Thor (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #14) [China]

domalorite

Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
Release date: April, 2015
Print run: 2000 (1300 for Lenticular & 700 for 1/4 slip)
Notes: 3D+2D region free discs. 3D disc is worldwide edition.
WEA embossed front steelbook with WEA full height lenticular slip cover.
Finish will be matte with spot gloss
Includes 4 postcards similar to IM finish.
Group buy: HDN Blufans Marvel GB

1.jpg

2.jpg 3.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Am correct in thinking this is the only premium for this movie?
Only lenti too?

Dislike the red lenti but it’s one of k ky 3 MCU I don’t have a lenti for and it’s driving me mad(others being IM2+3)

Reactions: Terrifier
Yes, this one is amazing edition.

I don't want to show off, but I got my copy a bit more than one year ago for 60$ shipping included. Oops, I just showed off!

Yes, this one is amazing edition.

I don't want to show off, but I got my copy a bit more than one year ago for 60$ shipping included. Oops, I just showed off!
How did you manage that? That seller must've been soft in the head! :spoil:

These have been selling in the 3 figure sum now for years and he sells it for below cost (with the shipping included) Or was there a partial trade with it?

I picked my copy up mid-2017 and it was roughly the most expensive steelbook I'd ever bought.
I never regretted it, it's absolutely stunning but at the time it seemed like a lot of money. I'd buy 10 at that price now.
I wonder if we'll ever look back at the prices they're going for now and consider them a steal.

I have the red Thor lenti and I don't think it's all that personally. The steelbook itself is absolutely remarkable so I get that, but I'm not so keen on the slip.

Obviously it's part of my collection so its going nowhere, but I don't get the all the hype over the lenti release more than the steelbook itself.

Horses for courses and all that.
Agreed
Steelbook fantastic.
Lenti very disappointing.

I have the red Thor lenti and I don't think it's all that personally. The steelbook itself is absolutely remarkable so I get that, but I'm not so keen on the slip.

Obviously it's part of my collection so its going nowhere, but I don't get the all the hype over the lenti release more than the steelbook itself.

Horses for courses and all that.
Agreed
Steelbook fantastic.
Lenti very disappointing.
Yep, have to agree with you.

Slipcover is very overrated. But it doesn't have any other competition as a premium so is a must have for now.

Steelbook is the winner though.

Yep, have to agree with you.

Slipcover is very overrated. But it doesn't have any other competition as a premium so is a must have for now.

Steelbook is the winner though.
I honestly don't get it. For a very long time now it's been at the forefront of what some collector's like to call "a grail" and I think a bit of 'lets jump on the grail train' is where this one has ran away with itself. Rather than genuinely adoring the lenti itself, the hike in price and what it sells for is where the real love is at lol. For many yes it's probably a nice presentable piece of artwork but I'm not seeing it myself.

As I say, the steelbook is the gorgeous however.

Hmm I've got to disagree. In fact I think I like the minimalist aesthetic of the HMV version more than the blufans.
It's the red lenticular that makes this release worth the hype! How many deep red lenticulars are there. The depth behind the title is pretty impressive and it's one of the shaper lenticulars.
It definitely stands out against almost every other lenticular slip out there.
To each their own :thumbs:

I don’t own it. Turned down an offer around 6 months ago for £120.
Not that I can’t afford it, but I don’t find it worth that much.

I think Thor (and the second one) will have an UHD release in the future (like Captain America now) and it will be re-released (I hope) :D
And if not....so be it.

Reactions: St4rlord
Hmm I've got to disagree. In fact I think I like the minimalist aesthetic of the HMV version more than the blufans.
It's the red lenticular that makes this release worth the hype! How many deep red lenticulars are there. The depth behind the title is pretty impressive and it's one of the shaper lenticulars.
It definitely stands out against almost every other lenticular slip out there.
To each their own :thumbs:
I fully agree about the slip. Every once in a while I catch my girlfriend French kissing my Thor Blufans lenti. Can there be a greater testament to it?

• Haha
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn