Order from Target: Here
Price:
$19.99
Group buy: apsmith21
In stores, limited qty online

Exclusive HDN Article here

rsz_screen_shot_2015-10-03_at_101613_am.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that the Mondo line is cool and a nice alternative. But I also think the last two are two of their worst. Highlander and Labyrinth are way below par in my opinion. Compared to Jock's The Thing and Dredd- the last two look downright amateur. Actually- just let Jock do ALL the art for their steelbooks.
I agree that Highlander and especially The Labyrinth are below Mondo standard for artwork. As for a line of all Jock Mondo steels...id sooner go for a line of all Stout steels! I think Reservoir Dogs and Shaun of the Dead are the 2 best of the Mondo X line.

Reactions: C.C. 95
I agree that Highlander and especially The Labyrinth are below Mondo standard for artwork. As for a line of all Jock Mondo steels...id sooner go for a line of all Stout steels! I think Reservoir Dogs and Shaun of the Dead are the 2 best of the Mondo X line.

But but......what about Drive? ;)

And I agree, I love Stout's work and there's plenty of his Mondo work to chose from!

Maybe that's a bit too hyperbolic a phrase, but I will say, the attention to detail, unique finish combinations and top-to-bottom quality of most Mondo steels is unlike anything else being made, Asia included. It's much more than front picture + back picture + inside picture. The people designing these Mondos actually give a $#!+, and it shows.

One may not like the art style(s), or the chosen movie (I've skipped a few so far), but the difference between what they're doing and what everyone else is doing is substantial. The thing I think I find most refreshing about Mondo releases is that the steelbook is what matters, not artcards or replica ID's or stickers or lenticular slipboxes. Mondos embrace the steelbook format, and push its boundaries, and that's something I'm not sure we could have said about anyone before.

How is Mondo a game changing line?

Well....Mondo is setting a very high standard for artwork used!

Don't you agree that Mondo artwork is incredible and that artwork is one of the major factors for physical media???

Mondo is changing the game by using actual REAL artwork, AMAZING ARTWORK,....NOT that photo shopped garbage that most collectors have grown used to and are blinded by. Not that Zavvi artwork.

The GAME has changed brother, and we have seen the light. How am I gunna go from Prime Rib (PA & MONDO) to pork chops (Zavvi) ????? If you want to be the blind man than fine, go walk with the sheppard. But me?! My eyes are open!

Reactions: svenning
Maybe that's a bit too hyperbolic a phrase, but I will say, the attention to detail, unique finish combinations and top-to-bottom quality of most Mondo steels is unlike anything else being made, Asia included. It's much more than front picture + back picture + inside picture. The people designing these Mondos actually give a $#!+, and it shows.

One may not like the art style(s), or the chosen movie (I've skipped a few so far), but the difference between what they're doing and what everyone else is doing is substantial. The thing I think I find most refreshing about Mondo releases is that the steelbook is what matters, not artcards or replica ID's or stickers or lenticular slipboxes. Mondos embrace the steelbook format, and push its boundaries, and that's something I'm not sure we could have said about anyone before.
Well said my ninja!
image.jpeg

Well....Mondo is setting a very high standard for artwork used!

Don't you agree that Mondo artwork is incredible and that artwork is one of the major factors for physical media???

Mondo is changing the game by using actual REAL artwork, AMAZING ARTWORK,....NOT that photo shopped garbage that most collectors have grown used to and are blinded by. Not that Zavvi artwork.

The GAME has changed brother, and we have seen the light. How am I gunna go from Prime Rib (PA & MONDO) to pork chops (Zavvi) ????? If you want to be the blind man than fine, go walk with the sheppard. But me?! My eyes are open!

Well I guess you have to like Mondo. to me it all looks like the same skin disease people. I prefer studio artwork so I can tell what the movie is.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches