro decited to step back from their super-articulated figure to the retro-5-POA design. That and the re-re-re-release of the same figures over and over. I really had a single shelf full of R2-D2s and another one just filled with Vaders.

To get back, the only reason, and REALLY the only one to pick up the 7" would be, if MF would scale down the same figure to 5" and throw it into the box as an extra accessoire. But that won't happen, I know.

And the fact that the Big Heads seem to be salvaged from a possible upcoming 10th wave, makes me boycott th e 7" even more.

You might remind my ongoing whinning in a few years when MF throws out something new, maybe MEGO style with cloth accessoires and start all over again ;)

MF, give in to us TV5" lovers and keep the line coming, maybe you should cancel the 10" statues instead ;)

Reactions: kassle
Reactions: Real Scooby
People are reporting cancellations on the new WD construction sets. Is that line coming to an end?

If so what does that mean for the little big heads?

Really ?? If thats truth, I see no use for them on the long term. I hope that MF has come to mind and continue TV5" instead

spawnshop, any hints on what we may see in the coming weeks/months? Any news on what you will have at SDCC? Any developments on what has happened with the fan outcry about the cancellation of the 5in line? (I'm still hoping!)