Underworld: Awakening (3D Blu-ray SteelBook)(Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

GVZER

苦い
Premium Supporter
Jun 3, 2010
Deep Deep Hole
Please be aware, some if not many, Best Buy stores have assigned the same sku to the Lenticular version, as they have to the Steelbook version. So if you ordered online based on the sku shown in the initial pictures that surfaced, you may not receive a Steelbook, but a Lenticular version.

Found some info on an other forum, this one has been confirmd as a Best Buy Exclusive in the USA. Region free.

attachment.php

Release date: May 8th 2012
Price: $24.99
Region: A, B and C
Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD MA, French 5.1 DTS-HD MA
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Additional pictures (thanks to ash333) -
kate1.jpg

kate2.jpg

kate3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wow not happy

You can always get a copy of Act of Valor instead, I don't mind at all. I've done that with MayFlower and I'm going to offer the same to any of you who wants to. Can't really give you guys refunds, I have all the money converted into $3400 worth of Future Shop gift cards (easier to carry than cash :p ).

Let me know what you want to do, either stick to the GB or use your payment to pay for Act of Valor (which is most probably going to be sold for the same price the first days).

Wow, I don't think anyone saw this coming from Bestbuy but it bears well for future releases like Act of Valor and John Carter. Just saying....

Underworld: Awakening (2D/3D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Found some info on an other forum, this one has been confirmd as a Best Buy Exclusive in the USA.

565195.jpg

Credits goes to: DetroitSportsFan at BD forum

Release date: May 8th 2012
Price: $24.99

Based on the sku in picture, this is the correct item.
Buy Link

Last edited by a moderator:
so is that the first best buy steelbook that is a g2?
they announced it so close to the release date, weird

No, there were others such as Salt, Scarface, the original Disney wave from a few years back. But they are far and few in between. And yes it is surprising and weird to hear and see this so close to the release date. I suspect it has something to do with the announcement of stores closing that this type of information could easily get lost in the daily flow or simply is of a lower priority.

Last couple of Sony releases were Walmart exclusives - battle la and resident evil afterlife.

Didn't really know about them until release day.

Been expecting a steel, bit of surprise to see it at best buy, tho.

Sku in the pic matches the sku on best buy.com, so you should be safe ordering the 3d version and getting steel.

Just did my in store pickup. :cool:

Also remember for US members, you can bring in a dvd for trade & save - get $5 off. This is one of the titles that qualify. ;)

Reactions: ocielz