Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release Date: May 19th, 2015
Purchase Link: Future Shop
Price: $24.99
Group buy: Drum18 or biscuitnoir
Notes:
Region: could be Region A locked
Audio: Blu-Ray: Spanish: 7.1 Surround Sound) and DVD: Spanish 6.1 DTS, 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround / Français 2.0 Stereo Surround
Subtitles: Bluray: English, English SDH, Spanish and DVD: English, Français, Spanish
https://www.hidefninja.com/2015/05/06/first-look-exclusive-pans-labyrinth-mondo-blu-ray-steelbook/
https://www.hidefninja.com/2015/03/23/pans-labyrinth-futureshop-blu-ray-mondo-steelbook/

pans11-jpg.158480

m2216644.jpg
m2216644_1.jpgm2216644_2.jpgm2216644_3.jpgm2216644_4.jpgm2216644_5.jpgm2216644_6.jpg

Get ready to be immersed in Guillermo Del Toro's fairy tale Pan's Labyrinth. The art was designed by Jock who is known for his comic illustrations for Batman, Wolverine, and Dredd. Pan's Labyrinth marks number 004 in the Mondo X SteelBook line up.
More Information

About this Mondo X SteelBook
Mondo and SteelBook have done it again. Working together they have brought us this stunning world exclusive product just to Future Shop.

This SteelBook is number 004 in the Mondo X SteelBook. The entire package from the inside out has been laid out by Mondo, SteelBook, and Jock with great care.

Some of the features of the Blu-ray SteelBook:
  • Mondo X SteelBook series #004
  • Art created by Jock with extra details designed just for this release
  • Using a combination of silk screening and spot varnish gives the SteelBook a textured feel

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine arrived other day few micro nicks on it (wasn't from the GB buy here just mention)
They couldn't have been seen under seal /slip really any hows i guess
i would be careful if your planning taking the slip on and off alot looks like this kind of finish will come off ,mark easy
very interesting steel as others say kind of micro dot/ mottle finish to it texture.
saw people comment on color silver etc
its like silver white-ish thats been painted mauve ,then wiped straight off to give it guess infused and smeared look
looks very nice especially when hits light and makes the colors blood etc pop.
nice to see a bit of thought being put into these.
very happy with this one more you look at it examine it, more you will like it

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone's mentioned it but This seems to be region free, just watched it in my UK player, unfortunately dredd didn't (n)

Reactions: jammmy
Can someone please tell me if either this or the previous Canadian pan's labyrinth steelbook has the DNR the American blu rays of this movie have had? I hate that I may never get to see this movie without DNR. The only way I have ever watched it is American blu-ray. And then of course the UK steelbook is region locked and the original UK blu-ray had worse audio than the American one.

Actually, I haven't even watched the copy I own, yet (American), which was released a couple years ago. I had hoped maybe they got rid of the DNR in that more recent print of the American blu-ray, but I am assuming it's going to be like the original American copy I watched in the past.

And, by the way, when I ask if someone can tell me, I am not talking about myself in third person. ;)

Can someone please tell me if either this or the previous Canadian pan's labyrinth steelbook has the DNR the American blu rays of this movie have had? I hate that I may never get to see this movie without DNR. The only way I have ever watched it is American blu-ray. And then of course the UK steelbook is region locked and the original UK blu-ray had worse audio than the American one.

Actually, I haven't even watched the copy I own, yet (American), which was released a couple years ago. I had hoped maybe they got rid of the DNR in that more recent print of the American blu-ray, but I am assuming it's going to be like the original American copy I watched in the past.

And, by the way, when I ask if someone can tell me, I am not talking about myself in third person. ;)

More importantly can you tell me why you don't have a region free blu-ray player? I ask cause are you not aware of some tricks that make many USA players region free? Perhaps you own a model already that could be.

If so, the UK disc appears to have the least (if any?) DNR. has high bit rate.

More importantly can you tell me why you don't have a region free blu-ray player? I ask cause are you not aware of some tricks that make many USA players region free? Perhaps you own a model already that could be.

If so, the UK disc appears to have the least (if any?) DNR. has high bit rate.

Because I have an oppo, which isn't region-free. It's also constantly buggy, as it is, and I figured doing anything to make it region free would likely be undone with firmware.

Either way, the UK one has worse audio to the point where some people said they preferred the DNR to the worse audio.

I just want to know what level of DNR these Canadian ones have. It shouldn't be that Shouldn't be a hard question, yet nobody answered me on another site years ago about the previous Canadian steelbook of this movie. I can never get anyone to answer what should be a simple question. All these posts about thwe condition of the case, but none at all about the quality of the picture for the disc. I only want this if it has noticeably better picture quality.

I am tempted to get the steelbook AND the uk import then I could just put the uk import into this case. lol. But that's really going crazy overboard out of my way and likely not worth the time and money for one movie.

The content of the disc is the same as the American release.

Reactions: lolwut
The content of the disc is the same as the American release.

You mean, the transfer itself is the same, also?

If so, I'm not sure much I can do now other than get the original UK import and have worse sound or just ignore the DNR in the American version. really lame that they had to mess with the picture like that.

You mean, the transfer itself is the same, also?

If so, I'm not sure much I can do now other than get the original UK import and have worse sound or just ignore the DNR in the American version. really lame that they had to mess with the picture like that.

Yes. Everything is absolutely the same. It doesn't even have the eOne logo at the beginning of the disc, just the New Line one.

Reactions: Wreck
Of all movies, they just had to do this to one of my few top favorites. Sigh. To be honest, I still thought it looked good when I watched it, though, but just knowing it could look a lot better is kind of depressing.

Because I have an oppo, which isn't region-free. It's also constantly buggy, as it is, and I figured doing anything to make it region free would likely be undone with firmware.

Either way, the UK one has worse audio to the point where some people said they preferred the DNR to the worse audio.

I just want to know what level of DNR these Canadian ones have. It shouldn't be that Shouldn't be a hard question, yet nobody answered me on another site years ago about the previous Canadian steelbook of this movie. I can never get anyone to answer what should be a simple question. All these posts about thwe condition of the case, but none at all about the quality of the picture for the disc. I only want this if it has noticeably better picture quality.

I am tempted to get the steelbook AND the uk import then I could just put the uk import into this case. lol. But that's really going crazy overboard out of my way and likely not worth the time and money for one movie.

If it was so simple, you'd have your answer and not still be needing it years later. I don't think its simple when you're asking someone to basically do a case study comparison on multiple discs from all around the world and get specs to then be able to give you your simple answer. I applaud you for seeking out such quality, as it proves how big a fan of the film you are. However, bottom line is its preference. You are of the opinion you would rather have the film with little to no DNR. (understood/agreed) You already know of a version that it sounds like would suffice to you. The UK disc. So perhaps the answer has always been there yet you simply didnt want to fork over the cash for the UK disc. Granted as stated you could argue the audio. (understood) But in the immortal words of some lame who created it ... YOLO. Spend that cheese and make that ultimate Pans edition. :)

You even have an oppo. Perhaps you have the model that I own? Point being is I think the best alternative might be the UK disc imho. This case is out of the world amazing. But I rarely know any times where Canadian discs have been superior to other Countries. Least for me anyways. The prior Pans steelbook from Canada was Alliance and their older transfers have been consistently poor compared to other Countries. I haven't had much problem with newer stuff and since the eOne merger/takeover or what have you. But I doubt its diff transfer.

Here's what I bought ... http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...e+usb.TRS0&_nkw=oppo+region+free+usb&_sacat=0 Works fine.

what about Japan? That would be our region too. Hear anything on its transfer?

oh, nm ... I see that's Spanish and Japanese audio only

Just checked German as well, same no english audio or subs.

The disc included in this steelbook (as well as the US release) is the DNR'd transfer with less detail than the UK disc.