#020 The Incredibles (Mondo x SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
incredibles-whalen-zavvi-728.png

Release date: January 22 , 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live Saturday December 9, 2017 6 PM GMT)
Price: £24.99
Note: World Exclusive art. Illustrated by Tom Whalen

Announced at Mondo Talk at MondoCon 2017. The first two Mondo x SteelBook Disney SteelBooks will feature artwork by Tom Whalen and Olly Moss.

incred1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks mostly pretty cool but good god when is mondo gonna stop with this atrociously pointless waste of good real estate on the back cover by sticking a tiny object or logo in the middle of a plain solid color. how boring. can’t believe they have stubbornly stuck with it for so many steelbooks. it’s not cool. it’s not artsy. it’s not classy. it’s ridiculous, lazy, and lame.

also, this really needs to include the bonus disc. i mean, jeez.

besides all of that, this looks great.

You'll notice its like that on practically all editions of steels that are done with posters that already exist. The new ones are the ones that have backs to match etc or are at least new. Honestly though I've gotten past it and enjoy it simply because I go to Mondo Con yearly or have other friends at other conventions take my steels to get signed etc. ie. the space on the back is good to have doodles, remarques, small sketches done by the artists. To which they usually will do for free. Thought Bubble is a convention in the UK where one could be doing the same with some of the artists etc. But yes had I not gotten into that then it is annoying and im sure for the masses it is.

Reservoir dogs hit £9.99

Which kinda makes sense due to USA (large buying market) already having it.

Brilliant choice for only a double-dip as so different to the original Zavvi/Disney from May, 2014.
Yes, it will stand out like a sore thumb stacked with the other Disney UK steelbooks but goes without saying will stack well with the MONDO X collection.

Brought firmly back down to earth with a bump tho when I saw the 25 quid price tag - not a laughing matter or a cause for celebration :(
Maybe as GG used to say in the '80s "Greed is good".

As for the pre-order countdown :thumbs: should be on every pre-order steelbook and would stop confusing the new collectors with the depressing and annoying beyond belief "SOLD OUT" in the grey box.
upload_2017-12-6_15-39-47.png

Not that it's necessary but no harm in a quick reminder of the delightful previous embossed UK steelbook . . . and the equally delightful wraparound from Kimchi . . . plus the only other first rate - the Viva metalpak from Canada

efGxRad.jpg

zrG0sSP.jpg
pFtpRUc.jpg
nF5BTdo.jpg
a5cns2v.jpg

a17.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember getting the gorgeous Zavvi Ex Machina SteelBook® a few years ago, but I don't remember if I got it directly, or through a Group Buy; does Zavvi ship outside of the UK (IE: to Canada)?

I remember getting the gorgeous Zavvi Ex Machina SteelBook® a few years ago, but I don't remember if I got it directly, or through a Group Buy; does Zavvi ship outside of the UK (IE: to Canada)?
Yes they ship internationally

Reactions: Thwip
Was hoping this would be spot gloss. Hopefully the family and title is glossed and the background is matte