The Wizard of Oz (75th Anniversary) (2D + 3D Blu-ray FuturePak) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 1st, 2013
Buy Link: Bestbuy.com
Amazon.com (Release date Nov 25,2014)

945755_10153080164605573_1187913231_n.jpg

Actual pictures (courtesy of urbeenjammin):

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 240
Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if I like this. First this movie should not be messed with and left alone. Second, I like the FS version a lot better. All that being said, I will more than likely pick it up, depending on back and inside art.

Reactions: Masterblaster
Very appropriate for the updated version!!! You want to stay and get left behind...?Stay away... lol...this is mine..
Once you go 3D, you never go back...

I couldn't disagree more. Half the time I find the effects overdone and in the way (especially the obvious, "hey look we're throwing something at the screen" shots that would've otherwise been thrown out on the cutting room floor) or hardly present enough to be noticeable. Hell, I still don't have 3D glasses for my plasma TV. Maybe someday 3D will feel natural and bring something to the medium, but I feel like we are still a good way off from that.

That's the same argument a few years ago about converting black and white movies to color. You are not forced to accept any conversions you don't believe in.

Very true and that's why it's just my opinion, I always prefer to watch it the way the director intended!;) Anyway back to the Steelbook!

Reactions: lolwut
Hmm. The cover looks a bit cheesy but I think it will match the blufans release of Oz alot better than the FS version. Im in for one I think.

Reactions: spookz
Glossy with nice inside art and I might be in for this.

Or a nice quality matte finish could be ok but not first choice.

Dull color robbing matte finish with blank steel on the inside and they can take a flyin leap.