Under the Skin (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (WEA) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: July 14, 2014
Purchase link: Under the skin (Sold Out!)
Price: £24.99
Notes: WEA, Limited to 2000 copies.

10952045-1398870939-699953.jpg

10952045-1398870939-699949.jpg
10952045-1398870939-699887.jpg 10952045-1398870939-699873.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless it's gloss it should be £15 max imo :)

Gloss has noting to do with the price

It has to be a placeholder price

€30.99 at total absolute no way paying that nor should anyone that's just ridiculous and NUTS

This release should be only £19.99 or at a stretch to the max £22.99 and that's even then to much
The Max should be no more than £21.99 in my opinion

Last edited:
Does to me.

It was a Matte Finish or a Gloss finish price should be exact same

The cost to do a gloss finish with a bulk order is very low

Plenty of Gloss Finish Steelbooks are same price as Matte Finish Steelbooks

You should not be expecting to pay more for any steelbook just because its a gloss finish

Last edited:
Pretty sure they're creating demand with terms like "strictly limited" and "world exclusive art". In reality much it's a bit of a gamble and StudioCanal are probably even more hesitant than they were with Rush so have made it an exclusive title to try and make it more desirable. Most people aren't going to enjoy the film if they're blind-buying it. If this is the final price I will not be getting it - £10 over asking price for the disc so really not worth it at all.

Also that release date must be a placeholder, or else this is just silly and they'll just be alienating fans of the film who obviously aren't going to wait 2 months extra for some fancy packaging!

It was a Matte Finish or a Gloss finish price should be exact same

The cost to do a gloss finish with a bulk order is very low

Plenty of Gloss Finish Steelbooks are same price as Matte Finish Steelbooks

You should not be expecting to pay more for any steelbook just because its a gloss finish

I believe Wreck stated that gloss costs more to do than matte. Off course this isn't an excuse to charge more as there have been some very nice full gloss steelbooks released at standard prices. I think this should be £19.99 at the most, anymore than that and I would give it a miss.

I'd even pay the 30 € just to have Scarlett on the front, nothing less, nothing more ... :emb: ... :p now that's the best artwork I've seen for a long time. Simplicity, purity, and hopefully (yes!) no em-/debossing.

There ain't no hesitation in this case!

Is there any chance this could have a 'Little Mermaid' sparkle effect used on it like what Howiesteed does?? It kind of looks like that from the pics.....

Reactions: lolwut
Does this film warrant a blind buy?

Obviously, I haven't seen it but the reviews seen to be very mixed and the trailer is just downright strange!!

I suppose I could always purchase and if I don't enjoy it just sell it on....

Last edited:
Does this film warrant a blind buy?

Obviously, I haven't seen it but the reviews seen to be very mixed and the trailer is just downright strange!!

I suppose I could always purchase and if I don't enjoy it just sell it on....

If you appreciate challenging Sci-Fi with an astonishing central performance and an art house aesthetic, I'd say unequivocally yes!

If the generic films of Michael Bay and Paul W.S. Anderson are the limit of your taste, I'd say no. :thumbs: