[WINNER CHOSEN!]Coolest Black Friday deal score? Tell HDN and win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Whether because of incorrect advertising, a price match, some kind of shipping error, or other reason-what was your best Black Friday score to date?

Tell us and win a $25 Amazon USA giftcard, which you'll be able to use for Black Friday shopping.

Giveaway ends Tuesday, November 26,2013

Winner:

coolbfscore-winner.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year I bought my Senna Limited Edition w/ McLarennModel for US$50. I saw it for a very reduced price, from US$250 to US$75. Instabuy! But then the store refused to fulfill the order, saying it was unavailable when I ordered it. SAY WHAT?! I got them every single screenshot and link I could to prove my point. And I did. And they felt so sorry they gave me a second discount on top, lol!

Best score I've had was last year on Amazon:

There was a flash sale on a Tissot watch down from $900+ to $350. By the time I decided to checkout (got distracted looking at other deals to combine etc...), it was too late and the deal was gone.

A few hours later, I received an email from Amazon stating that since I had shown interest in the watch and was about to checkout and missed out that I could still benefit from the deal if I wanted. So I did.

It doesn't end here. I received the watch later but the box was damaged, not the packaging but the watch's box itself and for those who know Tissot, you know how cool and nice looking those boxes are (it was like receiving a new dented steelbook). So I complained to Amazon's customer service and they offered me an additional $80 discount, I ended up having paid around $270!

Reactions: cbs777
Two years ago I had about 5 games, 10 movies and a bunch of other items on layaway at a Walmart for a total of ~$300 (I don't remember the exact numbers). I decided to cancel the Indiana Jones box set and then pay the rest off, but whatever they did during the canceling gave me all my items and they refunded the whole $300 I had paid back in cash EEK!

So I got my items for free AND they paid me hard cash. Suffice it to say I hightailed it out of that store.

I'm not really lucky on scoring good deals but I remember in Nov. 2011 when Fifa 12 just came out. It was released around Sep. that year and I'm looking through amazon.com and saw a used one that's selling for 3/4 of its original price. I contacted the seller and ask if I can get a Thanksgiving discount. The seller told me that's his/her bottom price and the game is still pretty new. I told her/him even though my Thanksgiving discount code is "Happy Thanksving to you and your family?" I was surprised when he/she agreed to give me a 15% discount. I think that's the power of goodwill and good ol' negotiation.

3 Years ago I went online to walmart.com to get 2 Shark Steamers for Christmas for 39.96 each. I received them about a week later, a day later 2 more showed up but my card was never charged for either set. My whole family got Steamers that Year:hilarious:

Reactions: WKRP
I ordered some Yamaha speakers and they came with a free sub. When I asked to return them, they only sent one pre-paid label. I guess the sub really was free.

I managed to get one of the super cheap laptops from Fry's online about 2 years back. It was under $200. It took them so long to ship it I was convinced it was going to be cancelled. I was shocked when it actually showed up. I ended up not really needing it though so I sold it to a friend at cost.

Last year at amazon Black Friday I purchased jaws steelbook and fast and furious wheel set, the items showed as dispatched and signed for by some random person, checked with all my neighbours and it wasn't them so complained to amazon because it was a shipping error they sent me some brand new ones which I got within 24hrs, 2 weeks later this random bloke knocks on my front door and say I think this parcel is for you it got delivered to the next road by accident so I now have two copies lol

Reactions: Noodles
Last year at amazon Black Friday I purchased jaws steelbook and fast and furious wheel set, the items showed as dispatched and signed for by some random person, checked with all my neighbours and it wasn't them so complained to amazon because it was a shipping error they sent me some brand new ones which I got within 24hrs, 2 weeks later this random bloke knocks on my front door and say I think this parcel is for you it got delivered to the next road by accident so I now have two copies lol

Yeah, they asked me for your address.:hilarious:

Reactions: sproutyrouty

Yeah, they asked me for your address.:hilarious:

ha nothing new, im sure you the signature said rick haha :hilarious:

Reactions: Ricker

Sprouty, haha!

For me, I don't really have a best score as Black Friday hasn't been that big in the UK until recently.

Probably would just be being able to score some cheap BDs :)

If it's not a BF deal and we post about it in here does it still count? I do have a BF deal as well but I have a better deal I scored recently

Let's just say free copy of Arkham Origins (PC) + $75 in Best Buy gift card for the mess up of my Collector's edition pre-order :)

But since this is about BF: Epson 8350 PJ for $799 exactly two years ago. Awesome projector and recently sold it for $805 to upgrade to the Epson 5030UB :)

And 2 pairs of the UE Triple.Fi 10 earphones for $99 each LINK + Klipsch Image x10 $89 each LINK

Last edited:
This is not a BF deal either but thought I would share anyway....

Awhile back when those Angels and Demons steels started popping back up at FS, I found two copies and because there was so much sticker residue (glue) all over them from being re-priced so many times when I took them to the cash, with a bunch of other stuff I was buying, I guess they got stuck together, so when the cashier scanned them she ended up only scanning 1 copy so I got 2 for 1 that day. :hilarious:

This is not a BF deal either but thought I would share anyway....

Awhile back when those Angels and Demons steels started popping back up at FS, I found two copies and because there was so much sticker residue (glue) all over them from being re-priced so many times when I took them to the cash, with a bunch of other stuff I was buying, I guess they got stuck together, so when the cashier scanned them she ended up only scanning 1 copy so I got 2 for 1 that day. :hilarious:

Wouldn't that be considered stealing? Because you knew you were purchasing two but only got rung up for 1. It's not her fault for not catching that, I think ethically and principally you should've spoken up.

Reactions: IRON MAN
Status
Not open for further replies.