UpsetSmiley

The Ninja with True Grit
Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2014
United Kingdom
Release Date: April 15, 2015
Purchase link: Thor: Tales of Asgard
Price: £17.99

Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Black Friday Special #4.
First time ever on Blu-ray in the UK. Limited to 2000 copies.

01.jpg

02.jpg
00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered all 4 yesterday, but today I've cancelled them. As nice as they look, just like Ultimate Avengers, they'll struggle to sell even on the bay. I have these on DVD, so they're not essential. At £9.99 I may have kept them, but £72 in all is too much.

think i'm going to cancel this and the 3 others, £72 is a lot to come of in one go. don't mind the animated versions being released but come on zavvi at least spread out the release dates a bit rather than 4 on the same day

this is the only one i haven't seen, but looking at the front artwork, it looks quite crap, the perspective of the arm is all off, and just noticing, what the hell is he doing holding a sword? where's the hammer? more i think about these the more i think - CANCEL, i love my animated stuff (comics and movies) but these just aren't very good

That's a damn good point - why has he got a sword!?! :confused:

this is the only one i haven't seen, but looking at the front artwork, it looks quite crap, the perspective of the arm is all off, and just noticing, what the hell is he doing holding a sword? where's the hammer? more i think about these the more i think - CANCEL, i love my animated stuff (comics and movies) but these just aren't very good
He's holding a sword because the film is about Thor and Loki going on a quest to find the Sword of Surtur. Which you'd know if you'd seen the film.

Also, this is set before Thor was given Mjolnir. So no hammer.

• Informative
Reactions: snooloui
Strangely they haven't changed the date for this yet which i hope they don't!

So I messaged Zavvi a few months ago and told them if there was anyway to change my card details for things I've pre ordered since I got a new card. They told me that I would have to wait until it says there is something wrong with my card payment when it's supposed to be sent out. So anyway despite them changign the date they still tried to charge my card, I then changed the payment options and yet they still cancelled them.

Now they are sold out

Just to make sure I'm not the one in the wrong here am I, especially if they haven't been sent off yet with the date change

So I messaged Zavvi a few months ago and told them if there was anyway to change my card details for things I've pre ordered since I got a new card. They told me that I would have to wait until it says there is something wrong with my card payment when it's supposed to be sent out. So anyway despite them changign the date they still tried to charge my card, I then changed the payment options and yet they still cancelled them.

Now they are sold out

Just to make sure I'm not the one in the wrong here am I, especially if they haven't been sent off yet with the date change
I wouldn't worry I'm sure they will be back as cancellations and people who get it cancelled due to not having the funds in their account.

I wouldn't worry I'm sure they will be back as cancellations and people who get it cancelled due to not having the funds in their account.

I'm not worried I'm just ticked off at Zavvi for what they did. Saying it was because of a payment problem at first which I corrected straight away, then they still cancelled my order and now I find out they haven't even been released which shows that they cancelled it for no reason. They are acting like it's my fault when they told me to wait for them to send the email to correct it...which I did. Lots of other sites allow you to amend your orders and change card payments before they are dispatched and here's them saying it's "impossible"

I'm not worried I'm just ticked off at Zavvi for what they did. Saying it was because of a payment problem at first which I corrected straight away, then they still cancelled my order and now I find out they haven't even been released which shows that they cancelled it for no reason. They are acting like it's my fault when they told me to wait for them to send the email to correct it...which I did. Lots of other sites allow you to amend your orders and change card payments before they are dispatched and here's them saying it's "impossible"

They still live in the stoneage mate. Shocking company. I'm starting to think everything is just written on paper instead of computer systems.

They still live in the stoneage mate. Shocking company. I'm starting to think everything is just written on paper instead of computer systems.

Doesn't help when every new message I get is from a different person, I feel like I'm repeating the argument. How hard is it to put an order back in for a user.

By the way if everyone wants to know, they gave me the impression that the Steelbooks should and I said SHOULD go back online on 15/04/2015

They said...

"I am very sorry for any inconvenience or frustration caused, unfortunately as this order has been cancelled we are unable to re-instate it. However I can confirm we are set to recieve stock of the "Hulk Vs", "Doctor Strange" and "Planet Hulk" steelbooks on 15/04/2015."

Now I don't know if he's talking about the date change but why tell me they have cancelled my order then rub my face into the fact the date has changed. Doesn't make sense does it

Thing is he told me that but when I asked about Big Hero Six and Avengers Assemble to see if they will go back up another guy said

"I'm sorry but finding out cancellations for productions is unfortunately impossible, I'm sorry about the inconvenience this has caused you"

Zavvi is a mess

Last edited:
Doesn't help when every new message I get is from a different person, I feel like I'm repeating the argument. How hard is it to put an order back in for a user.

By the way if everyone wants to know, they gave me the impression hat the Steelbooks should and I said SHOULD go back online on 15/04/2015

They said...

"I am very sorry for any inconvenience or frustration caused, unfortunately as this order has been cancelled we are unable to re-instate it. However I can confirm we are set to recieve stock of the "Hulk Vs", "Doctor Strange" and "Planet Hulk" steelbooks on 15/04/2015."

Now I don't know if he's talking about the date change but why tell me they have cancelled my order then rub my face into the fact the date has changed. Doesn't make sense does it

Thing is he told me that but when I asked about Big Hero Six and Avengers Assemble to see if they will go back up another guy said

"I'm sorry but finding out cancellations for productions is unfortunately impossible, I'm sorry about the inconvenience this has caused you"

Zavvi is a mess

I hear you on this; Currently, i'm soon to move out, so all pre orders i've made have had to be delivered to my work address. However, I am currently in the process of applying for more jobs, and ideally by the time releases such as Big Hero 6 are released, I won't be here anymore.

With Zavvi being Zavvi, they don't allow you to change delivery addresses once an order is placed due to it being a 'security issue' (funny how every online retailer let you use the facility of changing delivery address before delivery is despatched...) Ugh...

Reactions: Flloydo

By the way if everyone wants to know, they gave me the impression hat the Steelbooks should and I said SHOULD go back online on 15/04/2015

They said...

Zavvi is a mess

I have the exact same problem with them. Sick of a different person replying and not answering my previous message and each time having to say look at my last message and waiting another 24 hours or longer.

I hear you on this; Currently, i'm soon to move out, so all pre orders i've made have had to be delivered to my work address. However, I am currently in the process of applying for more jobs, and ideally by the time releases such as Big Hero 6 are released, I won't be here anymore.

With Zavvi being Zavvi, they don't allow you to change delivery addresses once an order is placed due to it being a 'security issue' (funny how every online retailer let you use the facility of changing delivery address before delivery is despatched...) Ugh...

I'm in the same position mate and will be moving probably in the next 5 or 6 months and currently looking. For work again.
They annoy me so much

Reactions: Andycadle84

They said...

Zavvi is a mess

Hold on they have changed the date for 3 of them so why are they telling you they will be bcak on 14/04. Man they need to sort themselves out

Hold on they have changed the date for 3 of them so why are they telling you they will be bcak on 14/04. Man they need to sort themselves out

That's what I'm wondering, I thought at first "Oh they are telling me when they are going to go live again, that's something I suppose" but then I saw the date they gave me was the same date as the NEW release date.

So did they just rub it in my face and say "Oh yeah we cancelled your order for a payment issue but we get them in stock on the 15/04 so we cancelled your order for NO REASON"

Now it seems more clear that they just told me the new release date but why the hell tell me they can't give me my orders back and then tell me the new release day, it's such a slap in the face. I'm going to keep arguing though, I was looking really forward to these and it's bad enough because of the lack of communication I missed Big Hero 6 and Avengers Assembled.

It's their fault so I want them to at least compensate me in some way

That's what I'm wondering, I thought at first "Oh they are telling me when they are going to go live again, that's something I suppose" but then I saw the date they gave me was the same date as the NEW release date.

So did they just rub it in my face and say "Oh yeah we cancelled your order for a payment issue but we get them in stock on the 15/04 so we cancelled your order for NO REASON"

Now it seems more clear that they just told me the new release date but why the hell tell me they can't give me my orders back and then tell me the new release day, it's such a slap in the face. I'm going to keep arguing though, I was looking really forward to these and it's bad enough because of the lack of communication I missed Big Hero 6 and Avengers Assembled.

It's their fault so I want them to at least compensate me in some way

Yeah don't give up. They might of meant Thor because that date hasn't changed. I wouldnt be surprised if a few get sent out next week! Useless