Purchase link: Wall-E
Retro Zbox & Wall-e bundle
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

WALLE.jpg

walle2.jpg walle3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe people are biting at the z-box option, seriously?
Mr zavvi is sat on a pile of steels but he won't sell them unless we shell out twice the amount of money for a poxy box of tat.
C'mon guys and gals, give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile.

i think the same. i watched this unboxing earlier, you can hear her disappointment and anger as she rummages through this box of rubbish.

it says it all that the wall E comes with the zbox, and not in the zbox as a surprise. because zavvi know the only reason people will purchase the zbox is if they KNOW they are getting wall E. the zbox is practically worthless but they are using it as a crafty tool to double the retail price of something many people want.

Reactions: Punker76
i think the same. i watched this unboxing earlier, you can hear her disappointment and anger as she rummages through this box of rubbish.

it says it all that the wall E comes with the zbox, and not in the zbox as a surprise. because zavvi know the only reason people will purchase the zbox is if they KNOW they are getting wall E. the zbox is practically worthless but they are using it as a crafty tool to double the retail price of something many people want.

Whoa, she was NOT impressed. Not surprised that Zavvi fumbled the Zboxes.

I've seen a few of these unboxings and every Zbox is dreadful, no wonder nobody wants them!

I will repeat my review of the Guardians Zbox - 'a shoebox of shite'.

Yup, my friend bought that particular box and swore never to purchase another.

Can't Ninjas take a stance against this unfair practice? There's gotta be something dodgy about making people pay for unwanted tat in order to make the purchase they really want?.....

I ordered the zbox bundle simply because I missed out because I was at work. Nothing I can do about that and there will be people missing out on any pre-order. I was waiting and made myself available when the original pre-order time was going to be live until it changed.

I have no doubt Zavvi do this trick, to give us the perception that the pre-order is limited by releasing small batches each time to sell out, and there are scalpers that will take this opportunity all the time. They are giving the customers the 'fear of loss' perception so you quickly put your orders in. Indy steelbooks are a perfect example. Zavvi did this perfectly, making us sell this out. Now all these silly scalpers are holding several copies having difficulty selling this for what they have bought.

But remember we don't have to order their mechanise and no one is forcing you to. They are a company and want to make as much money as possible. That is why everytime I want to return a damaged steel they make you send a photo, then they ask if you want a silly discount, then you have to go and return this to one of the shops that have collect plus so there's more travelling and time. They do this deliberately to put you off returning it.

There be some steels that sell out for a genuine reason. Mostly all the others is Zavvi playing the game.

Well with the zbox I can always cancel this. I have a few weeks to decide still :)

Reactions: psychoscot
I remembered when I pre-ordered one copy of Frozen zavvi on pretty much release date. It came with a massive dent. Returned immediately and they had nothing left. No reserve copies, awful. I refused to pay stupid prices for this because Zavvi did not at least hold a few reserves. Wish Play.com were back :(

Last edited:
Reactions: shiftyraccoon
Whoa! I just realised this sold out at €35. Why is this particular title so expensive. Is it the 3D version?

The Lion King wasn't that expensive.

I'm sure Wall-e has sold out A. off the back of The Incredibles selling out rapidly, and B. due to holding back stock for the dreaded Z-box (dreaded that is, if I'm allowed to have an opinion on things any more!)

Whatever the case, I feel it will come back into stock at some point - they generally do. But I imagine Zavvi will hold the price for as long as they can.

As for complaint about the artwork - I can't see the problem with the yellow band - which is surely a wall being peered around and is in context as a play on the title.

Maybe I'm easily pleased in this instance . . .

Last edited:
I dunno if y'all remember, but a little while ago DigitalBabe posted a poll asking us what Pixar/Disney steelbook we would like to see next. The response was pretty expected...

8mP8kyk.jpg

Wall-E coming essentially joint 1st with Ratatouille. Now, you could look at that and think "Wow, Zavvi saw that and is giving the public what they want!" Or, more realistically, Zavvi saw that and said "They really want a Wall-E steelbook, eh? Lets make them pay for it"

We've shot ourselves in our feet by showing anticipation and excitement for our hobby. Zavvi saw that and is taking full advantage. Why would they charge a reasonable amount when we've shown that we want it so much?

Don't be surprised when Ratatouille comes in at £25 too...

I dunno if y'all remember, but a little while ago DigitalBabe posted a poll asking us what Pixar/Disney steelbook we would like to see next. The response was pretty expected...

8mP8kyk.jpg

Wall-E coming essentially joint 1st with Ratatouille. Now, you could look at that and think "Wow, Zavvi saw that and is giving the public what they want!" Or, more realistically, Zavvi saw that and said "They really want a Wall-E steelbook, eh? Lets make them pay for it"

We've shot ourselves in our feet by showing anticipation and excitement for our hobby. Zavvi saw that and is taking full advantage. Why would they charge a reasonable amount when we've shown that we want it so much?

I think that's a valid point - though the authoratarian amongst us will say it's just coincidence, or rap your knuckles for being negative :)

I've seen a few of these unboxings and every Zbox is dreadful, no wonder nobody wants them!

If my wall-e box turns up like this pile of horse manure it'll be going back with some in it . The poor sod who shot that video sounded like she needed therapy after that unboxing

In fact I'm going to get the first shot in and email their customer service to let em know they can cancel it if they've not upped their game .

8mP8kyk.jpg

Interesting post.

My personal opinion on this is that some people are assuming to much and coming to conclusions without any factual evidence. I wouldn't be surprised if Zavvi took on board that poll nor would I if they hadn't.

One of the reasons I think the prices are increasing would be due to demand of the item and increasing costs of production. Prices never stay the same and if the demand is great you can expect Zavvi to balance a price vs demand for the products they sell. More and more people collect steelbooks now than they did in 2009 and sites like this only encourage more to do so.

No one likes a price increase but if you're so against this and have gone ahead and made the purchase then you should look closer at your own purchasing decisions

Interesting post.

My personal opinion on this is that some people are assuming to much and coming to conclusions without any factual evidence. I wouldn't be surprised if Zavvi took on board that poll nor would I if they hadn't.

One of the reasons I think the prices are increasing would be due to demand of the item and increasing costs of production. Prices never stay the same and if the demand is great you can expect Zavvi to balance a price vs demand for the products they sell. More and more people collect steelbooks now than they did in 2009 and sites like this only encourage more to do so.

No one likes a price increase but if you're so against this and have gone ahead and made the purchase then you should look closer at your own purchasing decisions
The production costs have actually lowered over the last 12 months. Hence the flood of cheaper back catalogue releases being sold by many retailers.