X-Men: Days of Future Past (Rogue Cut) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 13, 2015
Purchase link: X-Men: Days of Future Past (The Rogue Cut)
Price: £17.99
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies.
Final art TBD

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg
00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
From the pics I've seen it looks like it has a matte finish but I'm not 100% sure. I'll be happy with the gatefold slip cover edition, especially for half the price of this.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Just opened mine, awful steelbook, even worse than Zavvi's T2 imo

Horrible low quality print, I've just taken the disc out and put it into my HMV steel

Reactions: tono06
I am still not a fan of this steelbook, but the Rogue Cut is pretty good. Lots of extra scenes / extended scenes, though it does bloat the running time of the movie (obviously). I might buy the amaray when its cheap and swap the discs in my days of future past Czech steelbook

i'm glad i cancelled my order at zavvi because this surely isn't worth 25 euro

went the amazon.fr route and combined it with another steelbook , total came to 32 euro shipping included so that's 16 euro for each steelbook

i'm glad i cancelled my order at zavvi because this surely isn't worth 25 euro

went the amazon.fr route and combined it with another steelbook , total came to 32 euro shipping included so that's 16 euro for each steelbook

You should check in Amazon.it- its cheaper than Amazon.fr- I've cancelled my Amazon.fr and asked the customer support to add this into the pre-order bundle of other Xmen steelbooks.

Glad that I never bought any Xmen films on Blu-ray before -nice excuse to buy now as they all are on SB!! Pity that Rogue cut SB doesn't match with other Xmen SBs..

Reactions: Vaako
Watched this last night....the Rogue Cut does add to the story in a more rounded way....
the major added scene involves Magneto & Bobby rescuing her from the fortrified Mansion
...very well done and edited i have to say!

A few extended scenes here and there...i prefer this cut to the original...what do you guys think???

Going to watch the 9-part Making Of documentary this afternoon!

Steelbook is so-so:whistle:....added my 3D disc into it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I preferred the theatrical cut.

There were a few more character moments, a brief scene between Wolverine and Wanda Maximoff and some scenes between Beast and Mystique which were okay but didn't advance the story at all. An extra F-bomb (hence the 15 certificate), a bit of padding and a new mid-credits scene.

While it was nice to see Rogue back...

I don't think it really added anything to the story. Iceman dies during the breakout rather than nearer the end, Rogue's appearance lessens Kitty's story and it appears she could have been rescued at pretty much any point if Iceman had volunteered the details a bit sooner. Still, it did give Anna Paquin, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen more to do.

Reactions: Ronnie3067
Watched it last night and yeah I can see why Rogue was cut, totally unnecessary story arc. I feel now that I have to watch the theatrical cut again ASAP to wipe this from my memory

Reactions: Ronnie3067
Despatched too, should have this by when-ever Royal Mail can be arsed ;)
Which isn't yet in my area, it seems! Postie has already been and gone this morning, and still no sign of it. Was despatched last Tuesday! Tuesday despatches I usually get on a Saturday. Once a week has passed, that's usually it - means it's gone astray in the postal system somewhere...