USA
Release date: November 24th, 2014 (live Sunday
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £15.99
Notes: Available this Halloween season

live.jpg
interior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The back is disappointing, a nice image would have been much better. I'm glad I decided to wait for a price drop on this now.

I feel like it might sell out by the time a price drop is given? It's such a cult film, and I might be wrong – but I think horror/carpenters will take this one serious and it will become a loved steelbook. 2,000 isn't that big a print run for such a cult film. I've not seen it in person yet, but the pics look great to me.

What's the transfer like on the disc and what extras are included

I wonder is this a new transfer or is the video transfer the previous cancelled release

Got my copy today nice gloss finish, going to watch tonight. Hope we can get Ghosts of Mars steelbook, as i don't think there is one and would be a good addition to my John Carpenter collection.

What's the transfer like on the disc and what extras are included

I wonder is this a new transfer or is the video transfer the previous cancelled release

Apparently it's the slightly inferior Japanese transfer (it's slightly cropped to make it look like it's original 2.35:1 ratio and only with DTS-MA 2.0 audio

I don't mind the text on this, at least it covers the whole back and isn't a little quote in the middle. It's a nice looking Steelbook!:thumbs:

it doenst have text on the back its the j,card you must be thinking about,
on the back it has all the laws that u see while wearing the sun glasses,
its really a nice steelbook..

That's what I actually meant. I know it's an integral part of the film, but I just prefer imagery on Steelbooks. After all it's the main reason I got into this hobby. :)

• Informative
Reactions: yardman
Film companies/Steelbook manufacturers take note:

THIS
is how you do a blu ray steelbook.

High gloss, great quality steelbook, the original eighties movie poster art. Stunning.

The transfer is again stunning, looks like it was filmed a week ago, clear crisp picture, vibrant colours, great audio.

And the menus are thought out well, great relevant fonts and graphics, the extras menu in black and white as if you have the glasses on, frickin brilliant.

When dvd first came out studios paid a lot of attention to their menus and made them animated, interesting and had the geek out factor for fans (ghostbusters and monster squad for example). Studios have gotten lazy now with flat menus and no thought into them.

They Live has gone back to well thought out menus and presentation, best steel I've bought this year (and that's saying something!).

Received mine today but unfortunately damaged. The Steelbook is slightly bent with a dent on the top.
The box was in perfect condition so it was obviously packed like this already