Purchase link: Wall-E
Retro Zbox & Wall-e bundle
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

WALLE.jpg

walle2.jpg walle3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno if y'all remember, but a little while ago DigitalBabe posted a poll asking us what Pixar/Disney steelbook we would like to see next. The response was pretty expected...

8mP8kyk.jpg

Wall-E coming essentially joint 1st with Ratatouille. Now, you could look at that and think "Wow, Zavvi saw that and is giving the public what they want!" Or, more realistically, Zavvi saw that and said "They really want a Wall-E steelbook, eh? Lets make them pay for it"

We've shot ourselves in our feet by showing anticipation and excitement for our hobby. Zavvi saw that and is taking full advantage. Why would they charge a reasonable amount when we've shown that we want it so much?

Don't be surprised when Ratatouille comes in at £25 too...

You could on the other hand look at the other facts in this matter such as the majority of their Disney/Pixar back catalogue titles being £19.99/£20.99 or the listing not stating 'Save: £??.??' next to the price as is usually the case and think "Zavvi have made a mistake with the price". Zavvi are accused of complete incompetence on a regular basis after all.

Reactions: asseanontv
The production costs have actually lowered over the last 12 months. Hence the flood of cheaper back catalogue releases being sold by many retailers.

Posts like this are informative and it's interesting to read. If there is an increased demand (one would assume given it sold out fast) then I can understand the increased cost from Zavvi

Posts like Zavvi intentionally holding back and using under handed tactics to sell their product isn't fair to say without knowing for sure

Reactions: psychoscot
Posts like this are informative and it's interesting to read. If there is an increased demand (one would assume given it sold out fast) then I can understand the increased cost from Zavvi

Posts like Zavvi intentionally holding back and using under handed tactics to sell their product isn't fair to say without knowing for sure
The evidence is there to see. Over the last year many steels have sold out on pre-orders, only to be relisted several months after release often at cheaper prices. Granted some will be cancellations, but it doesn't explain many being in plentiful supply. Zavvi DO use tactics in order to sell more faster, and it's their right to do so as technically there's nothing wrong with that, unfortunately many fall for their practices, while others have become smarter and don't play their game anymore.

At the end of the day is simple, if you want the steel and accept the price then buy it. Just don't get upset if it's relisted 6 months later with money off, which is becoming the normal now with Zavvi on 95% of what the sell. [emoji3]

You could on the other hand look at the other facts in this matter such as the majority of their Disney/Pixar back catalogue titles being £19.99/£20.99 or the listing not stating 'Save: £??.??' next to the price as is usually the case and think "Zavvi have made a mistake with the price". Zavvi are accused of complete incompetence on a regular basis after all.
Zavvi cocking up the price would be a fair assumption if it hadn't been over 36hrs since live time. Pricing errors are normally fixed sharpish, especially if one of our mods get on it. What will happen if the price gets fixed now? It's sold out and Zavvi have shown in the past that they won't honour price decreases without being messaged first.

The production costs have actually lowered over the last 12 months. Hence the flood of cheaper back catalogue releases being sold by many retailers.

Agree 100% with that statement and the decrease in quality is also there for all to see with some Steelbooks resembling sheets of flimsy tin . Companies that want to increase their profits can do so with either a price increase or look to making their product cheaper ,one way is to lower the quality of base materials .
Zavvi are no exception to this in today's world of profit first ,consumer second .

i think the same. i watched this unboxing earlier, you can hear her disappointment and anger as she rummages through this box of rubbish.

it says it all that the wall E comes with the zbox, and not in the zbox as a surprise. because zavvi know the only reason people will purchase the zbox is if they KNOW they are getting wall E. the zbox is practically worthless but they are using it as a crafty tool to double the retail price of something many people want.

That's brilliant. A boxful of absolute crap, I suppose the person should be applauded who managed to talk even a single person into buying one of them.

so did this go live and sell out already? i checked Saturday night and yesterday and i can't tell if it went live or not

The evidence is there to see. Over the last year many steels have sold out on pre-orders, only to be relisted several months after release often at cheaper prices. Granted some will be cancellations, but it doesn't explain many being in plentiful supply. Zavvi DO use tactics in order to sell more faster, and it's their right to do so as technically there's nothing wrong with that, unfortunately many fall for their practices, while others have become smarter and don't play their game anymore.

At the end of the day is simple, if you want the steel and accept the price then buy it. Just don't get upset if it's relisted 6 months later with money off, which is becoming the normal now with Zavvi on 95% of what the sell. [emoji3]

I concur! King Kong is still in-stock despite the various emails I received from them.

Reactions: psychoscot
soooo... this doesn't have 3D, has crap art and is £24.99... swerve that...

Yeah, I can't believe this has sold out at all, and that quickly. Won't exactly inspire them to come out with premium steels if they can charge a premium for half a steelbook (both in art and content) and sell out anyway. Then again it could be "sold out" and come back in stock for 9.99 down the line.