Nov 11, 2013
Taipei, Taiwan
Release Date: October 10th, 2014
List Price: $1280 NTD
Buy Link: JSDVD (OOS)
Print run: 300 or less.

IMG_1199727879378.jpeg

Last edited:
Was fortunate enough to get a copy of this and actually prefer it to the Kimchi lenti, in hand it's very vibrant and although the slip has been simply done it's still really effective.

Reactions: black7towr
True @Witcombed1
I'll be on the lookout for this steel, but I'm happy with the HK version I got. Up next is whether the UK version will be glossy or not.
Back to this Taiwan steel, the good thing with that auction is it included the pre-order book which is an excellent well done booklet.

I am a total sucker for Asian Steels and especially quarter slips, but cannot understand the hype for this one. What's so special about it, except for the print run? From the pics also the quarter slip does only look mediocre. Maybe I am missing something. Is it really that good? If yes, I of course would have to reconsider it for my 1/4 slip collection.

Best wishes,

Michael

Reactions: tristar6
I am a total sucker for Asian Steels and especially quarter slips, but cannot understand the hype for this one. What's so special about it, except for the print run? From the pics also the quarter slip does only look mediocre. Maybe I am missing something. Is it really that good? If yes, I of course would have to reconsider it for my 1/4 slip collection.

Best wishes,

Michael
I wouldn't say the slip is mediocre, it does look a lot nicer in hand but it's certainly not the best TW slip by far. But your right, if this wasn't OOS and was readily available I guess we wouldn't be having this discussion! It's a really nice addition to my TW / Marvel collection....but I was lucky to have bought it at the retail price so as to whether it's worth €70+ is a personal choice.

This looks much better than Kimchi release I should of pre ordered this when I had the chance...

This is the release to get, it will gain in Value due to it's rarity and the hype that it causes, decent slip for some but it's a very nice Taiwan slip I think PLUS apparently in hands it looks so much better.
Taiwan Low print run seems to be more wanted than other limited ones.

Last edited:
It does look nice in hand. Its also a full gloss slip. It is simple, direct and well executed.It might be taken for granted but not all slips are glossy. This one is... Another rare feature on top of the scarce print run. Must have to simply put. I own both the kimchidvd collection and this one. I value this one over the two. Now if we were taking about a kimchidvd exclusive... Then that's another story but they never released one. Also the X-Men collection is all over the map. Improper label placements on the back. The numbering is also flawed,etc... So be it.

Reactions: Actarus
Mine says it is still in customs in LA. Been there for 3 days. Come on man, it's just a steelbook! Give it its freedom!!!

Last edited:
Not obsessed, or being hyped to get this by someone's comments. For now I'm now very happy with my HK sticker-ed (heard from someone here a low run "300" ) and waiting for my Kimichi's Lenti. (700+ numbered errors). Congrats for the ones who managed a copy!