Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal

Attachments

• world-war-z-poster2.jpg
    world-war-z-poster2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 204
Last edited by a moderator:
Someone posted a very strange comment on my local cinema's webpage...

I'm just wondering...do these types of movies make other people worry that our world is coming near to the end of times as we know it? Do you worry like me that these movies make some people paranoid, so much so that they are acting out in fear when they start shooting innocent people in mass killings at schools, movie theaters and malls. I know movies are supposed to be for entertainment, but recently after watching a movie very similar to this, I was so enraged during that movie in how they portrayed the U.S. , White House being vulnerable to attack beyond all the security we have in place, I was almost crying out in anger that you movie makers quit trying to make us think our nation is weak & vulnerable to terrorist attacks. I was so angry to see so many of the actors who portrayed the security guards, Secret Service and mil...itary getting killed or blown up in gory detail, I got to my feet to leave. But, the very next scene made me sit down to recuperate after seeing a monument chopped off as a hi-teck helicopter shirred off the top as it crashed. To see our flag burning. Innocent women shot---what has happened that it is acceptable to show women and children killed right before our eyes? Are we not sacred or held high in esteem any longer? Again, I know this is a movie meant for entertainment, but have any of you like me wondered who are the producers that release films like these to haunt us, jeer & taunt at us through the realm of this entertainment. What other way could they (enemy countries) get to us...not through t.v. or the Newspapers. I don't think I want to ever sit through another film like this that portrays our country bowing down to an enemy, to even let them cross our boarders and attack unprepared citizens.

Someone posted a very strange comment on my local cinema's webpage...

I'm just wondering...do these types of movies make other people worry that our world is coming near to the end of times as we know it? Do you worry like me that these movies make some people paranoid, so much so that they are acting out in fear when they start shooting innocent people in mass killings at schools, movie theaters and malls. I know movies are supposed to be for entertainment, but recently after watching a movie very similar to this, I was so enraged during that movie in how they portrayed the U.S. , White House being vulnerable to attack beyond all the security we have in place, I was almost crying out in anger that you movie makers quit trying to make us think our nation is weak & vulnerable to terrorist attacks. I was so angry to see so many of the actors who portrayed the security guards, Secret Service and mil...itary getting killed or blown up in gory detail, I got to my feet to leave. But, the very next scene made me sit down to recuperate after seeing a monument chopped off as a hi-teck helicopter shirred off the top as it crashed. To see our flag burning. Innocent women shot---what has happened that it is acceptable to show women and children killed right before our eyes? Are we not sacred or held high in esteem any longer? Again, I know this is a movie meant for entertainment, but have any of you like me wondered who are the producers that release films like these to haunt us, jeer & taunt at us through the realm of this entertainment. What other way could they (enemy countries) get to us...not through t.v. or the Newspapers. I don't think I want to ever sit through another film like this that portrays our country bowing down to an enemy, to even let them cross our boarders and attack unprepared citizens.

This is the comment that was posted or this you writing a comment based on what you read?

Im looking forward to watching this movie soon! I assuming that they are virus zombies thats why they can run pretty fast. Virus zombies are more believable than zombies that come out of the ground.

Just got back from seeing this.

Much better than I expected but it was certainly lacking in the gore department. A zombie movie without the gore is a big no-no for me. The cgi zombies didn't bother me as much as I thought they would and there were some great moments of tension.

My biggest complaint is the bloody shakey cam action. So so much in this and accompanied with the 3D you don't see what's going on and it's given me a headache.

Be nice to see if there's an extended/unrated cut on BD

I was a little disappointed, but I had hoped for too much. Not that I didn't like it. I thought the ending was rushed. I could have happily sat through another hour of zombie mayhem but I doubt a three hour movie would have gone down well.

Saw this on Friday night and LOVED it! I'm not too much into Zombie flicks, but:

this was a little left of the middle in terms of the genre. More of an end of the World with zombies thrown in type of flick. I really enjoyed the other tones of the movie as it wasn't too OTT.

Saw it this evening & despite the reports of re-shoots and other problems the finished film is pretty good, as we know it's a mixture of 28 days later and contagion rather than an out & out zombie gore fest.
The zombie effects are good and the action scenes especially of the zombie hordes running amok are quite spectacular with a couple of jump out of your seats momments too, If you're a fan of the genre it's well worth checking out.

Reactions: ocielz and Antman
Saw this today and thought it was a pretty good 7/10. Didn't bother with the 3D though as I've read it was best avoided!

I was so excited and pumped to see this movie this summer but all three theatres nearby my place are "forcing" 3D.... Im so tired of this B.S. "forced" 3D.... F&ck it! Im not going to go watch it in theatre. In-fact wont be watching any "forced" 3D movies in theatre from now on. Not supporting "no choice" at the theatres or the 3D format.

I was so excited and pumped to see this movie this summer but all three theatres nearby my place are "forcing" 3D.... Im so tired of this B.S. "forced" 3D.... F&ck it! Im not going to go watch it in theatre. In-fact wont be watching any "forced" 3D movies in theatre from now on. Not supporting "no choice" at the theatres or the 3D format.

Me too...not into the 3D thing, especially if that's all that's available. That way they can charge more....
I did see it in good old regular 2D though. Not a bad zombie flick. Not great, but worth a watch.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Jason Bourne
Me too...not into the 3D thing, especially if that's all that's available. That way they can charge more....
I did see it in good old regular 2D though. Not a bad zombie flick. Not great, but worth a watch.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Exactly. Just give us the option with having a few shows in 2D and a few in 3D. Customer can pick and choose how they want to watch the movie. While I dislike 3D that doesn't meant other people dont like it. So I dont have a issue with 3D showings.

I can understand why a movie like Dredd 3D was only released in 3D at the theatres. But for a movie like this there is no excuse not to give options in 2D & 3D showings. Every movie released at the theatres near me without a 2D showing are going to lose my money from now on, period.