Under the Skin (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (WEA) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: July 14, 2014
Purchase link: Under the skin (Sold Out!)
Price: £24.99
Notes: WEA, Limited to 2000 copies.

10952045-1398870939-699953.jpg

10952045-1398870939-699949.jpg
10952045-1398870939-699887.jpg 10952045-1398870939-699873.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Still haven't watched the film, should I buy it for £27.99 from Zavvi outlet off the bay? It's a bit steep for me but for a one off. Even when I do get around to watching the film I'll leave the Steelbook sealed just incase I hate it, lol.

this was a funny thing. i watched it. and for the most part, it was interesting, even though i really was confused most of the time. the cinematography is excellent. and scarjo's performance is great. but yeah, i definitely was scratching my head during most of the movie. so i looked it up on imdb.com and read the plot summary and some of the critique... after that, the movie made MUCH more sense, and i actually think i like it....

i don't know. just my two cents.

Reactions: karmasux96
Watched this over the weekend. So much better than Tree of Life but still an utter garbage. Total waste of time. Zero replay value . Absolute torture.

I really don't get how the two films can be thought of in the same vain at all. The Tree of Life is an all encompassing poetic masterpiece, whereas this is (imo) a bit of a throwaway affair, the only redeeming features of which are Scarlett's prized assets.

Absolutely love this.

01ZFVvW.jpg

1F6GNWb.jpg

EW4RmtG.jpg

2BTrDe3.jpg

lecixxA.jpg

okRplO6.jpg

PxffiuO.jpg

v0lSU3p.jpg

Amazing how much better it looks unsealed!

I really don't get how the two films can be thought of in the same vain at all. The Tree of Life is an all encompassing poetic masterpiece, whereas this is (imo) a bit of a throwaway affair, the only redeeming features of which are Scarlett's prized assets.

I was really looking forward to both films. I fell asleep during The Tree of Life. Hated it. Under the Skin - I'm not sure what to think of it yet. I loved the cinematography and score, but the plot seemed like they were making it up as they went along.

i watched this a second time recently with a good friend, and while at with my first watch i also was not sure what to think about it (like many others, loved cinematography and even more the fabulous soundtrack, but thought it was a bit too slow and didn't get the plot...), the second time i watched it, i was truly blown away. so many small (symbolic) things i missed the first time, and i think i got now what's this movie is all about. we had to discuss it for several hours after the film had ended.

this really grows at second sight. already one of ma favorite films of the year.

Was waiting for this to come back in stock and yesterday it finally did for a few hours. Got my "despatch-email" this morning. Can't wait to see if it is really a) the steelbook and b) in sealed/mint condition. Loved that movie and it was one of my favourites of 2014 together with "Enemy" and "Whiplash" - also 2 of my favourite steelbooks !