zombie chunks ;-)

chunk

Premium Supporter
May 27, 2013

15.jpg

hi, this is my small collection
please excuse the painting as it's not finished, but its hanging on the wall so my cats don't use it as a cat scratcher
this is all my blu rays, steelbooks (and I a added a couple of dvd's)
thanks for looking:thumbs:and if you like it,please help me get the award by thanking this
post,many thanks;)
14.jpg

13.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

6.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

PicsArt_1441989358895-1.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome zombie collection @chunk :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

You're welcome. It's a great collection, so deserves the "thanks". :thumbs:

I actually live near Mansfield in Nottinghamshire, but Ikea is probably only a 20-30 mins drive, so I'll have to pay a visit sometime soon. Your setup looks awesome! I wish my room was as big as yours... I'll probably have to get the taller 8 cube ones. I'm still undecided on white or black... I think I'm swaying more towards white at the moment though. I'll mention your name at the checkout and say you recommended them to me, so hopefully they may give you a discount next time lol. Thanks for all the info! :)

P.S. I've got to nip out in a minute, so will reply to your PM once I'm back. ;)

Just saw your IKEA and shelf talk, I moved the apartment not long ago and I bought the "Besta" series from IKEA -> http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50221650/#/20221656
The benefit for me why I went with those is that they got a depth of 20 cm. So the Steelbooks, Amarays and Mediabooks fits in perfectly without space behind it. The problem is that this series
ending this month but Ikea drop the series with the same name but a little color change new in April. With a depth of 20 cm too. So I bought the last 6 shelfs in my Ikea and in April
I shop another 6 from the new :thumbs: I put a line of 3 and top of them 3 and on the opposite I do the same in April. And above the Bestas I put with some distance 3 racks of 20 cm depth too in white along the Bestas, so I can present Steelbooks and Special Editions on top of the bestas and on the racks. just a idea. The Kallax you talked about I use for my Vinyls. sorry for my bad english :thumbs:

Reactions: chunk and Noodles
Awesome zombie collection @chunk :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Just saw your IKEA and shelf talk, I moved the apartment not long ago and I bought the "Besta" series from IKEA -> http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50221650/#/20221656
The benefit for me why I went with those is that they got a depth of 20 cm. So the Steelbooks, Amarays and Mediabooks fits in perfectly without space behind it. The problem is that this series
ending this month but Ikea drop the series with the same name but a little color change new in April. With a depth of 20 cm too. So I bought the last 6 shelfs in my Ikea and in April
I shop another 6 from the new :thumbs: I put a line of 3 and top of them 3 and on the opposite I do the same in April. And above the Bestas I put with some distance 3 racks of 20 cm depth too in white along the Bestas, so I can present Steelbooks and Special Editions on top of the bestas and on the racks. just a idea. The Kallax you talked about I use for my Vinyls. sorry for my bad english :thumbs:

Thank for taking the time to visit and thank my colection:thumbs::notworthy::thumbs:

Do you have any pic's of your set up? :thumbs:

I went with the kallax because I wanted my TV and stereo to fit on it and I wanted the cube inserts so that I could hide all my rubbish in them.. I like being able to fit two rows of steelbooks in the upper cube sections(I've got so many now it's was getting hard to find them a home) so this works well for all my needs, I'm planning to buy some of the ikea narrow picture frame shelves next time I go, for the steelbooks I want to display.

It's a pain when ikea change the colour slightly, and you have to buy up all you need before the new ones come in:banghead: hope you have managed to get all you need:thumbs:

Thank for taking the time to visit and thank my colection:thumbs::notworthy::thumbs:

Do you have any pic's of your set up? :thumbs:

I went with the kallax because I wanted my TV and stereo to fit on it and I wanted the cube inserts so that I could hide all my rubbish in them.. I like being able to fit two rows of steelbooks in the upper cube sections(I've got so many now it's was getting hard to find them a home) so this works well for all my needs, I'm planning to buy some of the ikea narrow picture frame shelves next time I go, for the steelbooks I want to display.

It's a pain when ikea change the colour slightly, and you have to buy up all you need before the new ones come in:banghead: hope you have managed to get all you need:thumbs:

I take pics in the next weeks and post. Still in progress here with other shelfs.

I know what you mean with the Kallax, I bought a 4 x 4 kallax and its right next to my film shelfs but its for cutting the room and hide my bed. But the last 2 rows I put also 8 cubes in there for all the rubbish ;)

I only got 6 Bestas but I need another 6. I wait and see if the "white" is darker or lighter and then I decide. But Ikea got now a life long replacement right on almost all products. So when the new ones dont fit, I remove the other 6 give them back and get 12 new ones :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: My girlfriend loves to build Ikea stuff so im save :thumbs:

Reactions: chunk
Lol, so you do the lifting and your girlfriend does the building, perfect combination:thumbs:

I didn't know ikea didn't know about the life long thing ikea is offering, not sure if they do it in the UK, they do a thing where, if you're not happy with the item once you've built it, you can return it.. But I think it has to be within a certain time frame.

Was just building another one myself yesterday, like you, I'm still not finished.. Another trip to ikea is needed:happy:

@dan8885, when you have it all sorted I'll look forward to seeing your pic's :thumbs:
:happy::happy::happy:

Reactions: dan8885
@chunk
Ikea got that life long replacement since end of last year. Even on a couch. You can use the couch one year and bring it back. They do promotion with this, I couldn't believe it till I saw it with my own eyes!

Yeah I'll tag you when I im done and post pics :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: chunk
@chunk
Ikea got that life long replacement since end of last year. Even on a couch. You can use the couch one year and bring it back. They do promotion with this, I couldn't believe it till I saw it with my own eyes!

Yeah I'll tag you when I im done and post pics :thumbs:

:rofl::LOL::rofl:That's crazy!! My local supermarkets do a promotion, that when you bring your used 10 pence bags back, they give you a new 10p bag in exchange, but ikea give you a whole new sofa:OMG::OMG::OMG: LOL, that's crazy.. I wonder how many people bring their stuff back.
great news for you if their new line of shelves don't match the ones you have, you won't have to pay out and replace the lot:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::cigar:

Yep, Tag me when you've uploaded :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: looking forward to it:D

Come on ninjas, the zombie queen (@chunk ) needs 2 more thanks/likes to get the award . Lets do it
:rofl::LOL::rofl:lol.. best ninja ever in action again, helping me out.. thanks harry:thumbs::notworthy: only just seen your post as I didn't get a notification for it(n).. made me laugh:hilarious:

thanks @Basil for thanking all my collection threads:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: just one more and I get my zombie award:D

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry