10 Cloverfield Lane - In theaters March 11, 2016

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Valencia (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Dan Trachtenberg[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Mary Elizabeth Winstead[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Goodman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Gallagher Jr.[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maya Erskine[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Douglas M. Griffin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Cindy Hogan[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-03-11[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Waking up from a car accident, a young woman finds herself in the basement of a man who says he's saved her life from a chemical attack that has left the outside uninhabitable.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
LargePosters
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDb:
Waking up from a car accident, a young woman finds herself in the basement of a man who says he's saved her life from a chemical attack that has left the outside uninhabitable.

cloverfield-slice-600x200.jpg

VALENCIA revealed to be 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE ... From Collider.com, January 14th, 2016:

In 2014, news broke that filmmaker Dan Trachtenbergwho helmed the short filmPortal: No Escapewould be directing a post-apocalyptic thriller called Valencia(also referred to as The Cellar) for Bad Robot and Paramount Insurge, produced byJ.J. Abrams. While it’s true that the film is a post-apocalyptic thriller and was produced by Abrams, it appears that the Star Wars: The Force Awakens director has pulled another fast one on us—the movie’s actual title is 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Yes indeed, it appears as though that long-talked-about sequel to the secretive Abrams-produced 2008 film Cloverfield is not only happening, it’s already in the can. Abrams is taking the exact same marketing approach to this film as he did withCloverfield, as a Collider reader who caught an east coast screening of Paramount’s13 Hours hipped us to the news that the teaser trailer for 10 Cloverfield Lane is attached to Michael Bay’s Benghazi film. Surprise!

We subsequently reached out to Paramount Pictures for comment, who provided Collider with this exclusive statement from J.J. Abrams himself:

The idea came up a long time ago during production. We wanted to make it a blood relative of Cloverfield. The idea was developed over time. We wanted to hold back the title for as long as possible.

The film stars John Goodman, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, and John Gallagher, Jr. and when we previously spoke with Winstead while she was promoting her indie Faults, she told us the story revolves around a woman who wakes up in a cellar where she’s being kept by a stranger, played by Goodman. The actress previously elaborated a bit on the plot by saying the following:

He tells me that basically the world is over outside because there’s been a nuclear fall-out. It does have similarity to Faults, in some ways, because you don’t know who’s telling the truth or who to believe. There’s a lot of, who’s manipulating who, and all of that. Tonally, it’s very different, but it has some of those same themes.

Now that we know the title of the film, this “post-apocalyptic” setting appears to make much more sense, but how exactly it ties to Cloverfield remains unknown. Abrams tells us it’s a “blood relative”, which seems to suggest that the movie isn’t a direct sequel to Cloverfield but instead takes place within the same universe. Clearly it’s not found footage so it’s taking a different visual style than the Matt Reeves-directed original, but is it set within the New York City area? And how long after the events of Cloverfield does it pick up? That’s all unclear, but seeing as how the first trailer is set to arrive imminently, I’m sure we’ll have plenty more questions once that’s officially released.

Luckily, we don’t have to wait long at all to see the film. 10 Cloverfield Lane is set to hit theaters on March 11th.

What do you think, folks? 8 years later, are you still eager for another Cloverfield story? Sound off in the comments below.

Trailer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhhhh sweet.
Awesome trailer.

So want to know what that is knocking at the door. Looks like a giant slug thing or something. Creepy

Those 5 trailers were released the other day and they all were the same trailer as the first one (or Super Bowl trailer - can't remember) and they all had an image pop up at the end so people are linking those now and they all have numbers in the images.

Also runtime is 1 hour 45 mins and this one is labelled as sci fi!!!
Cloverfield was horror I think
So I'm happy about both those

Also the website was updated the other day with another message from Goodman to Megan and that interesting with parts on how to make survival stuff and also with news articles linking to events in our news plus he mentions about a train in it too about a New Orleans train to get to him and mentions not to take a plane and this particular train track caught on fire the other day on actual news which is a bit freaky but some on Reddit think it was planned for the ARG as that has now popped up on the website for the news sections lol

Seem to be something with soviets and satellites but weirdly enough as paranoid as goodmans character seems in his messages to Megan with the bunkers, what he knows, his fear of y2k and what he's seen in the navy he don't once mention monsters or Clovie in New York

Edit: just noticed it looks like a woman at the bunker door at the end
I'm so behind with it all... I've not even seen the other trailers you referred to, nor have I been on the site since we last spoke about it. I'll probably enjoy this a lot more than Cloverfield if it's a true sci-fi then... I'm not a fan of horror, which could be one of the reasons why I didn't enjoy Cloverfield. I honestly thought it was just another person at the door, rather than a monster or something. I'm kind of disappointed that they showed more to that scene in the trailer... I'd rather they left it until the film for us to find out what it was. Think I'll be avoiding any new trailers from now on.

Reactions: Flloydo
I'm so behind with it all... I've not even seen the other trailers you referred to, nor have I been on the site since we last spoke about it. I'll probably enjoy this a lot more than Cloverfield if it's a true sci-fi then... I'm not a fan of horror, which could be one of the reasons why I didn't enjoy Cloverfield. I honestly thought it was just another person at the door, rather than a monster or something. I'm kind of disappointed that they showed more to that scene in the trailer... I'd rather they left it until the film for us to find out what it was. Think I'll be avoiding any new trailers from now on.

I personally wouldn't label cloverfield as a horror but it was

I think I might like this more than cloverfield too. Looking forward it anyway

Those other trailers are not released online yet. Only in certain cinemas so loads of people filmed the trailer and have taken screen shots but others have found the original pics anyway.
Quite cool

Yeah its a woman at the door but she's seems to be grabbed by something (I'm guessing parasites but not a clue)
Glad we finally hear the beard guy talk

Reactions: Noodles

Holy **** this is epic!

This has to be one of the best ARGs out there

I haven't followed this for the past 4-5 days so I'm quite behind. Obviously I knew about the 5 pics on the trailers and peeps were guessing its coordinates but this is next level Shiz

I'll watch the last 2 vids in a bit and have to catch up on Reddit later.

Cheers for posting it C.C.95
Quality

Also very cool in terms of memrobila for that guy and also how cool is it that the empty drink was there

Reactions: Noodles and C.C. 95
Holy **** this is epic!

This has to be one of the best ARGs out there

I haven't followed this for the past 4-5 days so I'm quite behind. Obviously I knew about the 5 pics on the trailers and peeps were guessing its coordinates but this is next level Shiz

I'll watch the last 2 vids in a bit and have to catch up on Reddit later.

Cheers for posting it C.C.95
Quality

Also very cool in terms of memrobila for that guy and also how cool is it that the empty drink was there
What if some random person just came by and picked up that bottle to put it the trash?!!
Then what?!!:LOL:
You can hear the USBs directly HERE:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/00x77ayf366shfy/TerminalLog_02112016_Bkup1.wav?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ov7fdvd8r8zgx1i/TerminalLog_02112016_Bkup2.wav?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gquhudcjl06jcq5/TerminalLog_02112016_Bkup3.wav?dl=0
  • ISS: Houston, ARTE thermal exchange experiment, segment 721, downlink complete.
  • Cap Com: Copy ISS, cruise confirms download complete, proceed to mission parameter 474.
  • [chatter]
  • ISS: Confirmed, bringing AMS interface online.
  • Cap Com: Copy
  • [chatter]
  • ISS: Uh, yeah, Houston be advised, AMS data is outside expected parameters. Uh, reinitializing access.
  • Cap Com: Copy
  • Man: Contact confirmed at angular velocity... [chatter]
  • ISS: Reinitialized access resulted in no change to anomalous data. Sending downlink.
  • Man: Downlink confirmed. [chatter]
  • Cap Com: We see it. CRONUS is analyzing.
  • [chatter]
  • Man: Looks like a localized burst of magnetic energy. It's not consistent with uh... anything I've seen before.
  • Cap Com: Flight, this is Cap Com.
  • Flight: Go ahead Cap Com.
  • Cap Com: We may have a off-nominal situation with AMS 02.
  • Flight: Have we heard from Space Com about any activity in the area?
  • Cap Com: Negative.
  • Space Com: Uh... data stream is intact so... likely not equipment failure.
  • Flight: Check with ESOC and Tskuba. Find out if they're seeing the same thing we are.
  • Cap Com: ISS, it doesn't appear to be equipment failure.
  • [chatter]
  • Flight: Space Command, this is the flight director of Johnson. You guys testing anything we don't know about?
  • Space Com: Ahh... no.
  • Flight: You guys are sure?
  • Space Com: Europe is seeing the same thing... [coopa?] confirms as well.
  • Flight: Spaceman says they don't have anything up there.
  • ISS: Uh.. we're seeing another burst in the signal... this one is bigger.
  • Space Com: Uh, it would have to be something really big to generate this kind of magnetic field.
  • Cap Com: Can you get a visual on the AMS?
  • ISS: Yeah, René's looking now... uh Cap Com, René thinks he saw somethin–
  • [LOUD AUDIO INTERUPTION]
  • Cap Com: ISS, what was that? ... ISS do you copy?
  • ISS: Yeah, we copy Houston. There was a, uh, flash of red light that seemed to come from... uh, everywhere... and then it was gone.
  • Cap Com: Copy ISS. Everyone ok up there?
  • ISS: Yeah, more or less Houston.
  • Flight: Tell them to clear it out.
  • Cap Com: ISS, Flight would like you to execute procedure 2380A and scrub this from the mission logs.
  • Flight: Wipe the signal please. Notify ESOC and Tskuba to disregard.
  • ISS: Confirmed

Last edited:

Cool, I'll check it all out in a bit and I'll let you know what I think of it all

Yeah lol I thought that. I would of laughed if the old bill came over to him or some farmer with him having to explain himself lol
I imagine they had someone after the new trailers in the area each day checking every couple of hours or something to see if the bottle was still there and obvioulsy permission by whoever for the burying of the box etc
Very cool though and very in depth

Reactions: C.C. 95
Cool, I'll check it all out in a bit and I'll let you know what I think of it all

Yeah lol I thought that. I would of laughed if the old bill came over to him or some farmer with him having to explain himself lol
I imagine they had someone after the new trailers in the area each day checking every couple of hours or something to see if the bottle was still there and obvioulsy permission by whoever for the burying of the box etc
Very cool though and very in depth
The USB conversation is very much reminiscent of the conversation at the opening of Close Encounters between the tower and the pilots. I am sure that is very much on purpose!

The USB conversation is very much reminiscent of the conversation at the opening of Close Encounters between the tower and the pilots. I am sure that is very much on purpose!

Finally watched them. Was hard to make out the audio but I get what you mean with close encounter stuff Plus the Dropbox files wouldn't work on my iPhone but I'm guessing your right that it's on purpose plus he does look at Spielberg as a mentor so I'm guessing the film is about aliens but still that chat could mean anything. Need to check out Reddit now. Can see that taking a while lol

Finally watched them. Was hard to make out the audio but I get what you mean with close encounter stuff Plus the Dropbox files wouldn't work on my iPhone but I'm guessing your right that it's on purpose plus he does look at Spielberg as a mentor so I'm guessing the film is about aliens but still that chat could mean anything. Need to check out Reddit now. Can see that taking a while lol
Yeah, it was hard to make out the audio, that's why the transcript is nice.

Yeah, it was hard to make out the audio, that's why the transcript is nice.

I didn't even realise you posted that. Cheers

Ohhh that's very interesting! Bursts of energy and getting the space station involved.
I'm excited :)

J.J. ABRAMS TALKS ’10 CLOVERFIELD LANE’ AND ITS CONNECTION TO THE LARGER ‘CLOVERFIELD’ UNIVERSE (Source Fandango)

For starters, this is not Cloverfield 2.

The one thing we know for sure is that this isn’t a straight-up Cloverfield sequel, right?

“This movie is very purposefully not called Cloverfield 2, because it’s not Cloverfield 2,” Abrams says, adding that “the association is clear and there are multiple connections – and there is a bigger idea at play for us with these movies and this connection. “

So does 10 Cloverfield Lane take place during the first Cloverfield?

“No it doesn’t, but there’s a larger thing at play with these connections,” Abrams continues. “And the fun of it is that some of these connections – and there’s a lot of them – are not the kind of connections you might think. So if you’re approaching it as a literal sequel, you’ll be surprised to see what this movie is. But while it’s not what you might expect from a movie that has the name 'Cloverfield' in it, I think you’ll find that you’ll understand the connection when you see the whole thing.”

The word “connections” comes up often in our conversation with Abrams, who’s a master at teasing without revealing. What are the connections, exactly? He won’t say.

One thing Abrams will say is that there are different monsters this time around. The original Cloverfield monster isn’t in this movie, and, as the poster suggests, these new monsters come in different forms.

“The story of this movie – and it came to us originally as a spec that was very different in a lot of ways and an unrelated thing altogether – is definitely about different kinds of monsters,” he says. “And while the Cloverfield monster isn’t in this movie, there’s a new monster and there’s something else that happens… but I don’t want to ruin the ending.”

Fine, BUT… what about that scene in the trailer where Mary Elizabeth Winstead is staring at a glowing house? What is she seeing?

“Without ruining anything in the movie…“ Abrams says with a grin, “…I will say that what she’s looking at is something this character is seriously ill-prepared to handle, and like anyone is utterly terrified by it.”

You know what’s terrifying? Announcing a movie and unleashing its first trailer only two months before release. While many studios would shy away from such a bold and ballsy tactic, Abrams and Paramount embraced it.

Why announce what’s essentially a follow-up to a major movie in Cloverfield only two months before it hits theaters?

“The decision to connect it to Cloverfield happened a long time ago, but it was a very conscious decision not to announce it as such,” Abrams says. “We didn’t announce anything. We very purposely kept quiet. We thought that instead of putting something out a year or nine months in advance, let’s try something else. It wasn’t to save marketing money – we thought if we released a trailer for a movie no one’s heard of, we were hoping we’d have the same reaction we ourselves would have, which is that thrill of the unexpected present under the tree -- that unexpected fun surprise.”

What’s unique about 10 Cloverfield Lane is that it’s an original story wrapped in familiar paper. It allows Abrams – and, by extension, first-time director Dan Trachtenberg – the freedom to essentially have their cake and eat it too.

“The thing that was great was not just watching people react to the surprise that this movie clearly had a Cloverfield association, but that it was coming out in two months,” Abrams says. “We just thought that this would be the way this movie could make its mark.”

Why not just make Cloverfield 2?

“We had so much fun making Cloverfield that when we were done, we felt like we were done with that movie,” Abrams explains. “And there were a lot of ideas [for a follow-up] – at one point there was this really big idea for doing three different things at once. A lot of things were thrown around. But we now live in that post-Godzilla, post-Pacific Rim era where those movies have been made, so what would we do?

I was actually talking to Drew [Goddard] last week about what would happen if we continued that specific story [as told in the first Cloverfield], and there are some fun ideas, but still not 'the thing.' There’s a reason why the movie we’re talking about right now isn’t Cloverfield 2, but something else entirely.”

So will there ever be a Cloverfield 2? Is the Cloverfield story becoming an anthology of sorts?

“A larger franchise or anthology would suggest multiple movies, and we’re just focusing on this, which is the second of two,” Abrams teases. “But I will say that there is something larger at play that if we’re lucky enough to get to do I think could result in something pretty cool.”