War for the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 13) [Hong Kong]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: January 19, 2018
Purchase links: Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set (Pre-order December 22 at 8 PM - HKT, UTC+8)
Price: $46.99 (Full Slip - Double Lenti) - $45.99 (Lenti) - $145.97 (Box Set)
Group buy: Hosted by Aniv Box Set - Double Lenti - Lenti - Full Slip

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
[ME#13] War For The Planet of The Apes Steelbook Pre-order Announcement - www.mantalab.comDear Customers,
Thanks for joining our Anniversary Sale and Giveway Event. We should have been more prepared for both but we are very sorry. The shipping has been delayed significantly compared to our normal status and we feel sorry about this as well. We will prepare better next year. Today, we are announcing our last pre-order of 2017. War For The Planet of The Apes is our 13th exclusive and first of the trilogy we are planning to finish in 2018. As we've announced, "Rise" is under design and we hope to introduce it soon. Please look below for more details.

1. Pre-order Date: 8PM, December 22nd, 2017 (HKT, GMT+8)
2. Release Date: January 19th, 2017
3. Print Run (2000 units for both Domestic and International)
(Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition and 1 for One Click)
*Full Slip(2D+4KUHD)($46.99): 200 Units
*Lenticular Full Slip(2D+3D)($45.99): 300 Units
*Double Lenticular Full Slip($46.99) : 300 Units
*One Click ($145.97): 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
4. Goodies
- Slips: Full sized Booklet, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker
5. Effects
- Full Slip: High Quality Full Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing + Spot Foil
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + High Quality Full Slip + Spot Matte +Spot Glossy + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + High Quality Full Slip + Spot Matte +Spot Glossy + Embossing
- One Click Box: Fully Grained Black Faux Leatther Box with Red Foil Hot Stamping

Please check our website for more information on our website
www.mantalab.com
Thank you!
Best regards,
Manta Lab

Last edited by a moderator:
Most likely yes the full slip and order direct from Manta Website on Friday

I'm 100% getting the FAC E1 edition
I will decide by Friday if I'm getting the manta full slip as well
Awesome! Like I said earlier I do much prefer FAs steel but Mantas fullslip is Gorgeous! I'll decide on FAs when the prices are released! Maybe just try and pick up the steel alone at a later date!

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
[ME#13] War For The Planet of The Apes Steelbook Pre-order Announcement - www.mantalab.com

Dear Customers,
Thanks for joining our Anniversary Sale and Giveway Event. We should have been more prepared for both but we are very sorry. The shipping has been delayed significantly compared to our normal status and we feel sorry about this as well. We will prepare better next year. Today, we are announcing our last pre-order of 2017. War For The Planet of The Apes is our 13th exclusive and first of the trilogy we are planning to finish in 2018. As we've announced, "Rise" is under design and we hope to introduce it soon. Please look below for more details.

1. Pre-order Date: 8PM, December 22nd, 2017 (HKT, GMT+8)
2. Release Date: January 19th, 2017
3. Print Run (2000 units for both Domestic and International)
(Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition and 1 for One Click)
*Full Slip(2D+4KUHD)($46.99): 200 Units
*Lenticular Full Slip(2D+3D)($45.99): 300 Units
*Double Lenticular Full Slip($46.99) : 300 Units
*One Click ($145.97): 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
4. Goodies
- Slips: Full sized Booklet, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker
5. Effects
- Full Slip: High Quality Full Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing + Spot Foil
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + High Quality Full Slip + Spot Matte +Spot Glossy + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + High Quality Full Slip + Spot Matte +Spot Glossy + Embossing
- One Click Box: Fully Grained Black Faux Leatther Box with Red Foil Hot Stamping

Please check our website for more information on our website
www.mantalab.com
Thank you!
Best regards,
Manta Lab

25299443_1606711076105661_8408293419193144689_n.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: rj531
Just a few thoughts

-Not really feeling these two lenti variant, one full slip variant releases. Atleast make one of the lenti editions 4k if you're going to do it that way

-If you have these in releases order on the shelf, ME 1,ME 2, ME3 so on and so forth, then why release the third film first? Why not hold fire on it until you bring the other two out, atleast they can be in order of release instead of what seems to be 3,1,2

-Normally 100% buy all the lenticular releases, both variants when released but can't bring myself to do it this time, mainly because this was the worst of the 3 in my opinion, multiple lentis from the same retailer for the same movie is getting space consuming and expensive especially when both editions are exactly the same in terms of content discs and extras wise

@Covcraig they release the third one first as it’s fhe newest one and will sell the most for Manta to make the most cash.

No doubt there will be some clause from Fox that they have to sell the third film first
Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that these retailers are a business trying to make a profit... and not just some dudes making whatever my heart desires for me specifically and exactly how I want it and when I want it? Ludicrous!

• Thanks
Reactions: YellowCake
Imo after the super disappointing Wonder woman release it makes it even easier to pass on this. I think the FAC edition will be better, no doubt about it

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Imo after the super disappointing Wonder woman release it makes it even easier to pass on this. I think the FAC edition will be better, no doubt about it

And what makes it SUPER disappointing for you? Just curious..at least the Fullslip is very good based on the feedback here. Unluckily i still have to wait for my OC to arrive ;)

And what makes it SUPER disappointing for you? Just curious..at least the Fullslip is very good based on the feedback here. Unluckily i still have to wait for my OC to arrive ;)

I thought the lenti was very poorly done, but that's just my opinion. I heard the fullslip is actually amazing, but as I have only the lenti I can't say much regarding the fullslip

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Radagast
@Covcraig they release the third one first as it’s fhe newest one and will sell the most for Manta to make the most cash.

No doubt there will be some clause from Fox that they have to sell the third film first

I don't necessarily believe this one will make the most cash as it's the newest one for Manta. If people are going to go for this release from Manta that in stands to reason in all likeliness that they'll go for the other two also and they'll make just as much as it'll be in the same price range. Still think it's a misfire releasing it first, if they knew they were going to release this then they could've pushed the releases of the other two to come before it or at the very least adjust the numbering from 13 to whatever it would be to accommodate these being able to sit in chronological order on the shelf, considering this is 13 and Wonder Woman is 11 it's safe to say that isn't going to happen

• Thanks
Reactions: martinouchou

I think people who missed out on Wonder Woman are the ones saying how disappointing the release was. In my opinion the only real disappointing release from Manta this year has been Logan, the steel is nice but the slips weren't great. I can say that owning every Manta steelbook release, granted I don't get the fullslips anymore but the Wonder Woman lentis defo weren't disappointing.

You can argue about QC but like I said, you always get a replacement slip or steelbook which is mint with virtually no questions asked. That's more than some companies offer

Reactions: Radagast
Pity there's no standout steelbook around for this latest in the APES saga . . . and that includes the FAC edition which should've had just Caesar on the front i.e. without Nova filling the dead space . . . and as for Nova being on the front of both steelbooks - yes, the name and the fact she is mute like her namesake from 50 years ago is more by way of homage to the original film than an implication she is in any way related to the 1968 Nova:-
Nova (1968) ---------------------------------------------------- Nova (2017)
nova-war-for-the-planet-of-the-apes.jpg

As for this steelbook front artwork: only slightly better than the FAC but still reminds me of a family studio portrait . . . or is that the idea? (haven't watched this yet).