#008 The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray Mondo x SteelBook) (Target Exclusive) [USA]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: July 28, 2015
Purchase link: The Thing (Mondo SteelBook)
Price: $24.99
Group buy: apsmith21
Note: Region free

Hidefninja.com Exclusive article

Beauty-Shot-the-thing-mondo.jpg

TheThingSleevepic.jpg

Attachments

• thing1.jpg
    thing1.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 965
  • thingfront1.jpg
    thingfront1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 905
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you 100% regarding Struzan's iconic artwork. I wouldn't want to be without it. I had always hoped that a Steelbook with this particular artwork would be released in other territories, but with its original English title. It may happen one day. This is, after all, Universal that we're talking about here.

As regards the German title, I'm okay with foreign releases of English language films having the title translated into the local language, provided it's a direct translation. So "Das Ding" doesn't pose a problem for me. Where I draw the line, is the original title being translated into something completely different. There have been many Steelbooks which I've passed on for that very reason.

Getting back to the Mondo. When I read your post, I found it quite amusing because I immediately saw the similarities. Unfortunately, since then, every time I look at the artwork, I only see Groot. I'm just hoping that the next time I view this Carpenter masterpiece, a film which I would place up there with the near contemporaneous "Alien" and "The Terminator" in the pantheon of great Science Fiction movies, that I'm able to put the Groot image out of my mind.

Good to chat with you again. It's been a while.
Good to hear from you too, Augustus!
I am very happy with my DAS DING steelbook with Struzan's amazing art- which I considered to be one of the greatest movie posters of all time.
It is just that stupid 10 year old in me that giggles a little bit when I see the title!:hilarious:
image.jpg

Reactions: augustus
Because the Mondo design is a premium product line for Steelbook and it deserves it's own spotlight and subforum, for those that are superfans of the brand. :)
I appreciate that sentiment...but exactly HOW are Mondo steelbooks deserving of this over HDzeta, Blufans, etc.?
Mondo is nice- but they don't eclipse the work of Blufans or Plain...
Just sayin':)

Reactions: lolwut
Welcome to all members who have recently joined HDN! Please remember that ordering via our site links helps support the growth and new features and opportunities for our entire community. All of the Target USA Mondo Steelbooks can be ordered here if you are in the USA. If you are not, feel free to join apsmith21's group buy. While you are here, feel free to explore the rest of the site-lots of cool areas and news to check out and contribute to. Have fun guys!