Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Gold Anniversary Edition)(Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 25th May 2015
Purchase: Zavvi.com
Price: £17.99
Notes: Zavvi's celebrating their second anniversary of steelbook releases!
As part of that celebration, they have created a new edition of Roger Rabbit, the steelbook that started it all.
The front will have "new embossing" not featured on the original, and debossing on the back. More details to come, on sale this Friday!

front.jpg

back.jpg exterior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
IM3 was a worldwide release in lots countries and only difference was the inclusion of 3D Disc and Jcards been different
The Steelbook itself was not exclusive to Zavvi as it was produced for worldwide market with Zavvi just getting the exclusive retail part for the UK

They did not hide print run for Jungle Book and The Little Mermaid
They did disclose the print run
Originally Planned to be 5,000 both sold out very quickly so they increased to both 10,000 each as a result of both original 5,000 selling out
This information has been known about from the start
As a result of doing this they did not sell as they expected and resulted in selling a lot of the additional 5,000 print runs at reduced prices

After this error in judgement they decided never to make that mistake again
After this Disney Steelbook were reduced to 4,000 and latest releases to 3,000

You can expect the Max print run of Who Framed Roger Rabbit will be 4,000 as this is the standard print run scanavo want for a release with an exception to allowing 3,000 were its the only release happening

The 1,000 and 2,000 print runs are different as these end up getting another release in other countries and the overall total then reaches the 4,000 scanavo require

not all fact, but close enough....

IM3 was a worldwide release in lots countries and only difference was the inclusion of 3D Disc and Jcards been different
The Steelbook itself was not exclusive to Zavvi as it was produced for worldwide market with Zavvi just getting the exclusive retail part for the UK

They did not hide print run for Jungle Book and The Little Mermaid
They did disclose the print run
Originally Planned to be 5,000 both sold out very quickly so they increased to both 10,000 each as a result of both original 5,000 selling out
This information has been known about from the start
As a result of doing this they did not sell as they expected and resulted in selling a lot of the additional 5,000 print runs at reduced prices

After this error in judgement they decided never to make that mistake again
After this Disney Steelbook were reduced to 4,000 and latest releases to 3,000

You can expect the Max print run of Who Framed Roger Rabbit will be 4,000 as this is the standard print run scanavo want for a release with an exception to allowing 3,000 were its the only release happening

The 1,000 and 2,000 print runs are different as these end up getting another release in other countries and the overall total then reaches the 4,000 scanavo require

Zavvi have been very quick to point out print runs. 4k, 5k, 6k.
Maleficent, Cap Am TWS, GotG, to name a few.
If this is only 4k, why have they not touted it?
I don't believe this is a 4k run. I'm certain Zavvi would have made it known if it was.
IMO

i thought people did not like this edition of roger rabbit steelbook yet has manged to sell out for now as we all no this does happen a few times before it does actually sell out
11099204-1404282180914333.jpg

Who Framed Roger Rabbit - Zavvi Exclusive Gold Edition Steelbook Blu-ray

£17.99

Save: £7.00

FREE UK Delivery on all orders

Sold Out

Availability: Sold out.
Release Date: 31 December 2015

Sold out for now. I don't think this was a print run of more than 4k, I can't see this selling out with a print run of more than 4k and even that is pushing it. I just wish Zavvi had done something MORE special than just changing the front, at least have a numbered slip or something to make this stand out from all the rest.

And why celebrate a 2 year anniversary anyway ? what significance does that mean? why wasn't this released as a 1 year anniversary or why not wait until a nice round 5th year anniversary ?

Anyway, I've pre-ordered for now, I just hope Zavvi don't celebrate the Spine Slashers 2 year anniversary as well, the original release was plagued with some of the most horrendous spine slashes in steelbook history, second only to Amazons Skyfall disaster...:rolleyes:

Sold out for now. I don't think this was a print run of more than 4k, I can't see this selling out with a print run of more than 4k and even that is pushing it. I just wish Zavvi had done something MORE special than just changing the front, at least have a numbered slip or something to make this stand out from all the rest.

And why celebrate a 2 year anniversary anyway ? what significance does that mean? why wasn't this released as a 1 year anniversary or why not wait until a nice round 5th year anniversary ?

Anyway, I've pre-ordered for now, I just hope Zavvi don't celebrate the Spine Slashers 2 year anniversary as well, the original release was plagued with some of the most horrendous spine slashes in steelbook history, second only to Amazons Skyfall disaster...:rolleyes:

Because Zavvi are staunch opportunists that's why. ;)

Although maybe not, as that was released March 25th 2013...
Exactly, and Zavvi alerts didn't send anything in regard to this one - I got an alert form a rival site :)

But, if you had read correctly, I asked Zavvi in answer to a request from another member - which was prior to any announcement whatsoever. When I posted Zavvi's reply, I, like everyone else, was aware of when this was going live.
What I was doing, was quite simply highlighting Zavvi's incompetence.

Reactions: Andycadle84
Zavvi sell-outs happen for the following reasons:

1) Zavvi is lying to create demand. If buyers fall for it then it's not Zavvi's problem.
2) There are way more people who like the Steelbook privately than those who badmouth it publicly.
3) People badmouth Zavvi and the release secretly trying to discourage demand so they can buy copies with no problem. Killing the hype increases the chances of acquiring one or multiple copies later on.

Or, in my personal opinion, the most logical explanation:

4) Zavvi's computer system updates really slow.

So this is a big FU to all buyers of the earlier edition... Well at least anyone who orders it will get a unique set of Zavvi-exclusive dents to go with it!

Okay I don't see the significance of a '2 year celebration', but I don't think this an FU to folks who bought the earlier version. If anything it's a blessing to those that missed out on the last one and don't fancy paying silly money via a third party seller.

So this is a big FU to all buyers of the earlier edition... Well at least anyone who orders it will get a unique set of Zavvi-exclusive dents to go with it!

I don't think it's that bad. This version is much uglier than the red one IMHO:) Didn't stop me from double dipping. Plus I'm a sucker for mystery boxes so I grabbed one of those also with the discount.