Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Gold Anniversary Edition)(Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 25th May 2015
Purchase: Zavvi.com
Price: £17.99
Notes: Zavvi's celebrating their second anniversary of steelbook releases!
As part of that celebration, they have created a new edition of Roger Rabbit, the steelbook that started it all.
The front will have "new embossing" not featured on the original, and debossing on the back. More details to come, on sale this Friday!

front.jpg

back.jpg exterior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an email back from Zavvi today:

Thank you for getting in touch with us about your pre-order.

We send all pre-ordered items out as soon as we receive them into our warehouse from the manufacturers. We always endeavour to have pre-orders delivered to our customers on, if not before, the release date.

Please accept our apologies that on this occasion we were not able to have this with you on the release date. We understand this must be both disappointing and frustrating.

As soon as we receive stock of this item, your order will be dispatched.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Nathan

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

Curious that they haven't had any stock arrive for them to send, yet they've sent dispatch emails out for items going overseas.

Got an email back from Zavvi today:

Thank you for getting in touch with us about your pre-order.

We send all pre-ordered items out as soon as we receive them into our warehouse from the manufacturers. We always endeavour to have pre-orders delivered to our customers on, if not before, the release date.

Please accept our apologies that on this occasion we were not able to have this with you on the release date. We understand this must be both disappointing and frustrating.

As soon as we receive stock of this item, your order will be dispatched.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Nathan

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

Curious that they haven't had any stock arrive for them to send, yet they've sent dispatch emails out for items going overseas.

Weird.

It's super weird. Steelbook is listed as available (Buy now) but things aren't moving anywhere.
Would be so cool if we got an explanation from zavvi but we all know that's not going to happen :D

Well, well, zavvi have just SOLD OUT at £24.99 and now lowered the price back to £17.99 on their listing, another kick in the teeth for anyone who ordered at £25....

typical.gif

Zavvi,

I_hate_you.gif

Reactions: Kashby
Decided to cancel this last night after doing some pondering. I think I'd rather wait and see if Mondo decide to put Tom Whalen's artwork on a steelbook :)

Well I've re-ordered this again, having ordered it when it first came out but to a different address since I thought I would have moved house by now.

This is all very strange though. They never billed me or dispatched it and when I questioned it on the day they said they were still waiting on the stock to arrive. I guess maybe these are cancellations and they still don't have any stock.

Debit Card has been finally been charged
Should be shipping soon

I was charged yesterday. Some people were charged even before yesterday and they still didn't get dispatch email.
They've charged us all and they don't even have the thing in stock. Idiotic :)

Edit: zavvi states on their website that the steelbook is in stock which shouldn't be a problem for them to send them out but they aren't doing that.

zajeta-slika.png

Last edited:
Well I've re-ordered this again, having ordered it when it first came out but to a different address since I thought I would have moved house by now.

This is all very strange though. They never billed me or dispatched it and when I questioned it on the day they said they were still waiting on the stock to arrive. I guess maybe these are cancellations and they still don't have any stock.

I wouldn't go by anything Zavvi say to me in emails. One customer service rep will tell you something different from another. Not the reps fault, they just give out the info they're given.

In my experience, as a company the information given out by Zavvi tends to go from 'mildly accurate' to 'Just tell them what they want to hear'.

Oh, well great. I re-ordered to another address since mine didn't appear to be coming any time soon. Tried to cancel the other copy and it told me it failed. Now I get a dispatch email for the original order and I can't cancel the order I placed last night either.

Oh, well great. I re-ordered to another address since mine didn't appear to be coming any time soon. Tried to cancel the other copy and it told me it failed. Now I get a dispatch email for the original order and I can't cancel the order I placed last night either.

Same thing happened to me multiple times so I've learned not to cancel anything or reorder stuff. You get fckd :)

Looking forward to getting this in hand, dunno if it will be as nice as the first version...hopefully it wont have a spine slash like soooo many of the first version did (including mine of course)

Same happened to me the other day (ordered to my home address by accident, clicked cancel straight away then re-ordered it to be sent to work). Clicked cancel, 20 minutes later got a sorry we can't do that email; then Zavvi had the cheek of waiting 3 days before even dispatching it despite saying it wasn't possible to cancel the order (so clearly, it would have been).