Under the Skin (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (WEA) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: July 14, 2014
Purchase link: Under the skin (Sold Out!)
Price: £24.99
Notes: WEA, Limited to 2000 copies.

10952045-1398870939-699953.jpg

10952045-1398870939-699949.jpg
10952045-1398870939-699887.jpg 10952045-1398870939-699873.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
you just have to look at Scarlett's expressions when people tell here they don't live alone..she switches from being over friendly to cold in a heartbeat-as if she's missed an opportunity. made more impressive by the fact that most of the guys she picks up weren't actors per se...
Definately got more out of this on repeat viewing than when I saw it at the cinema. Visually stunning..& the bit on the beach is messed up

i also received my 2 copies last week - 1 dented, one mint.

after watching the film, i understand why some members don't like it - i'm definitely into complex niche and arthouse films, but this one was very very slow in some scenes, even for my taste i wished some scenes should be more on point and not challenging my patience that much.

what i liked: the soundtrack is amazing, very haunting music that fits very well. i liked some of the ideas with visualization, and the atmosphere is very tense, too. + s.j. was gorgeous in her role.

Finally got round to opening and watching this today. The steel look MUCH MUCH better without the shrink wrap. It pops so much more.

As for the film. I loved it. thought it was excellent. I can see why it's not a film everyone would enjoy. A few of my friends would hate this if I got them to watch it. For me it's as polarising as Holy Motors. I hated Holy Motors when I first saw it. Couldn't understand why it got 5 stars in lots of reviews. However, I couldn't stop thinking about it and it took about a week for me to appreciate it. It grew on me so much I now own the excellent Spanish Slip Cover.

Can't wait to see this movie, been a while I have it but with the weird reviews doesn't make me wanna watch it to relax... it seems like it's an experience... Makes me think of when I saw Jacob's ladder...from what people say... the weirdness of it but it's on my list.

can't wait for Lucy, I adore Scarlett !

Can't wait to see this movie, been a while I have it but with the weird reviews doesn't make me wanna watch it to relax... it seems like it's an experience...
Indeed, my advice is watch this film when you have some time to think :p rather than as something to relax during.

When I watched this I was super tired and almost switched it off to get some sleep half way though, I'm glad I didn't though because by the end of the film I was pretty much mesmerised.
I really need to find the time to watch it again, I've been wanting to since I watched it the first time.

Reactions: Rotor1999
Love the Steelbook & I loved this film & although it's not a horror movie one scene in particular made me jump and scared the hell out of me. Many who've watched this might guess the bit I'm talking about but don't want to spoil for others.The brilliant soundtrack also plays a huge part in this film. As well as the steel I've also bought the black amaray with the slipcover which has great colours when it catches the light not often I double dip but this film stayed with me
I can understand why people don't like it but this is my type of movie. Did anyone else find this as scary as I did?

Reactions: jitstark
Love the Steelbook & I loved this film & although it's not a horror movie one scene in particular made me jump and scared the hell out of me. Many who've watched this might guess the bit I'm talking about but don't want to spoil for others.The brilliant soundtrack also plays a huge part in this film. As well as the steel I've also bought the black amaray with the slipcover which has great colours when it catches the light not often I double dip but this film stayed with me
I can understand why people don't like it but this is my type of movie. Did anyone else find this as scary as I did?

There were multiple scenes which I found very creepy that will stay with me for a long time. Just thinking about this film makes me want to watch it again.

Reactions: Travis Bickle
I wasn't expecting too much from this movie and in the end still got a bit disappointed. I haven't watched the explanation video, but am still trying to figure out what the main message of the movie is ... I mean, I hope there actually is one :drool: besides a woman-shaped alien punishing men for their lewdness.

I think I know which scene, ugh quite disturbing.

Reactions: Travis Bickle
I just received this and I'm torn on opening it or not. Does anybody think this particular steel will increase in value over time since it was such a limited number? I love the movie and have seen it multiple times, but I will open it if this doesn't have any potential value in the future

I just received this and I'm torn on opening it or not. Does anybody think this particular steel will increase in value over time since it was such a limited number? I love the movie and have seen it multiple times, but I will open it if this doesn't have any potential value in the future

Hi dude.

I think the fact your are debating it already, you should keep it sealed. Yeah, it will go up in value, but not by a lot.

However, value wise it's best to keep em sealed.

Get the amaray, as it sounds like your gunna regret opening it buddy :thumbs:

Reactions: kp404
Hi dude.

I think the fact your are debating it already, you should keep it sealed. Yeah, it will go up in value, but not by a lot.

However, value wise it's best to keep em sealed.

Get the amaray, as it sounds like your gunna regret opening it buddy :thumbs:

Thanks. I usually am pretty clear on which steels I open and not, but this one was difficult; advice taken:thumbs:

Reactions: PKAVFC