Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 25th, 2014
Purchase link: Thor: The Dark World
Best Buy SKU: 3781037
Price: $29.99
Group Buy: Click here
Notes: Matte finish, debossed title on front cover with title on spine, inside artwork

thor-BB.jpg

uvesehas.jpg

e4y4y3y6.jpg

bepaparu.jpg

a6emutys.jpg

y2a7e5ud.jpg

y3y7y7at.jpg

y7ahanar.jpg

uvesehas.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Im from California...been collecting Steelbooks hardcore for over a year & a half, got 150+ ....So far, no other US release has come close to the THOR 2 BB steelbook. Finally we get a great, worthy Release! Unless Blufans pulls a rabbit out of a hat, it's THOR 2 Best Buy for the WIN! As far as the actual steel goes, not slip. I know this great of a release is far and few between for US collectors, so savor this one.

•A photo of the THOR 2 Blu Ray display shelves at Best Buy 2/25/14 after I secured the area...pic

Well ZDT and GI Joe being gloss and very well done are just as good for me. Granted I like Thor better so there is the madness that comes with that. But with some awesome gloss and print finishes on the horizon I'm glad that 2014 will be an awesome year. Kinda like how I was saying this in 2013 :thumbs:

Well ZDT and GI Joe being gloss and very well done are just as good for me. Granted I like Thor better so there is the madness that comes with that. But with some awesome gloss and print finishes on the horizon I'm glad that 2014 will be an awesome year. Kinda like how I was saying this in 2013 :thumbs:

What is a "print" finish? (maybe I misunderstood what you are trying to say - either way - bring on the awesome steels!!)

P.S. I agree ZDT and G.I.Joe are top notch!!

I agree The GI Joe Retaliation Walmart SB is of great quality. The Steelbook is actually better than the movie itself! I removed the DVD disc and inserted a Blu ray of Rise of the Cobra. Now it's a double feature! No need to buy the first SB because I don't really like the GI Joe films that much at all, but I love the Retaliation SB.

Missed ZDT, but again not too crazy about the film! Act of Valor was much better!

Thor 2 BB for the WIN!!! I actually like both Thor films a lot! Can't wait to see more of The Collector in guardians. I heard Benicio is unreal in character! Fu**er was mean too in Savages!

Please let the US get quality SB releases of WORTHY TITLES!!!

Collectors really hope BB get to order more in and restock, so that everyone gets a chance to own a copy. Another 6k copies should benefit all. I hope that you're reading this BB Buyers.

Reactions: Orange Splice
Mine's on the way!!! Wahoooo!!! Can't wait to get this, haven't been this excited about a Steelbook release for a long time

Reactions: MGD
Collectors really hope BB get to order more in and restock, so that everyone gets a chance to own a copy. Another 6k copies should benefit all. I hope that you're reading this BB Buyers.

Defeats the object of being limited then surely. Isn't the draw of a steel book that it has different artwork and limited? If the released 10k+ then it would just be another "amaray" The magic would be lost IMO.

I've just written a letter to their Head Office saying that collectors want a reprint. I didn't want to think of anyone missing out. In fairness, I asked they limit the reprint to only 10k to make everyone happy. ; )

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
I've just written a letter to their Head Office saying that collectors want a reprint. I didn't want to think of anyone missing out. In fairness, I asked they limit the reprint to only 10k to make everyone happy. ; )

Define collectors?? sorry you mean yourself because you didn't bother with a groupbuy here maybe and now feel you may have missed out maybe?

I don't agree. In my opinion that's part of the game and makes it exciting. :scat:

I agree, whats the point of it being limited if they reprint it on the request of the minority.

i'm off the two opionons above and agree completely if steels keep getting reprints the word limited means nothing and devalues the point of collecting, if they did you may as well collect bus tickets and be done with it.

basil :movie:

Hold the horses! No to worry, I've written a certified letter to the President of Disney demanding to stop the reprint! :hilarious::hilarious:

I personally am NOT in favor of a reprint, because I prepared, pre ordered, and took time off work to ensure my copies of this Exciting new Steelbook. Bur if it was IM FS...... :hilarious:

Only Joking but, we should do a POLL up in hea and put it to a VOTE!

To Re-Print or NOT Re-Print, that is the Question.

Who can help with a POLL of this nature my Ninjas????

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316
Haha, sorry guys, we're not going to add a poll that encourages reprints. For years the very nature of 'collectibles' and 'limited' editions attracted people because they were limited. With a wide variety of releases coming to the market place and an overwhelming preference for items that are limited as much as possible by our community, we're not contributing to that.

Reprint? No.
Different version? Yeah ok, I can deal with that.
There are some films I own two different steels of, so I wouldn't mind if they did a completely different design. But as far a a direct reprint goes, that does take away from an item being limited and collectible, as has been mentioned already.

Reactions: 8bitninja