Order from Target: Here
Price:
$19.99
Group buy: apsmith21
In stores, limited qty online

Exclusive HDN Article here

rsz_screen_shot_2015-10-03_at_101613_am.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There can be only [retailer]. Unless they release in both the US and Canada. Then there can be 2.

Yet another Mondo rehash, surely they are able to lend their artwork to some titles that haven't been released in Steelbook form?
Why should they care what's already been released in steelbook form? This is their range after all. Mondo is the very antithesis of.. 'rehash'.. since they've got so much unique artwork. We all know Mondo are all about the classics (as well as the coolest modern flicks of course) - This rehash talk is needlessly negative.

Why should they care what's already been released in steelbook form? This is their range after all. Mondo is the very antithesis of.. 'rehash'.. since they've got so much unique artwork. We all know Mondo are all about the classics (as well as the coolest modern flicks of course) - This rehash talk is needlessly negative.

I didn't say they should care but it is something that some collectors do care about. I am pretty sure I am not the only person who doesn't want the same titles getting the Steelbook treatment over and over which seems to be happening a lot recently.

I didn't say they should care but it is something that some collectors do care about. I am pretty sure I am not the only person who doesn't want the same titles getting the Steelbook treatment over and over which seems to be happening a lot recently.
Ahh, I totally get that. I didn't mean for my post to come across as hostile or anything, you know? I just think that with Mondo I'd hate for them to shelve an idea for a steelbook just because a certain film has been released a couple times already... especially when at least with Mondo you get something unique from them in terms of the presentation and the artwork and whatnot.

And region locked so if I import I will still have to buy a region B version :dunno:

I see comments like this all over the place, and I honestly can't comprehend it. I have yet to see anyone ask one of these people the obvious question that I'm dying to know the answer to: why haven't you bought an all-region player? They can be had for as little as $90 nowadays--if you can afford to buy these expensive limited editions, surely you can afford that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Raggle Fraggle!
:rofl: I love that man. If I were gay I would stalk him.
:LOL:
If you get a chance, see him in a very underrated Kenneth Branagh directed movie called PETER'S FRIENDS. (Also stars Branagh, Hugh Lurie, Emma Thompson...). It got dismissed as a British BIG CHILL, but it is a great flick that stands on its own.
Also- after Douglas Adams passed away, I appreciated how much Fry protected Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (in the books and the film).

Ahh, I totally get that. I didn't mean for my post to come across as hostile or anything, you know? I just think that with Mondo I'd hate for them to shelve an idea for a steelbook just because a certain film has been released a couple times already... especially when at least with Mondo you get something unique from them in terms of the presentation and the artwork and whatnot.

Agree. What i love about this range is they havechoosen awesome films eventhough most have steels before like Drive, Rambo First Blood, Terminator 2 etc.and great fun films like Flash Gordon & Shaun Dead. Im not fussed if a film already has a steel as these Mondo X steels in terms of actual paibt finish and artwork choices have been the "Creme of the crop" and great collection to own in hand and open :scat:

As for this art, the sword may resemble past artwork but i see this as Mondo adding their own twist to it to make it their own.

:LOL:
If you get a chance, see him in a very underrated Kenneth Branagh directed movie called PETER'S FRIENDS. (Also stars Branagh, Hugh Lurie, Emma Thompson...). It got dismissed as a British BIG CHILL, but it is a great flick that stands on its own.

You know, I've been aware of Peter's Friends probably since it first came out, but for some reason I've never watched it (it's been many years since I last thought of it). I'm gonna look for a streaming rental and finally watch it. I get both Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie, there's no way it won't be worth a watch.

Whenever Fry comes to mind (and Laurie as well), I always think of The Black Adder first, since that was the first place I saw him. He's a brilliantly funny guy. Just thinking about him makes me involuntarily smile.

Edit: Can't find a streaming version, just ordered a used DVD from Amazon for two bucks. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Reactions: C.C. 95