Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 14th, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: Standalone release. Includes 2D + 3D.

1.jpg

2.jpg 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its strange seeing Zavvi steels profit much more than the premium Marvel releases. I thiink @Flash you mentioned before how some collectors would pay much for the English J Cards? Well this is the same. Some collectors only want Marvel steels in English and in the same theme which Zavvi are all doing. All the premium steels are all released from different retailers you have mix up. I can just see these Zavvi Lenti's driving up in price by all the completionist out there. I don't even have a Thor Lenti Zavvi! Could had got one for about £35 but passed a few months ago. Now I can't even find one under £40 excluding shipping!

Reactions: Flash and lgans316
As we can now request for steels on the same thread, anyone have a spare Thor Zavvi Lenti sealed for sale or trade for a decent price? Thanks :)

Its strange seeing Zavvi steels profit much more than the premium Marvel releases. I thiink @Flash you mentioned before how some collectors would pay much for the English J Cards? Well this is the same. Some collectors only want Marvel steels in English and in the same theme which Zavvi are all doing. All the premium steels are all released from different retailers you have mix up. I can just see these Zavvi Lenti's driving up in price by all the completionist out there. I don't even have a Thor Lenti Zavvi! Could had got one for about £35 but passed a few months ago. Now I can't even find one under £40 excluding shipping!

Yes I mean I only want ideally UK steels with English J cards, won't pay a huge amount more but if it's a small amount then yes would much prefer that. I know alot of people don't like many zavvi releases. I really like the lenticular waves had we not already spent too much on the original HMV Thor (on eBay) I would have got this it's gorgeous and sold out so will command a lot for people after it.

Did you not want to order it when it was first released?

Was never really fussed about it at the time. Thought it be around for a while as it was the third uk steel and wanted to wait for the price drop which never came! Instead it was scalped and looks I'm about to be a victim of scalp :rofl:

Yes I mean I only want ideally UK steels with English J cards, won't pay a huge amount more but if it's a small amount then yes would much prefer that. I know alot of people don't like many zavvi releases. I really like the lenticular waves had we not already spent too much on the original HMV Thor (on eBay) I would have got this it's gorgeous and sold out so will command a lot for people after it.

Did you not want to order it when it was first released?

Reactions: Flash
Jeez this is going for £60+ on ebay,... nuts, i actually sold my thor hmv for this (i realise that wouldnt sit well with many) as i prefer this artwork, and whilst i still do anything over £20 for this release is waaaaay over priced.

Although this sells for quite a bit the steelbook doesn't get better due to the high prices people pay!!! Still looks cheap compared to the original and the blufans one!
This.

I traded this to another ninja as it was the least impressive of all the lenticular magnet range.

I bought this about a month and a half ago and it was the Zavvi lenti in mint condition as well. I suppose there are no guarantees though but you can always send it back if you're not happy with it

I have the original HMV one can't double dip it was to help out other ninjas who were looking for this @sunnyx

• Thanks
Reactions: sunnyx
Thor's first attempt at pottery leaves him a little upset...

big_thumb_e269f2b9d4dd65b39cc797a98c7c55ae.jpg

Thats would have been a perfect still for the inside art instead of the total crap we got. Fits the front artwork. Think im going to adjust that myself :D Thanks for the idea!

I really like the zavvi lenticular it's one of my favourites! I have all four Steelbooks simply because they all look awesome!
View attachment 264417

I'm surprised you say that considering it's so dull compared to the bottom two

And yes I have this in hand, i like the image they used but it's so dull, washed out and it just don't pop

I think I prefer the first zavvi re release to this which is quite a bright matte

I think it's an ok steelbook and I like the idea of the lenticular magnet, although not how it turned out - as the image on the magnet is smaller. A lack of thought about the design process I suppose. But the original is the best and the blufans, with the addition of some clouds, is a pretty lazy effort.